PDA

View Full Version : does hair all over our bodies grows at same rate?

mariika
September 6th, 2010, 12:36 PM
anybody knows that? because if it does grow at same rate I have an easy way to know my rate (I have curly hair and no measuring head hair will ever give me the exact speed)

Juneii
September 6th, 2010, 12:38 PM
not from my experience, the right side of my bangs grow a bit faster than my left. Not enough to make a big difference though.

Debra83
September 6th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Nope!!! Sorry!(It doesn't grow at the same rate).

squiggyflop
September 6th, 2010, 01:55 PM
the hairs on my head dont grow at the same rate so my guess is no.. the back of my head grows twice as fast as the canopy.. thats why i keep developing layers

mariika
September 6th, 2010, 02:11 PM
oh no... too bad:(

Arianwen
September 6th, 2010, 02:29 PM
I think my armpit and leg hair grow faster, which means frequent shaving, bleah.

Carolyn
September 6th, 2010, 02:56 PM
I can grow 1/4" of pit hair and chin hair in 2 days. It takes me 2 weeks to grow that much on my head. I wish it was the other way around. Life sucks sometimes :D

Arianwen
September 6th, 2010, 03:04 PM
^ chin hair frightens me. I spend inordinate amounts of time in front of a mirror with my tweezers checking to see if I have them, yet. *Shudder* How do you manage yours?

VintageBrooklyn
September 6th, 2010, 04:04 PM
I found out today that the hairs on my head all grow at very different rates. As I am growing out my gray regrowth that is all around an inch+ long now, I pulled out a weirdo short coarse hair while I was watching TV and it had the root attached but the gray at the base of it was only about a quarter of an inch! I thought my head hairs all grew at the same rate, I guess not! :)

Fractalsofhair
September 6th, 2010, 05:54 PM
I know my armpit hair and my head hair grow at aprox. the same rate from when I used to shave and I grew it out. It took about 1 month for the hair to get 1 inch long. My leg hair grows much slower though!

RachelRain
September 6th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Oh, definitely not for me. My leg and pit hair are almost magical, with how fast they grow. lol. Then again, my hair has only grown an inch in months, so... maybe I'm just at a slump.

I would think it varies for each individual person, though.

EtherealOde
September 6th, 2010, 07:17 PM
I can grow 1/4" of pit hair and chin hair in 2 days. It takes me 2 weeks to grow that much on my head. I wish it was the other way around. Life sucks sometimes :D
Diet Mountain Dew up the nose when I read this, omg!!!

My pit and leg hair used to grow really fast when I was young, and I needed to shave every other day to keep it in check. These days I can shave twice a month and not look unsightly. I'm not sure why, or what happened to change that growth rate, because the hair on my head grows at a normal rate. :confused:

EdG
September 6th, 2010, 09:16 PM
My beard grows at the same rate as my hair (half an inch per month). I have measured both. :)
Ed

julliams
September 7th, 2010, 01:21 AM

I hear you!!! It amazes me how quick they grow back.

beez1717
September 7th, 2010, 01:23 AM
I can say DEFINITELY not. Heck, my mustache seems to like stop growing once it fills in and it never gets bushy, yet my leg hairs just seem to grow at a crazy rate. Heh. oh well.