PDA

View Full Version : Come on out... if you're in there! (Curls?)

terryn
September 4th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Hello LHC --

As my hair is getting longer, it is beginning to form small spiral curls in the front on the part that goes over my ears. My hair has never been curly, and I've never seen it do anything like this before.

They are just loose spirals, but definitely spirals, which makes me wonder (read: hope) that there are some curls hiding in there waiting for me to do something right to come out.

I have been conditioning regularly, with a few SMTs here and there, oiling the ends after my shower, and plopping. Nothing has made a difference. I don't think my hair needs protein, but the conditioner I am using has some in it, so if it needs it it is getting it on a regular basis.

I am wondering if there is anything I can do to coax out the curl? Or do I just need to wait and see what happens when it gets longer?

Thanks everyone!

1nuitblanche
September 4th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Hey! I get these too!! Do you tuck your hair behind your ears? I seem to attribute mine to that, although, I also get spirals behind my ears near my nape. So, you might have hair that's a little wurlier than you thought.

ninelifewriter5
September 4th, 2010, 08:23 PM
I get that too. My hair is wavy, though. I've always had little curls near my ears and at the nape of my neck. I too hope that means the rest of my hair is curly, but I don't think it is. I hope it is for you, though!

triumphator!
September 4th, 2010, 09:13 PM
I have curls in front of my ears! Theyre tight spirals, too. My mom calls them my "Jew Curls" after the way Hasidic Jews have peyos. I love them, I think they make me special :)

torrilin
September 5th, 2010, 05:21 AM
As my hair is getting longer, it is beginning to form small spiral curls in the front on the part that goes over my ears. My hair has never been curly, and I've never seen it do anything like this before.

They are just loose spirals, but definitely spirals, which makes me wonder (read: hope) that there are some curls hiding in there waiting for me to do something right to come out.

I have a lock or three along my hairline that likes to do that. As near as I can tell, on my hair, it doesn't mean I have latent curl. It means the hair that's curling is damaged. If I have breakage, the remaining hair often looks wavy or curly... it's really depressing.

I figure it can't hurt to try to be gentler with my hair. If it turns out that after 2-3 years of gentle I have more curls well... my mom and I can laugh about it :).