PDA

View Full Version : My first dutch braids since I got layers!

tinti
September 5th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Yays! Finally I can braid again! I'm so happy! Ok, my braids when my hair is dry isn't that impressive, but anyways, they stay put together and nice, so thats great! My shortest layers are at chin lenght, my longest are at apl while the rest of my hair is a bit below bsl, so braiding is a bit problematic, but I did manage to make 2 dutch ones. Maybe in some months I can braid dry hair as well and it's not sticking out or falling apart! When I try to make a french braid on dry hair atm the top layers are falling out. But I'm happy for my dutchies, I love sleeping in braids!

Picture or it didn't happen:
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i290/tinti84/IMG_0275.jpg

I know the lighting and the quality isn't the best, it's night here in Norway atm, sorry for that :)

TinaDenali
September 5th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Those braids look great!! You did a wonderful job. Nice and even.

I am still trying to mast french braiding my own hair... Do you find dutch braiding to be easier or about the same as french?

tinti
September 5th, 2010, 06:40 PM
I think dutch braiding is easier once you get the hang of it. It's still a bit unusual for me but I feel like I mmaster it, so that's something :D
ETA: btw, is it something wrong with the album section? I tried to upload my lenght shots but I got some error message everytime I tried.

littlenvy
September 5th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Your braids look very nice! :)

I still haven't learned how to do a good English braid, anything like this and I have to call my mommy for help ;)

Gumball
September 5th, 2010, 06:41 PM
We all wish our first braids looked so great! I think you did a superb job on them!

Speckla
September 5th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Pretty! Very very pretty.

tinti
September 5th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Thanks, Gumball and littlenvy! Keep practising, I remember I struggled learning to french braid but eventually I got the hang of it. When I was little I did English braids on my little sister who had waist lenght hair, I was so jelous!

ETA:

Pretty! Very very pretty.
Thank you!
ETA: Sorry for double posting, and thanks for editing it!

Henrietta
September 6th, 2010, 08:12 AM
I think dutch braiding is easier once you get the hang of it. It's still a bit unusual for me but I feel like I mmaster it, so that's something :D
ETA: btw, is it something wrong with the album section? I tried to upload my lenght shots but I got some error message everytime I tried.

Yes, you're not the only one, there is a problem with albums. It's been few days already.

Your braids are so nice and even! Great! :cheese:

Phexlyn
September 6th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Those Dutchies look great! Congrats! :)

I can do Dutch braids, but somehow I always knot up my fingers while braiding... that's why I do French much more often. Interesting to know that others find Dutch easier to do!

tinti
September 6th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Yes, you're not the only one, there is a problem with albums. It's been few days already.

Your braids are so nice and even! Great! :cheese:
Good to know it's not my comp messing with me, thanks!
Thank you! It's nice to be able to do them again, they were one of my favs before chop :)

Those Dutchies look great! Congrats! :)

I can do Dutch braids, but somehow I always knot up my fingers while braiding... that's why I do French much more often. Interesting to know that others find Dutch easier to do!
It's easyer to do dutch braids when I decide to go for straight hair because my hair is so silky and slippery, maybe that's why. Keep practicing, it took a long time before I got the hang of it, I was so used to doing french braids that my hands got comfused :D