PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take you?

Yasmine91
September 5th, 2010, 04:58 PM
If any of you have hair or had rather, hair that was shoulder length, how long did it take for your hair to get to either waist TBL?

Just curious :D

MsBubbles
September 5th, 2010, 05:02 PM
It took me a whopping 2 years and 10 months to get from shoulder length to waist. But I had to trim half my length-gains each month (about half a centimeter I suppose) because I had loads of highlight and blow drying damage. If my hair had been in better shape it probably only would've taken me a little over a year and a half, now that I know my growth rate (about .625" - sorry, mixing metric and imperial here!). But you're young so your growth rate may be faster than that.

ETA: I just looked at your 'is my hair healthy' thread & photos, and you're already past shoulder. So it'll probably be even less than 18 months to waist if you have decent growth-rate and don't have a very low waist.

pepperminttea
September 5th, 2010, 05:06 PM
It took me about two and a half years, with trims. I'm 5'10" though, if you've got less height you won't need as much length. :)

wtchmel
September 5th, 2010, 05:11 PM
I Think it'll depend on your trimming and damage. I have never reached tb, and i've been on a hair board of some sort for over 10 years.(i think, ol lhl boards years back) For me, i've been a dye-er so there would be alot of damage. I've gotten to the top of the ass, but it was thinner then the rest of the hair, so i would always just cut, or over analyze how i looked with it long and unlayered, then i would cut it all again. So..... good luck, and i'm a ramblin' ;)

Yasmine91
September 5th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Aww that's really reassuring guys! I can't wait to gain that length in that amount of time! hopefully it will anyway :cheese:

TinaDenali
September 5th, 2010, 05:38 PM
It took me almost exactly 2 years to get from chin length to waist length. My hair was about APL last summer, so APL to waist in 1 year.

chelseamichelle
September 5th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Well when I started growing my hair was shorter than shoulder length, and I have been growing for two years (Trimming frequently at the beginning). I'm not yet solidly at waist, however I think it will take another 3-4 months :)

My goal is tailbone, and I am estimating another year at least. I plan on trimming more during this time.

Yasmine91
September 5th, 2010, 08:03 PM
So trimming is needed, thought I could get away with no cutting. How often do you guys trim?

motormuffin
September 5th, 2010, 11:24 PM
My hair was just about APL or a little shorter last May. I didn't cut it until last Friday. It's now at waist.
I don't think I HAD to get a trim but I did want it cleaned up some.

JenniferNoel
September 6th, 2010, 12:44 AM
You'll only need to trim when you feel your hair absolutely needs it, or if you can't stand what your hemline is doing.
For me, shoulder to waist is about a one year five months deal.

Tuntenut
September 6th, 2010, 01:20 AM
Must've been... five years? My hair grows very slowly, and I haven't always been very nice to it. SL to BSL took nearly four years (with a good deal of trimming), but when I really started taking good care of my hair, it sped up and reached my waist in just about a year.

Konstifik
September 6th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Mm, I'm a slow-grower. :(
10 years to go from shoulder to BSL, with a yearly trim. But after I joined LHC, I've noted an increase in growth, so maybe 5 more years until waist or tailbone. :)

Night_Kitten
September 6th, 2010, 02:22 AM
For me, from SL to TBL took about... *counts*... 6 years. But I did get cuts to "give it a style" along the way, so it's not "pure growth time"...
Why did I let myself be talked into those cuts I have no idea, but it was before I found LHC, so that explains it somewhat, LOL :)

Yasmine91
September 6th, 2010, 03:44 AM
So minimum is 2 years or so. Wow 10 years!!!???

Was it boy cut? :confused:

Yasmine91
September 6th, 2010, 03:48 AM
For me, from SL to TBL took about... *counts*... 6 years. But I did get cuts to "give it a style" along the way, so it's not "pure growth time"...
Why did I let myself be talked into those cuts I have no idea, but it was before I found LHC, so that explains it somewhat, LOL :)

I see, I'm gonna try not cut it as much as possible, only if I really want or need to rather.

People seem to know their stuff here more than the hairdressers LOL

Konstifik
September 6th, 2010, 03:53 AM
So minimum is 2 years or so. Wow 10 years!!!???

Was it boy cut? :confused:

It was a simple shoulder-length cut. No layers or anything. But growing past that stupid shoulder was real hard. :/
Good luck with your growth, and (belated) welcome to the forum! :D

Yasmine91
September 6th, 2010, 04:04 AM
It was a simple shoulder-length cut. No layers or anything. But growing past that stupid shoulder was real hard. :/
Good luck with your growth, and (belated) welcome to the forum! :D

Cheers lovey, I'm gonan need it, Im not exactly sure what my growth rate is, lets have a look see! :D

redneckprincess
September 6th, 2010, 09:20 AM
i was at shoulder just over a year ago (with trims) and should be at waist in another year, but probally a bit longer then that because im sure the trimming will start up again (after next May)

lapushka
September 6th, 2010, 09:25 AM
With a few trims only, it took me 2 years to get from chin to within 2 inches of waist.

Antipodienne
September 6th, 2010, 09:35 AM
About six years to hip, with the occasional trim.

Stacy_E
September 6th, 2010, 10:12 AM
It took me 2 years and 9 months to go from shoulder to waist:

March 2007:
http://www.pbase.com/segan/image/76358791/original.jpg

December 2009:
http://www.pbase.com/segan/image/120380459/original.jpg

Amelia
September 6th, 2010, 12:21 PM
I was shoulder length in March 2009. I've trimmed a few times and i'm now at BSL. So, a year and six months.. could be that in six more months I'll be waist. :cool:

Juneii
September 6th, 2010, 12:26 PM
it took me about two years, I had layers so the shortest layer was at my chin, it is now somewhere around waist :)

CrisDee
September 6th, 2010, 12:31 PM
My hair was cut to chin length around spring of 1972, and the pic in my signature was taken in fall of 1974 - so about 2 1/2 years from chin to waist for me - at least back in the day...

Aleria
September 6th, 2010, 12:45 PM
I was shoulder length a year ago, had one trim of a couple inches, now I'm at BSL. My hair grows slowly though.

mizsunshyne
September 6th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Cheers lovey, I'm gonan need it, Im not exactly sure what my growth rate is, lets have a look see! :D

I am right there with ya. We are about the same length. Maybe we can be hair buddies. :D

Arianwen
September 6th, 2010, 02:26 PM
If any of you have hair or had rather, hair that was shoulder length, how long did it take for your hair to get to either waist TBL?

Just curious :D

I was not measuring, was practicing benign neglect (ie: I didn't give a hoot) I went from around shoulder-length to BSL in just over 1 year, I think. I had an unprecedented epic growth period though.

DuckyDot
September 6th, 2010, 02:32 PM
I'm at Shoulder Length and my hair grows at about 1 inch per month :) Hopefully I can get to Waist in this lifetime :D (I'm VERY scissor happy) :D Maybe just a little Snip here and there..............

:D

Marjolein
September 6th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Well, I was just below shoulder 5 years ago and now I'm almost at BSL. Don't think I'll ever reach waist, let alone TBL :(. But don't let that depress you, you're probably a much faster grower than I am :flower:.

IcarusBride
September 6th, 2010, 03:04 PM
I had hair a little above shoulder length in 2007 and now almost waist, but in this time I grew it past BSL and cut back to APL and now am at waist again. Sorry if that timeline doesn't make sense.

I trim now every 3 months about 1/2 inch maybe a little less. I just want to thicken up my ends because they are terribly thin.

Yasmine91
September 6th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Aww brillant for contributing guys, really lifts up my spirits :)

I am right there with ya. We are about the same length. Maybe we can be hair buddies. :D

LOL is it? sweeeeet! I am dieing for extremely long hair.

I'd love to be buddies! :D LOL