PDA

View Full Version : Happiness with my niece's hair

sibiryachka
September 5th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Last week I had dinner with my sister & her family, and had a couple of moments with her 7-year-old daughter I thought you'd all be able to appreciate:
First, helping her wash her hair in the bath - before it was wet, she was swishing it across her back and said "I love the way my hair feels on my skin". We had a good conversation about how, yeah, that feeling is one of the best things about hair :p I'm the only other one in the family whose hair is below their shoulders, so it's always been a thing we share.
Then I had the privilege of combing and braiding it after the washing. Her daddy got laid off a few months ago, so he's been home with her instead of her being in day care after school, and as you might imagine he is doing way more of the bathing/dressing/hair care than before. He's always been good at braiding her hair - now he wants me to teach him how to french-braid it. Sounds like some quality family time to me!

Hotrox
September 5th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Ah, this is very cute. A happy memory you'll always treasure :-)

TinaDenali
September 5th, 2010, 09:24 PM
That is such a sweet story!

That's so cute what she said about feeling her hair. Such simple pleasures; I wish everyone could find such pleasures in simple, everyday things.

Jenn of Pence
September 5th, 2010, 09:27 PM
That's sweet! It's neat that her dad is interested in the little things like braiding her hair. While it stinks to not have a job, at least there's the silver lining of spending more time with his daughter. :)

Henrietta
September 6th, 2010, 08:06 AM
I have never heard about a dad who want to learn a french braid for his daughter. It's amazing...:D
I am glad you have someone in the family who understands the amazing feeling when hair brushes the skin ;)