PDA

View Full Version : deformed curls

growingmyhair
September 4th, 2010, 05:55 AM
from braiding my hair to bed my curls lost their form - now they look creepy even after I washed them and air dried and did nothing to them:
http://youhavebeenchosen.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/dscn4072_1.jpghttp://youhavebeenchosen.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/dscn4075_1.jpg
did anyone had experience like this? will they restore after a couple of washes?..

Tennessee Rose
September 4th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Sure they will I have experienced this hundreds of times. My curls doesn't look the same from one day to the other. It deppends a lot on the way I wash them, how I mosturize them and even the air that sorrounds me. Don't forget hair is flexible.

growingmyhair
September 4th, 2010, 06:39 AM
thank god. because they sure are real ugly this way. I guess I should stop braiding them now

squiggyflop
September 4th, 2010, 07:08 AM
try brushing them out before you wash them again

TiaKitty
September 4th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Mine do it too... don't pull them so straight when you braid. But your braid will look shorter and fatter.

Siava
September 4th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Sure they will I have experienced this hundreds of times. My curls doesn't look the same from one day to the other. It deppends a lot on the way I wash them, how I mosturize them and even the air that sorrounds me. Don't forget hair is flexible.

This exactly. Some days my curls are quite wonky depending on the hairstyle beforehand. Some days they're glorious.

You don't have to stop braiding them. Sometimes my curls do just what yours did after a braided 'do. Sometimes they don't. It's quite unpredictable depending on the humidity in the air, if oiling was involved, etc. One blessing of long hair is you can put it up in a bun or braid it again to hide the occasional crazies. :)

growingmyhair
September 4th, 2010, 11:22 AM
You don't have to stop braiding them. Sometimes my curls do just what yours did after a braided 'do. Sometimes they don't.
mine are like this all the time lately. the only reason I can think of is braiding because nothing else actually changed

One blessing of long hair is you can put it up in a bun or braid it again to hide the occasional crazies.
yeah, sure:))))) that's what I do these days. but I would want to wear them down more...

FrizzFighter
September 4th, 2010, 11:41 AM
That happens to me when I braid wet or damp hair. This is what helps me. After taking the braids out and gently detangling with my fingers, I apply a thick conditioner to the length and then twist sections into ropes and leave the ropes hanging before washing. I tend to leave it like that for a while before taking my shower, so it also serves to deep condition. Then my hair relaxes back to regular wave/curl.

misstwist
September 4th, 2010, 07:31 PM
You can use a rope braid rather than a three strand braid. That works better with my waves.

spidermom
September 5th, 2010, 09:16 AM
I think it will help if you give your hair a moisture treatment.