PDA

View Full Version : Long count for natural length

Pages : 1 [2]

Samara Morgan
February 4th, 2009, 01:46 PM
I'm in too :grin: Last year I messed up my hair a little, so now I'm just getting back to where I was with my hair even though it will take a bit of time. This is a really inspiring thread I think :agree:

Xandergrammy
February 4th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I'm still doing nothing... slowly growing and always posting lots of pictures. :sun:

wintersun99
February 4th, 2009, 03:02 PM
I'm fighting through some issues over on the "salt n pepper" thread, but maybe someday I will join you here... in the meantime, high fives to all of you for looking fabulous. :D

spidermom
February 4th, 2009, 03:03 PM
I'm still doing nothing... slowly growing and always posting lots of pictures. :sun:

I know. I love that about you. I also love that you may answer a question I've had in mind for awhile -- if you don't cut the dyed portion off, how long will it be until you shed out most/all of the dyed hairs?

Katla
February 4th, 2009, 03:14 PM
I'm in. I used to dye my hair way back in high school but that's long since been trimmed away. I love my natural hair and hair colour... no way I'm getting it dyed again :D

amiaow
February 4th, 2009, 04:01 PM
I too am growing out my natural colour- you just can't get it in a bottle! :)

Xandergrammy
February 4th, 2009, 04:08 PM
I know. I love that about you. I also love that you may answer a question I've had in mind for awhile -- if you don't cut the dyed portion off, how long will it be until you shed out most/all of the dyed hairs?

I'm anxiously awaiting the answer to that question, too, spidermom. I'm also curious to see just how long it will get. It's a good thing I've acquired some patience in my old age, huh? :wink:

AJoifulNoise
February 4th, 2009, 04:41 PM
I'm still doing nothing, too. Though, I have to say I'm being tempted to give my hair a streak of color. Probably won't happen, though. Mostly 'cuz I'm too lazy to go look at dye. But, also because I really like the silvers that have come in and I don't want to cover them.

Sissy
February 4th, 2009, 04:43 PM
I love your hair also! As of now I am also natural and growing out. I have done away with heat styling, cones, etc. I have wanted darker hair... but for the moment I'm just letting it grow as is :)

Addy
February 4th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I'm growing out my bottled color too!

Can't wait to be a virgin again! :D

Gingevere
February 4th, 2009, 05:16 PM
I've never had a desire to color my hair and after that nightmare of a perm a few years ago, I'm actually grateful to have my straight, flat hair back. Loving this natural thing! :grin:

SimplyLonghair
February 4th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Spidermom, I won't say that I will join this until I have much more grey to cover, as I like that with the henna I get the color that I had when younger. LOL But I will cheer you on as you grow on your journey! :cheer: And when my hair is whiter I will join on the quest.

teela1978
February 4th, 2009, 05:50 PM
I guess I'm in this club. Hair is currently not dyed or permed. I did have a quick thought about dye while trying to coax a small clump of silver sparklies into hiding under my canopy today though.

I used to dye regularly, playing around with different colors. I think I've gotten it out of my system. I hate having visible roots, and I really don't like having to dye my hair. Sometimes I wash it. Sometimes I comb it. Mostly it just grows.

WavyGirl
February 5th, 2009, 08:55 AM
I guess I'm in this club too. In the past I've done all sorts to my hair, but these days I'm just enjoying it for what it is. I've nearly removed all the old damage and hopefully then I'll start to see more growth. I have no plans to mess with it any more.

Kiraela
February 10th, 2009, 05:39 AM
You need a new picture in your album.

You know, you're right, at that. I'll try to take one later, once I wash and measure. Right now I don't even want ME to look at it!

carinkla
February 10th, 2009, 06:41 AM
I am also natural, have been for about 20 years now. IN the 80's I had perm. But I never dyed or colored my hair in any way. I do not intend to now also. Although I must honestly admit I do not know if I still think that way when gray starts to appear.

Xandergrammy
February 10th, 2009, 07:02 AM
I am also natural, have been for about 20 years now. IN the 80's I had perm. But I never dyed or colored my hair in any way. I do not intend to now also. Although I must honestly admit I do not know if I still think that way when gray starts to appear.

Carlinka, when those grays do start appearing, we have several support threads for accepting and caring for the grays. I think your lovely hair will look beautiful as it grays. Several members here have similar hair color to you (I'm thinking of harpgal and spidermom) and their silvers have only added to the beauty of their hair. :flowers:

Altocumulus
February 10th, 2009, 09:36 AM
haha- you need a new picture, too. I like to see how everybody is growing along.

You're right! Here's a new siggy, there are a few more in my blog.

Amara
February 10th, 2009, 09:58 AM
I am down to shoulder lengthish with my virgin hair! Woot! I dyed the length of it an ashy grey to tone down the henna... it worked. In sunlight you can still see the demarcation... but it doesn't bug me so much. I can't wait until all my hair is virgin!

LovingLife
February 10th, 2009, 10:05 AM
ME!! Curly just above shoulder, so shiny and black! I wouldn't give my curls away for anything after watching straight haired friends either make it bone straight for hours or a 'slight wave', where no one can EVER touch it and they never get as many compliments as a nice natural head gets (when will they learn?).

PS. I do of course love straight and wavy hair just not fussing for hours!

LovingLife
February 10th, 2009, 10:06 AM
ME!! Curly just above shoulder, so shiny and black! I wouldn't give my curls away for anything after watching straight haired friends either make it bone straight for hours or a 'slight wave', where no one can EVER touch it and they never get as many compliments as a nice natural head gets (when will they learn?).

PS. I do of course love straight and wavy hair just not fussing for hours!

I love this site by the way! It makes me see the good in my hair and its getting so long!

Lady love of the ravishing raven heads in the order of the long haired knights! :p

rapunzhell13
February 10th, 2009, 07:17 PM
I'm really proud of myself, I still haven't touched colour and so far there is no temptation anyway! :cheese:

Morningglory
February 10th, 2009, 09:28 PM
I have my underlayer natural and the top colored in the front to cover greys!:mad:

I folded under pressure from my husband to rinse the grey out but, I am working my way back to natural slowly but surely!!!!:p

Ven
February 10th, 2009, 10:02 PM
I am in! My hair is my natural color. I have only changed the color once to add highlights back in 2001ish maybe. I didn't find the process or the results too terribly exciting, though they did look good. I will just mark that as a been there done that experience which I don't need to repeat.:)

As for gray hairs...when they do start to come in in earnest I know for a fact I don't have the temperment to get regular appointments and or self applied appoinments so I know that would be an epic fail immediatly. So I won't even go there when the time comes.:silly:

~Ven

Darkhorse1
February 10th, 2009, 10:54 PM
I'm loving maintaining my hair's health, so I do get mini-trims. And, I like to color it as it's the only thing I do for myself. However, when the gray is really too much to color, I'm going to let it go gray. I'm hoping it'll be a lovely silver or even better, white! :)

KnightsLady
February 11th, 2009, 04:00 AM
I know I am in for the long count. I nurture my hair as a natural resource. I have no desire to change its color or texture by dye, bleach, perm, indigo, or henna. It is unique and beautiful just as it is (between times of being a pain). I will grow it as long as I can continue to care for it by myself.

Who is walking this particular path with me?

I'm a late comer, as I've been mulling over this for a few months. Even though I've not dyed or permed for over 10 years, it has taken me a while to give up the idea that I have to conform to fashion dictates or generally try to make myself what I'm not. I'm still wrestling with that on occassion, but each day it becomes less and less of an issue. It's a bit of a work in progress. :o

I already have quite a few grays, (DBF takes delight in pointing them out) but have no wish to make them any other colour than what they are.

Xandergrammy
February 11th, 2009, 08:07 AM
I already have quite a few grays, (DBF takes delight in pointing them out) but have no wish to make them any other colour than what they are.

Good for you, KnightsLady!! There's another thread for support with not coloring grays specifically called The Salt & Pepper Thread, if you'd like to take a look. :flowers:

JamieLeigh
February 11th, 2009, 10:21 AM
I have no desire to color, perm, or do anything unnatural to my hair, other than S&D and super-micro-trim. So I guess if trimming doesn't count, I'm on this path with you. :)

MadPirateBippy
February 23rd, 2009, 01:49 PM
As long as cassia-for-splits-but-no-color-change is groovy, I'm in.

Can I be in? Plz? (does best to look like an adorable LoLcat)

Buddaphlyy
February 24th, 2009, 12:08 PM
I may have to leave th club. My hair has turned the ickiest shade of dirty brown and I can't deal with it. I think I will be dying it back to it's original black, so I can feel like my normal self again.

CaraLynn
February 24th, 2009, 12:45 PM
May I join? :)
I've never permed or colored my hair...the worst I've done is lemon juice to make it lighter in the summer when I was in my early teens.
I wanna grow to terminal, and hopin' it's at least knee length!

Kerri
February 24th, 2009, 01:20 PM
:waving: I want to join too!

My first dye job also was my last one. About 15 years ago when I was 13 I decided that red hair might be a great idea. It wasn't. It did not suit me at all. I looked very silly . :silly:

I have quite a few white hairs coming in. I love those little sparkling diamonds :crush:

I never permed or straightened and I don't plan to do so in the future.

- Kerri.

Alana2000
February 24th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Count me in aswell!

dontknowaname
February 24th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Never going to dye or anything (dont think i need it ;)) and going to keep it growing to, so count me in. :)

melikai
February 25th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Growing out bleached ends for a year and a half now - I've dyed these ends to match my natural colour, but hopefully that doesn't count!

At first I wasn't so sure about my natural colour, but the more it came in, the more I liked it, and now I can't wait until all of my hair is natural. :)

I'm planning on growing another two inches or so, and then slowly trimming off the dyed parts....

It is so free-ing to not have to worry about maintaining colour and forcing your hair into someone else's notion of beauty! I'm much happier this way, and more relaxed.

Mearwynna
February 28th, 2009, 11:58 AM
This is definitely me. Highlighting and dye does not do good things to my hair, so I'm giving it up. haven't colored the hair since Jan 2007. I've also been getting rid of the layers and going back to a simpler look that is easier to take care of, looks great when down and doesn't start looking dry and frazzled.

If I feel like "doing something with it" I usually use a do a smt. My hair likes honey. I heat it so it doesn't get the peroxide effect. If I want a different look I braid it after I oil it, and it looks wavy and lovely.

Two things I'm trying lately is using coconut before I wash as an over night treatment and the shea butter, conditioner and coconut as a leave in. I'm also trying to keep it up more so it will grow and maybe I can minimize any damage from friction.

I'm also a chameleon and I have redish and blondish natural highlights. My hair is right at bra strap length. Just lately I've been swinging it behind me when it's down. I feel so gleeful when I realise it's growing. Pretty good growth, I guess in Jan 2007 I cut it off to my ears in a layerd cut. I have my hubby do a microtrim about every 6-8 weeks. I like my hair so much better now than when it was layered and short. So I guess this is where I belong...

Charli800
February 28th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Count me in too! I don't like the idea of changing my hair's nature. It wouldn't be my hair then as much as it is now. I've never dyed it, never permed it and never plan to! :D

Monkey962
February 28th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Being a guy, I've never really been too keen on dying or styling hair with nasty chemicals(not to be imposing gender roles, mind you). My mother would always do perms when I was young, which stick out in my mind because she'd warn us - the stuff smelled awful. Not to mention I don't like sudden changes in my appearance.

That being said, the only thing that's touched my hair is shampoo and conditioner. And water. And combs and brushes. And hands. And various oils. You get the idea...

30isthenewblack
February 28th, 2009, 10:26 PM
I'm still hanging in there & it's been nine months since I last dyed my hair. I've had moments where I've wanted to colour it but I've heeded the two week rule and the moment has passed :smile:

Charli800
March 1st, 2009, 03:05 AM
Good for you, 30isthenewblack! :D

Heavenly Locks
March 1st, 2009, 03:40 AM
For the chemicals and all that. Been there, done it...don't want to do it again. :)

I plan to let my natural hair be amazing for a long time, my goal is to grow and grow and grow for the 3 years I am in Japan. If I make my goal before then (hip)...oh well. I will keep growing! I can always cut it back.

30isthenewblack
March 1st, 2009, 03:44 AM
Good for you, 30isthenewblack! :D

Thanks Charli800 :) It will be worth it in the end when it is all one colour.

Silverlox
March 1st, 2009, 04:04 AM
I know I am in for the long count. I nurture my hair as a natural resource. I have no desire to change its color or texture by dye, bleach, perm, indigo, or henna. It is unique and beautiful just as it is (between times of being a pain). I will grow it as long as I can continue to care for it by myself.

Sorry for being so late to the party, hope you're still admitting.. :flower:

Please count me in! I totally agree with every word in your OP. No dye, stain, perm or other stuff that leaves a lasting impression, whether natural or chemical, will ever be let near these precious virgin tresses!

I'd love to see just how long it can get, thus I've set my goal at terminal.

Yay for walking down this path together! :wethree:

Forest
March 2nd, 2009, 02:42 AM
Every now and then I feel the urge to dye my hair, but I have so far managed to not give in. I really do want to grow my hair for quite some time and see what it looks like when treated kindly and no dye. I am happy though that nowadays (due to SLS-free shampoo/conditioner wash) my hair looks much less dry and dull than what it used to. So really, there isn't the same need to dye as it used to be. :)

I need to check in on this thread every now and then to keep on track!

I have also decided to let my layers grow and try more of a blunt cut. I have had layers since I was about 10! Maybe I will loose some curl, but I don't mind.

neon-dream
March 2nd, 2009, 04:48 AM
I'm in! I love my hair just the way it is :)
Just want it a bit longer :D

Braidmaid
March 3rd, 2009, 07:54 AM
Count me in too! My goal is terminal, and I love what God has given me!

Buddaphlyy
March 4th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Whew, managed to get over myself. My hair is still yucky brown, but I can live with it. Have been even making a switch toward more natural ingredients. Been mixing salt and honey in my Dc and it's working wonders.

spidermom
March 5th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Salt? Really? It's not terribly drying?

Kiraela
March 5th, 2009, 01:50 PM
I finally got a new picture! Going more natural is definately paying off.

I had been thinking about henna for a while, but honestly, I know when I've got a good thing going. Most of the gals I know dye their hair trying to get it my color...

LadyEliza
March 5th, 2009, 02:32 PM
I think I'm with you. I have a grey streak which is just facinating. It can stay there. I like the curl, the colour and the shine, just have to keep growing! :)

Kiraela
April 30th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I got a new, updated length shot without braidwaves! http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1209&pictureid=38030

I am really liking the way my virgin hair is coming in, but am really really starting to HATE the color of the damaged, lighter ends.

A question for you, would I be kicked out of the club if I just henna'd the bleachy bits and made sure not to get any on the virgin hair? At least then I'd be truly happy with it while I grow it out.

hazelnut
April 30th, 2009, 10:05 PM
You can definantly count me in! :) Although my hair is barely past shoulder length, I know that if I continue to take the advice of you guys, my hair will be at my goal of hip length in no time!

Robbi Dehlinger
April 30th, 2009, 11:35 PM
OMGosah, it is LOVELY!

Count me in too:)

:cheese:

I got a new, updated length shot without braidwaves! http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1209&pictureid=38030

I am really liking the way my virgin hair is coming in, but am really really starting to HATE the color of the damaged, lighter ends.

A question for you, would I be kicked out of the club if I just henna'd the bleachy bits and made sure not to get any on the virgin hair? At least then I'd be truly happy with it while I grow it out.

myotislucifugus
May 1st, 2009, 06:51 AM
Spidermom, I want to have hair as beautiful as yours someday, so I'm with you.

Jessica Trapp
May 1st, 2009, 07:26 AM
spidermom, your hair is GORGEOUS! It's grown so much since you first came here (I haven't been here in a while) and it looks awesome.

Jes

Firefly
May 1st, 2009, 07:33 AM
Well, I say go for it, Kiraela! Your goal is still natural length-- you are just covering up a bit of past damage while you work towards that goal. Hey, I won't judge. ;)

learnthenLive!
May 1st, 2009, 07:48 AM
I'm in, too! I have virgin hair and will keep it that way. Going gray reminds me of mortality and youth slipping away but there's no getting around it. Covering it up for me wouldn't change the facts, just more upkeep.:D

lady_of_shallot
May 1st, 2009, 08:06 AM
I love my natural color and celebrate your love for your hair.

Braidmaid
May 1st, 2009, 08:06 AM
I'm here too! Even though, hopefully, it'll be awhile before I turn grey, I'm quite content whith what God has given me!

ButterCup02
May 1st, 2009, 08:23 AM
I love my natural colour too :) I never dye it, and I don't plan to either! Your hair is so gorgeous spidermom!

Madame J
May 1st, 2009, 08:35 AM
I cut off everything I'd previously dyed (chemical dye, yucky) a year and a half ago, so I'm in. I'm only shoulder length now, but it grows fast when I take care of it!

spidermom
May 1st, 2009, 08:36 AM
Well, I say go for it, Kiraela! Your goal is still natural length-- you are just covering up a bit of past damage while you work towards that goal. Hey, I won't judge. ;)

I can't argue with this. Your hair is growing so well and looking so pretty, Kiraela.

Fairlight63
May 1st, 2009, 08:40 AM
Count me in also. I had dyed my hair for so long, I am not even sure what color my natural hair is any more. It has been a yr. since I last colored it.
I do know that what is growing in is grey & some more dark hairs growing in, in some areas, seems to be changing for some reason. Would be funny if it turns out that my hair isn't as grey as I thought. I thought that I was almost white headed, so this is a big surprise to me.
My hair is about bra strap length.

Kiraela
May 1st, 2009, 09:11 AM
Thanks, Robbi, Firefly and Spidermom! And Spidermom, coming from you, that's a big compliment indeed!

Xandergrammy
May 1st, 2009, 03:55 PM
Would be funny if it turns out that my hair isn't as grey as I thought. I thought that I was almost white headed, so this is a big surprise to me.

I stopped coloring my hair 3 years ago and it turns out that my hair isn't as gray as I thought it would be! I'm actually a little impatient to have more silvers/grays/whites, but I'm enjoying watching the different shades grow. :flowers:

Merewen
May 1st, 2009, 04:07 PM
Heck yes count me in! My hair is virgin because I was terrified to do anything to it - I like the way it is too much. I'm so glad I did.

enfys
May 1st, 2009, 04:16 PM
I'm in it for the long haul. I dabbled with dye (streaks, not whole head) and realised that it's a load of rubbish, and a trap. Well it is with my hair anyway. After less than a year it's grown out enough to not look like I have roots, so I really don't care. When it's gone it's gone.

Now I'm getting back on the straight and narrow, doing the best for my hair. Last time I was Classic, this time I'm hoping for fingertip!

I love feeling the little secret "you don't know how much I care about my hair...I covered it in half an Indian supermarketfor three hours yesterday".

AnneAdeline
May 1st, 2009, 07:11 PM
I bleached my hair about three years ago and then dyed and henna'd. But I have decided I want virgin hair instead. It's just more natural and I have seen so many beautiful heads of hair here to think that virgin color is boring.

losgan
May 1st, 2009, 07:22 PM
Other than a few perms as a kiddo, and a horrendous mistake about 6 years ago (blond highlights - how I got talked into that I'll never know) ... I'm definitely natural, and have no plans to change that.

For one thing, I thoroughly enjoy my natural color. For another - it grows pretty fast! It would be expensive to keep up!

And when/if it starts to go gray - I welcome it! Based on the few I have now, the texture is still rather nice and they are WHITE white.

wahmof9
May 1st, 2009, 07:43 PM
I am in! The gray is coming in and I don't want to dye....so it's long and gray for me.

I am about at APL right now on my way to BSL!

30isthenewblack
June 27th, 2009, 10:08 AM
A year on and I still haven't dyed my hair. I am loving my natural hair colour. I've tried to dye it back to a black colour but it's always turned out a gothic black and then I've put in highlights in to counter the dark colour. I can't wait for all my hair to be black but luckily the dyed hair and my natural colour are very similar so there isn't much of a difference. How is everyone else faring?

patience
June 27th, 2009, 10:50 AM
I'm in! Haven't colored since December and I have slightly over 3 inches of natural hair roots.

I just like to sit here and pet the top of my head...oh, so soft. I never realized the texture could be so different.

Ella Menneau P.
June 27th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I stopped coloring my hair (waist length right now) about 6 years ago, and I can honestly say I love my hair. It's that in-between color that I call honey brown, with some serious grays, which I love. People occasionally comment on the grays and suggest I color and I just ask why? They are usually taken aback when I say I like my grays, and they are evidence of a life lived.

Spidermom, you're one of my hair heroes on the board--I'm glad you're all natural!

Brianna
June 27th, 2009, 01:06 PM
I'm in. :) I've been growing out henndigo for the past 7 months or so, and I've no intentions of ever messing with my hair again. I'm looking forward to having it all natural again some day.

gmdiaz
June 27th, 2009, 02:47 PM
It's kind of shocking when you start getting gray hair. . .and I have quite a bit now. I am still not totally used to it but certainly have no intention of changing the color. It is what it is.

I think it will look much more interesting to me as I get more gray. Right now it's only about 30% gray and very metalic. Kinda cool.

So I am with you on this path. . .no dyes, no blow drying, no curling irons etc. I've gone cone and sulphate free. I plan to grow to terminal length first and then see where I want to maintain my length.

Right now I am below tailbone but not quite classic. I am loading up on vitamins and gentle handling, oiling, very little brushing or combing, and wearing my hair up more of the time.

It's a nice path to be on. . .

boukje
June 28th, 2009, 12:38 AM
I haven't coloured my hair since may last year and it is getting to the stage where I can do a bun and my head it my natural colour with a red bun.

I don't really like my colour at all, but I find it much easier not to colour and it also looks like it is more healthy (stronger) even though I only used henna to colour my hair (how odd is that?)

carinkla
June 28th, 2009, 02:53 AM
I am along for the ride. Witout being into consious haircare I am already into it since the nineties, afer perm in the 80's. I am fortunate to have natural waves and thick hair. And have a camelion color that is a basic darkblond, light brown, brown depending on the light ,or even red in sunlight (see avatar) And yes I am happy with that. On the otherside..if I would not be happy with the situ I might be tempted to do something about it in non damaging ways..

ilandree
June 28th, 2009, 09:08 AM
I'm with you too. I love my hair as is, color, texture, etc. I don't foresee that changing as I get older either. I love to see women with long gray hair. I am definitely in for the long haul.

Savvyhorsez
July 6th, 2009, 07:12 PM
I'm all for natural no dyes or anything. But I am wondering if some coconut oil would help with the growing process.:)

Fairlight63
July 6th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Count me in also. I haven't dyed my hair now for over a year so I have a lot of grey now. I want it to be healthy so no more dying it for me.
I don't blow dry it or use a curling iron any more either.

Bunnyhare
July 6th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Count me in Spidermom! I love my hair even more now, after losing a bunch because of illness/meds i realize how VERY much i love my hair~ and i am doing all i can to care for it gently and lovingly as long as it wants! (it is starting to grow back in:0))

fishwich
July 6th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Just started down this road, and don't plan to turn off it again. No more dye. When my silver comes in, I want to see it.

ericthegreat
July 6th, 2009, 11:20 PM
I wish I could say that I could join you guys fully in this mission, but that would mean I would have to cut off the last say foot or so of my ends!

See, between the years of 2004 and 2007, I was a hair color junkie! Yes, I allowed the evils of bleaching and color to be applied to my hair. In 2004, my hair was around BSL and long layered. At that time I wanted to get the "cool" highlights that are so popular among young people my age. I had blonde and orange streaks all over my crown. In the summer of 2005, I had blood red streaks put in. They looked very cool, but as red fades so fast the upkeep was just too expensive for me. So then I started using natural, herbal dyes to cover over the old red highlights. Around the summer of 2006, I decided to go with natural black color glosses so I could easily transition back to my natural color which is a brownish kind of black. And throughout the year of 2007 I did a semi-permanent herbal black color (this was all done at my favorite hair salon which is very long hair friendly by the way) every 6 weeks. At the start of 2008, I said enough is enough and I made a pact with myself to simply stop with all the colors being done on my hair. I've had enough of all the smelly chemicals and fumes, the burning of my scalp, and of course the cost so from that point on to today I haven't had any color applied to my hair. And, with the deep oil treatments I get done every 6 weeks at this same salon, my hair has finally returned to the soft, shiny, head of silk it naturally was when my hair was a virgin!

feralnature
July 6th, 2009, 11:46 PM
I'm in Spidermom. I can finally be myself this way. I do anticipate a chop of the badly damaged red dry ends at some point along the way, but that would not be a habitual thing.

may1em
July 6th, 2009, 11:56 PM
I'm going for natural length. I still own a blow-dryer, but only use it (diffuser, only) in the winter when trying to avoid hair-sicles.

I colored with box dye and Kool-aid back when I was still an avowed shorthair, and if it was such a pain to keep up with chin-shoulder length, I certainly wouldn't want to go through that effort now that it's at waist. I might change my mind on the color when grays or whites start creeping in. I always thought it would be cool to have white hair that I could tint various colors. "Grandma, is it just me, or is your hair a very pale shade of lavender?"

I don't know if I'll end up with gray or white - it tends to be white on my mom's side and gray on my dad's. I'm hoping for white. If I get white, I might just leave it.

30isthenewblack
December 27th, 2009, 04:57 AM
Just wanted to check in with this post to say that I haven't dyed my hair for one and a half years. I'm just loving my natural colour and I can't wait until it grows all the way through. Thankfully, the dyed and natural colour blend in very well. How is everyone else going?

julliams
December 27th, 2009, 05:13 AM
I'm with you. I look around me in a crowd and most people have a colour other than their own. What if we all just embraced our hair as it is - I would find that so interesting. My theory is that people look best with their natural hair colour and texture but I think I'm one of the few.

Personally my hair looks so much better now that I have accepted that I have wavy hair that sometimes curls and sometimes sits straighter. It's kind of fun not knowing how it will look each day - annoying when you want it to look fabulous and it doesn't, but anyway....

Xandergrammy
December 27th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Just wanted to check in with this post to say that I haven't dyed my hair for one and a half years. I'm just loving my natural colour and I can't wait until it grows all the way through. Thankfully, the dyed and natural colour blend in very well. How is everyone else going?

Congratulations!!! I'm moving along well too. It's been 3-1/2 years for me and I'm very pleased with how my real hair and my dyed hair blend together.

Tangerine
December 27th, 2009, 07:21 AM
I've not seen this thread before - what a lovely one it is :)

I am in too: no dye (although I am growing out a few highlights dating back to 2007 when my longest layers were barely collarbone), no cuts/trims unless utterly necessary, no heat styling, no henna or indigo, minimal S&D. Letting my (very few..) silvers nurture and grow by themselves.

Over the last nine months I have been through several routines, including an all natural herbal one, but what I have settled for for the foreseeable future is a bit of a mix. Yes, my shampoo bars contain sulphates (it seems to make my scalp feel a bit calmer), but I use a minimal amount and use more conditioner. Apart from that I am very pleased with the effects of yangu oil and a lick of shea butter on my ends. In between washes I've found I hardly need any products (I don't mind my hair being a little frizzy as long as it is moisturised).

I mostly wear my hair up, and like the idea of certain degree of 'benign neglect'. Let my hair grow to its own beat and take me by surprise (so no measuring - every once in a while it just suddenly hits me that it feels longer than before :) ).

So yes, I love walking my version of the natural path.

:cheese:

30isthenewblack
December 27th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Congratulations!!! I'm moving along well too. It's been 3-1/2 years for me and I'm very pleased with how my real hair and my dyed hair blend together.

Thanks Xandergrammy and your hair looks great as per usual! I don't mind this two toned look but my dyed hair was only a few shades lighter than my natural colour :)

spidermom
December 27th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Me too, still just growing along. I don't have an all-natural routine by any stretch of the imagination, however. I buy whatever shampoo and conditioner appeals to me, and I even blow-dry every once in awhile (more often in the winter, almost never in the summer).

pepperminttea
December 27th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Count me in, too. :)

Longlocks3
December 27th, 2009, 10:00 AM
I didn't see this thread until now! I'm definitely in. It's easy to not have the urge to color or perm when you've never done it. I don't know what I'm missing I guess. :P

I momentarily toyed with the idea of a indigo/henna or indigo only dye but it isn't for me.

EdG
December 27th, 2009, 10:10 AM
I last responded to this thread 1.5 years ago. It's good to see the thread bumped up again.

I'll never do anything to my hair other than wash and untangle it. :)
Ed

Amara
December 27th, 2009, 10:53 AM
I'm still growing along, too. I've done a bigger trim or two (1-2") and a few smaller dustings, and an occasional dedicated S&D. I don't have a routine that I stick with, I do what seems to work at the time. I did shampoo bars for a while, but then they started making me hair feel tangly and not good. I switched to a shampoo that works for now. Avalon something, I think.

My last henna was early summer (?) 2007. Since then I've been growing my hair out dye free. I had hennaed the whole thing and henndigoed the underneath layer, so I have darker and redder length both that I'm getting rid of. My hair's natural color is a more golden brown, not really reddish at all, and a bit lighter than the dyed length.

I've gone back and forth about cutting off all the dye, and letting it grow, and trimming it. So far I've just done some sporadic trimming.

JaneinMarch
December 27th, 2009, 11:36 AM
I'm in; I recently realized my hair doesn't like to be coated with things like cassia. It's happiest when it's clean and oiled. I trim infrequently for knots, and the herbs/tea I use are really for the health of my scalp.

Ravenwaves 88
December 27th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I have really enjoyed the Henna these first two applications but with all the compliments about my virgin color.....I'm seriously thinking about letting it grow out again.

No more green gunk on my head....and stained fingers! I don't regret it as it has helped condition my ends that had been previously left over from being dyed.

I bet you won't really be able to tell the difference until the outdoor shots.

Quixii
December 27th, 2009, 12:51 PM
So far I am. :D I am planning to (and have in the past), though, dye parts of my hair with temporary (think Manic Panic and the like) dyes, because they're fun. And maybe at some point in my life I'll try out some more permanent kind dyes/henna, but for now, I do enjoy my natural colour, even if I like adding purple to it. :D

Kiraela
December 27th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Checking in again. It's been about 3 1/2 years since I last dyed, too. The bleached ends that were giving me problems are now about 90-95% gone, in one swift chop. Somewhere between 7-9" off, all at once... and my hair has never been happier!

I no longer use 'cones, either. They were necessary to glue the damaged ends together so they didn't break off like mad, but now... my hair freaks out if I put anything 'coney on it. I think it likes running around nekkid and natural. Oil infrequently, (need to do so more often!) and for the most part, just... let it be. I've come to accept that it will never be as curly or even wavy as I want, *sigh*, but it does hold braid waves well, so I guess that will do.

teela1978
December 27th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Mine is still just getting washed, conditioned, and occasionally oiled or trimmed. Leaving it alone seems to be working quite well. I'm not a huge fan of my silver sparklies that keep coming in heavier, but I prefer having them there to having to dye every couple months.

lillylonghair
December 27th, 2009, 01:39 PM
I really do love my henna but I think it may be time to go back to my roots. Especially as I am starting to see lots of gold and white hairs through my temples. Yes I know I am very young to be going white but my grandmother started going grey at 19!

paperwhite
December 27th, 2009, 01:48 PM
I'm in--just saw this thread, too. I haven't dyed my hair in over a year and couldn't be happier with how much stronger and shinier it's growing in, especially compared to the non-virgin length of my hair, which I'm trying to baby as much as I can. I know that I'll still need the occasional trim every six/eight months or so, it's just the nature of my hair, it's kind of fragile and breaks easily. There's really no way for me to avoid that. As far as dyes of any kind though, I'm out. I'm done. I had grown the entire length virgin about 5 years ago and then on a whim decided to let my best friend dye it back to red...what a giant mistake. She'd never dyed anyone's hair before and didn't tell me until after my hair ended up multi-colored :( No more dye for me.

Altocumulus
December 27th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Still here! I've been growing out the henna for two years now.

SheaLynne
December 27th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Whew...home at last! I'm in!

I spent 10 years coming to terms with not-permed hair (had no clue how to deal with my hair when it wasn't permed frizzy!), and now I'm going through the mental transition to accepting my grays...I did wash-out color for about 6 months last year, but that's the only color I've ever done. I had such shedding with the color that I'm happy to make the choice to keep my hair natural and accept my grays.

I don't know how long I'll go, but so far I love it the longer it gets. I am doing 1/4" trims monthly to ease the old heat-damaged and layered ends off, but other than that I love, love, love my routine of CO washing once a week, oiling, and leaving it alone.

I got my first *real* compliment a couple of days ago when I wore my hair completely down for the first time almost ever (I've always had such thick, come into my face hair, that I usually at least do a half up of some kind). My sil who also wears her hair long, but very bleached and "fixed" said she loved my hair and it looked really great!! HUGE compliment from her!!:cheese:

BonnyJ
December 27th, 2009, 07:14 PM
I'm in also. Nothing has touched my hair other than poo, condish and oil since July 1998.

Keildra
December 27th, 2009, 09:51 PM
I'm in I think I've been in since july

Stormcast
December 27th, 2009, 10:00 PM
spidermom, I love this idea. most teenagers would disagree...but I'm in!

Auntbeast
December 28th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Spidermom,

Count me in, if only because I want your hair! I see your pic all over this place and it darn near brings tears to my eyes it is so gorgeous.

But yeah, I'm as natural as can be. The last time I dyed my hair was to get it back closer to my natural color, so it could just grow out without being weird. I had originally dyed it for Halloween, it took me 2 years to get back to "normal." There is no line indicating where it was dyed and my copious amount of hair growth since then, so I guess I did a pretty good job of matching.

Interestingly, I always liked my hair although it has never conformed to the "norms." It is too fragile to perm, too varied in color to really need to dye it (except to match the most amazing halloween costume ever) or blow dry or anything else. I now have a daughter who I had hoped would get her fathers hair, who got mine. I now like my hair much, much better when I see it on her. Now if I could get her hair to stop being so knotty!

RoseRedDead
March 4th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Reviving this thread. :D

I want to join. I'm in for the long haul until I get to my goal (finger-tip length). After that, I've told myself I can do whatever the heck I want to it, if I want to.

So no colouring, no chops (small trims [.5 inches or less] and S&D allowed), no perming, no henna-ing, indigo-ing, or whatever, etc., etc.

Yay. :D

frodolaughs
March 4th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Thanks, RoseRedDead, for reviving this thread. I'm in. I have no desire to change my hair's natural color or texture through chemical or heat treatments, or henna, or indigo, or hendigo. I'm here to make the most of what I've got and to grow more of it.

mimi1153
March 4th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Count me in, I feel the same way. My hair has it's.... days; but I luv it and it's staying long and gray until they take me away. I have never colored or straightened, but when I was very young my mother had perms put in my hair because she didn't like it so straight (I'm talking 10 and under here folks!!). My pics look terrible.

Anyway, all natural now and TBL, hoping for classic, then on to at least mid thigh.... I hope!. :knit:

farewell_nancy
March 4th, 2010, 06:48 PM
It's been almost a year since I've dyed and I don't plan on ever doing it again. I always intended to quit once I started getting whites, it just started a bit sooner than expected :) My hair is healthier for it and gosh my early whites are sparkly.

BonnyJ
March 4th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Count me in too. I have virgin hair and will keep it that way.

adiapalic
March 4th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Count me in.. virgin hair--never dyed, permed, or bleached. Last "real" haircut was when I was 7 years old.

Next goal is classic... we'll just have to see how far I'll let it grow to after that :flower:

Arctic_Mama
March 4th, 2010, 11:59 PM
I am definitely in for the long count!

I am very much enjoying watching my natural color and texture bloom, and working with my hair instead of against it has made life quite a bit easier for me. I also, coincidentally, get more compliments than I ever did with $250 cut and color jobs!

Isa-belle
March 5th, 2010, 01:26 AM
I do henna, but I use it as a natural treatment, not a dye; my hair is dark enough that the colour change is not that significant, nor is it my main interest with henna; so to me, it is part of the process of caring for my hair naturally. I do plan on stopping henna altogether as soon as I can spot grey hairs, as I DO want to embrace my greys, whenever they come.

I've never coloured my hair with synthetic dyes, and there is no way I'll ever perm it again. I have come to accept and embrace my hair's texture.
The last chemical change I inflicted to my hair was 2.5 years ago. I make my own shampoo and conditioner to make sure I use products that are entirely natural. The only store-bought, non-natural product I do use, is a deep conditioning (no-cone) treatment once a week.

I hope I can be part of this despite my using henna as a conditioning treatment :)

Queen Olympias
March 5th, 2010, 05:41 AM
Count me in as well! I have never dyed, colored, used henna, etc., and do not plan to in the future as I continue the long hair journey. I cannot wait to see how my natural color and texture evolve as my length grows.

Xandergrammy
March 5th, 2010, 07:26 AM
I'm still here. Still growing out my natural colors and not trimming.

mimi1153 my grandmother permed my and my sister's hair when we were about 9 and 11. It was really smelly and ugly and I hated it. And come to think of it, I had a bald patch afterwards. I don't think it's every good to perm a child's hair. :sad

Carolyn
March 5th, 2010, 08:14 AM
my grandmother permed my and my sister's hair when we were about 9 and 11. It was really smelly and ugly and I hated it. And come to think of it, I had a bald patch afterwards. I don't think it's every good to perm a child's hair. :sad
My mom permed my hair before school in the fall and again right before Easter. I hated it with a passion. And she hated straight hair. I never understood why my hair couldn't be left alone.

Messyhair
March 5th, 2010, 09:43 AM
I'm in! Hubby loves my natural colour more than I do, but I dislike having to dye long hair, so either way it will stay natural. haha!

RoseRedDead
March 5th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Thankfully my parents have always been very much against me doing anything drastic to my hair, so it's never been dyed, permed, bleached, etc. I do remember Mom blowdrying my hair on Sunday mornings when I was little... Ow ow ow! So hot!

Otherwise, my hair is quite virginal. ;)

Chamy
March 8th, 2010, 05:16 AM
Im in! great idea spidermom :)

Gingevere
March 8th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Count me in. I have always loved my natural hair, but I've still tried to change it at certain points in my life. Several years after a bad perm, I'm all natural once more and never plan to go back there.

Lol... this sounds like a virginity pledge for hair!

metalgypsy85
March 8th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Count me in also! After all that I've done to my hair, I just want to see how it grows out for the next few years without messing around with heat and other unnatural things.

Simple
March 8th, 2010, 08:38 AM
I'm joining all of you! I never did anything to my hair, it is extra virgin! I am keeping it this way all the way!

oceanwoman111
March 9th, 2010, 06:40 PM
I'm so happy that you posted this!!! Im definitely in.
You are so inspiring. Your hair looks gorgeous!! I'm new to this. I just stopped coloring my hair with semi-perm color about 3 months ago. My mom made the suggestion and I'm at the point in my life where I realize that she is usually right, as much as I don't want to admit it. :wink: We made a pact - one year no color, no process. At first it was tough because I'm so used to it being really dark and rich. I have all kinds of highlights coming out now. I'm not used to it ,but I'm tired of forcing it to be something that it's not. I'm so excited to see how it will look in 6 months or a year!! It's like being reunited with a friend that you haven't seen in years. :smile:

My mom has decided to let her hair grow for a year. She has beautiful, thick dark waves ,but it hasn't been past her shoulders since high school. She never colored her hair so it will probably end up looking better than mine!!! :D

Thanks!!!

spidermom
March 9th, 2010, 06:50 PM
I don't know about this anymore. Violet or lavender color is calling my name.

mimi1153
March 9th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Xandergrammy, I agree - - it's more like punishment - I looked ridiculous... and then to take my picture??? No wonder my Daddy sometimes called me "fuzz-head". :shake:

MsBubbles
March 10th, 2010, 04:23 PM
I don't know about this anymore. Violet or lavender color is calling my name.

That sounds like a lot of fun!

I came to this thread to see pics of natural haired people to hopefully encourage myself to like my own natural color. I'm swinging wildly between loving it and despising it.

frodolaughs
March 11th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Spidermom, are you *quite* sure you don't have a natural lavender highlight buried somewhere in your hair? I'm thinking I can see it if I squint at your siggy.;)

Bellona
March 11th, 2010, 06:51 PM
I need to start loving my nautral hair, especially the texture and color. I always get sooo tempted to dye it super light blonde again (because it's easy, my natural color is medium blonde so I don't have to really work that hard to get it like that). Then I get sick of that and want chestnut brown (which looks quite good on me but is so hard to maintain). But I'm almost 7 months dye free at this point, so I'm trying to keep on going!

lillylonghair
March 27th, 2010, 12:54 PM
I finally used the last of my henna on my friend so no more temptation. I have about an inch or two of roots right now and I love them!!!!! I didn't realize I had so many blonde and white pieces. I'm sure I'll get frustrasted when half my head doesn't match the other half but I really want to grow out all of this old henna and color.

joiekimochi
March 28th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Count me in. I want to embrace my true hair. For years I've been lightening it to various shades of browns, from chestnut to milk-tea brown and it turned orange once due to too much dyeing, plus I've been resisting its 1a texture by perming and heat curling, backcombing and teasing the hell out of it to create huge poufy hairstyles....no more! My hair is beautiful as it is...straight, sleek, black as a raven and soft as a kitten's fur. I will only do one more process, which is to henndigo my current brown hair back to black.

curlylocks85
March 28th, 2010, 07:51 AM

I am! I have sworn off any chemical manipulation. I no longer get relaxers and I have never had a perm nor have I ever used bleach. I am young and do not have grays yet. I have no idea how I will feel once I do, but thus far, I am not doing anything to my hair except deep conditioning and hot oil treatments.

dropinthebucket
March 28th, 2010, 07:57 AM
I can't say my hair is "all natural" - i just did henna to fix overbleached highlights i got that broke off in chunks - the henna did work miracles! - but i just wanted to say spidermom, that you hair is fabulous! and that you are growing it still, and that it looks that great and is that long, is a real inspiration - i just turned 45, and just started growing my hair!

Liss
March 28th, 2010, 10:21 AM
I want to join. I think I have everything out of my system now, except for the idea of cutting some bangs, so maybe I'm a trial member for the moment.

I've finally rediscovered my natural colour and I like it. Attempts to lighten it natrually don't work, while chemical highlights have been too hit-and-miss for me to consider them anymore. I've gotten the curling bug out of my system with the realisation that it just doesn't curl.

So now I'm growing to my goal length with only maintenance trims from now onwards. Time to embrace my straight, light brown hair.

Ravenwaves 88
April 21st, 2010, 09:02 AM
I really want to continue with this. I haven't done henna since December. I've been doing other people's hair and have been tempted to do my own. I'm starting to view my natural hair as boring compared to the henna brilliance. I hope I can hold out. I'll keep checking in periodically because I need it!

LoveMyLongHair
April 21st, 2010, 09:15 AM
Count me in SpiderMom. I am growing it as long as I can, for as long as I can take care of it...and loving the journey I am on.

Let's grow ladies!

PrincessTieflin
April 21st, 2010, 02:08 PM
Count me in as well, I am currently growing out the last of my highlights. I have just a few more inches to go.

Im going until it will not grow anymore :D

I swore of chemicals in Jaunuary 2009 after my hair started breaking off.. and I am learning that I love my curls and the nice "Strawberry color it turns in the summer :cheese:

Spidermom you are my hair Idol! Such an inspiration :D

Lielananna
April 21st, 2010, 05:07 PM
I'm with you too, I've always loved that my hair can change dominant color just by the day and the lighting. Some days I have more auburn hair, others its more of a brown, but every day is a surprise :). I wouldn't trade my natural highlights for salon color any day of the week.

gink001
April 21st, 2010, 06:07 PM
I'm in! Never dyed, had a disastrous perm in my teens, but haven't had long hair in quite a while, since my (ex) hairdresser convinced me to chop it off (after 3 or so years of monthly trims/nagging)...I need to find a hairstylist who likes long hair! I miss my long hair, it feels right to me and I love the way it looks, and I'm quite interested to see how the colour changes as I age!

spidermom
October 20th, 2011, 07:01 AM
Good morning, old thread!

ladyfey
October 20th, 2011, 07:54 AM
I'm with you!

Zesty
October 20th, 2011, 08:01 AM
I'm here. I have very little interest in changing the way my hair naturally is. Dyes, perms, straightening, etc. are all way too much work and damage for me. For me, being natural is part of what growing long hair is all about.

RedDevil
October 20th, 2011, 08:06 AM
I'm in! I've never dyed my hair and I'm not about to start. I have given up the harsh styling routine as soon as I joined LHC.

luluj
October 20th, 2011, 08:07 AM

ME! I was a slave to color for too many years, and the damage that came with it. The dye is long gone, the pixie has grown to past APL and I am so going to keep walking this path!;)

CavySong
October 20th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Used a temporary auburn rinse 7+ years ago, haven't had a perm since 6th grade. haven't had less than APL in 10 years. I love my hair just the way it is, sparkles and all. So count me in.

celebriangel
October 20th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Finally, finally, I'm in.

I owe a huge, huge thank you to LHC for helping me to accept, and even love, what nature gave me.

charchar1711
October 20th, 2011, 08:12 AM
oh i wish i could join you! i started dying my hair when I was 15, now I'm 20 in a few days and i just want my natural colour back!

luluj
October 20th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Good morning, old thread!

This thread was started before I joined TLHC, I am very happy to have noticed it this morning! There is nothing better than natural, healthy hair! :crush:

CurlyMopTop
October 20th, 2011, 09:02 AM
I'm in. I don't know if I'll let my hair grow as long as it wants to, but definately at least tailbone length! :D

pepperminttea
October 20th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Braidwaves don't count as changing my texture, right? (Even if I have them more often than not?)

spidermom
October 20th, 2011, 09:12 AM
No, braid-waves don't count, bun curls don't count, roller-sets don't count. They're temporary changes, not like getting a perm that can only be grown out and cut off if you want to be rid of it.

I've decided that the temporary fantasy colors (like Manic Panic) don't count either, although to someone else they might.

MasCat
October 20th, 2011, 09:24 AM
I'm joining in :)

einna
October 20th, 2011, 09:28 AM
I`m in too. It has been between 2,5-3 years since I last dyed my hair. Just a few inches short of all virgin at APL. Well the colour is all faded out, just the damage left ;). I love my natural haircolour! I am blondette with a warm tint and natural highlights.
I have rarely heat styled either, exept a flirt with flat irons back in my late teens. Hairdriers make my hair big and dry, and flatirons just ruin it.

gthlvrmx
October 22nd, 2011, 06:23 PM
Me too! Im in, as natural as can be!

WaterMusic
October 22nd, 2011, 07:52 PM
I'm in too!

blondie9912
October 23rd, 2011, 09:38 AM
Ouu I'd love to join, but I'm still growing out colour :(

Lostsoule77
October 23rd, 2011, 09:44 AM
I'm in even though I still have Semi-permanant black in some spots. I've gotten a perm once in my life and highlights once. Otherwise I've always used temporary dye, at most once a year. I love the natural highlights and variations you get with natural color. Dyes just look so bland because they lack it. IDK

indiana
October 23rd, 2011, 09:57 AM
I'm in! No colors, no chemicals. Virgin hair with all the silver that want to grow! I've come to accept my hair as-is!

CitznMag
October 23rd, 2011, 10:05 AM
I'm in. Enjoying the journey, the good the bad and looking forward to the lovely silvers (wish I had more!).

sugar&nutmeg
October 23rd, 2011, 11:41 AM
Count me in.

Aside from a terrible poodle perm (not my idea) in 7th grade, and a summer experimentation with Sun-In at about age 15, (both back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth) I haven't messed with my hair color/texture. Just not interested.

My challenge will be staying in love with my hair as it gets longer and longer. I'm notorious for chopping and regretting. But I'm reaching 'old lady' status now, and refuse to join the clones and get 'the haircut'.

Chamy
October 23rd, 2011, 11:55 AM
I'm in aswell. I'm not planning on getting rid of it ever. And i want it as natural as can be. So no dyes or perms or heatstyling or anything. I'm completely with you!

skyblue
October 23rd, 2011, 12:15 PM
Wow how did I miss this thread!!
I'm in!!
I permed once in my life and that was 20 yrs ago!
The last time I had dye in my hair was 5 or 6 yrs ago and I have no plans on doing it again, my sis talked me into it because she didn't like my grays lol But I think they look cool!! I have gray streaks, they don't show in the pics because they are mostly at my temples, front and some on top ;)
woop!!! Natural all the way!!
All natural all the way

Niphredil
October 23rd, 2011, 01:31 PM
I'd love to join! I have never permed or had my hair colored in a salon. I'm still growing out henna (and not for the first time) though because in the end, I like my natural hair (color AND texture) although I need to be reminded of that sometimes when I get the urge to change something about myself.

Maybe I should buy myself some new accessories next time I want to do something drastic & permanent to my hair :D

LittleOrca
October 23rd, 2011, 05:39 PM
I am working towards this... just have some more dye to grow out.

Orangerthanred
October 23rd, 2011, 05:41 PM
I'll join this when my relaxer has grown out. At least I don't dye my hair- I tried once, but it didn't even work... Red pigment is hardest to remove, hmm?

aspartame gram
October 23rd, 2011, 05:59 PM
Count me in! I'm growing out some hair dye that, luckily, blends in with my natural. I'm here for healthy, long hair. ^_^

redwoman
October 23rd, 2011, 06:09 PM
Count me in. No dyes, perms etc... for me. It will be what it will be. Including grey. I will have the longest silver braid in town I'm sure.

Cowgirl16
October 23rd, 2011, 06:17 PM
Count me in! My last perm was 1995, and I did it to straighten my hair from a previous perm that was almost grown out. I last highlighted my hair about 5 years ago, I think it's all gone, I've never colored my hair otherwise. I have alot of grey coming in this last 6 months, I am curious how it will look and welcome the change :D

CherrySilver
October 24th, 2011, 12:59 PM
All-natural redhead here -- no henna, dyes, etc. Never messed with perms or chemical treatments. Not planning on any major chops either. When my greys/whites start showing up (believe me, I can wait), I don't plan on covering them!