PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!

Katrina
May 21st, 2008, 06:01 PM
Hi everyone! I finally decided to join after reading this fascinating website for a couple of days. My name is Katrina and I’m 31 years old, currently unemployd college graduate. I come from northern Europe, Finland. It’s late spring right now but not warm yet.

I prefer my hair long and will probably have it so. It is easiest to handle when not too short. My every single hair is quite thin but still coarse. Olive oil helps a lot. I had very short hair ten years ago, though. It’s slightly curly and 29,2” (between bralength and waist). My goal is between waist and tailbone… or tailbone if I’m really lucky.

It was great to find Feye’s self-trim instructions for long hair because I’ve had some terrible haircuts at salons. That tragedy needs not happen ever again :D. The last time I visited a salon there was a girl who did exactly what I asked her not to. She cut layers! As a result of that incident (in December 2007) I still have layers that are 6-7 inches (15-18 cm) shorter than the rest of my hair. Yaiks! So, I cannot grow length for the whole next year because the layers need to grow out first. I’m just trimming regularly everything that grows. Fortunately the girl didn’t use a razor but scissors… Well, the journey will continue anyway ;)

My natural hair color is darkish ashblonde, but I have dyed it for years myself and it is currently dark brown, almost black. The natural color tends to get some reddish glow which I really hate because it makes me look tired and my skin look more unclean than it is. I once took a color analysis and they told me that my color type is Winter. So dark brown really looks way better than my natural haircolor.

See you around :)

<She>
May 22nd, 2008, 05:10 AM
Hi, welcome to the boards! I wish you good luck with your hair!:)

Amara
May 24th, 2008, 02:35 AM
I'm glad you found Feye's method! I too have much more success doing my own trims exactly when I want, how I want, and for free! Good luck on your journey to tailbone!