PDA

View Full Version : Private Blogs?

Pegasus Marsters
March 11th, 2008, 02:52 PM
I was thinking of starting a new blog on here but i don't like the fact the whole 100 posts and 60 days thing isn't in effect for them anymore. Any chance of us getting that back?

Jennifer
March 11th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I was thinking of starting a new blog on here but i don't like the fact the whole 100 posts and 60 days thing isn't in effect for them anymore. Any chance of us getting that back?

This format currently only allows two settings for our blogs. So we've made the decision to have the public blogs be set only for LHC members with 25+ posts and the private blogs to be set as secure as the user wants them to be.

Private can be totally private for your eyes only, close LHC friends, anyone on LHC that you want to allow access (by setting them as friends/contacts) or anywhere in between. This way privacy is up to the individual member.

It's the best compromise we can come up with at this point. :)

PatGear
March 11th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Hi Jennifer, while you're at it, I have another, related question.

Someone mentioned that TBB blog allows setting specific blog entries only to private (while the rest of the blog remain public). That sounds like a really great feature that I personally would love! Are there any plans to implement this feature here in the future? Or is it not even an option?

Jennifer
March 11th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Hi Jennifer, while you're at it, I have another, related question.

Someone mentioned that TBB blog allows setting specific blog entries only to private (while the rest of the blog remain public). That sounds like a really great feature that I personally would love! Are there any plans to implement this feature here in the future? Or is it not even an option?

ASFAIK, this is not an option with the blog software on this board, unfortunately.

PatGear
March 11th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Aw bummer! Thanks, Jennifer. Back to the old plan then!

Pegasus Marsters
March 11th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Thanks Jennifer. That's good to know.