PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else..

McFearless
September 3rd, 2010, 05:35 PM
hang upside down for more blood circulation?:p

FrizzFighter
September 3rd, 2010, 06:08 PM
Do you mean on an inversion table? Do you hang inverted? I see inversion tables for sale at Costco sometimes. I tried it once at a pilates studio (they had an inversion table in their stretching room). I liked it. I would love to know if anyone here does this and if they feel a benefit from the inversion. I've heard it's great for general rejuvination, and helps back pain due to temporary decompression of the spine. Hmm, and maybe the rush of blood is good for the scalp, too??

ruffian
September 3rd, 2010, 07:36 PM
I do. I've been doing it for years. I don't have an inversion table, I bought a pair of "Spider" boots by Teeter (the company that makes a lot of inversion tables) and I hang from a heavy-duty chin-up bar in my excercise room. I've said it a million times - I don't care if people think I'm crazy, it helps. Period.
I hang upside down for about 5 minutes at a time, two or three times a day if I'm able. The only time I don't is when it's my "time of the month".
When I do it more often, I notice my circulation improves, I have more energy, less back pain and just generally feel better. When I slack off I notice that I feel just a bit crappier than usual.
I've often wondered if it helped circulation to my scalp, as my hair does seem to become a little more "invigorated" after I've been upside down, but I'm not really convinced it has that big of an effect, hair-wise. I just figured if the circulation is better in the rest of my body, it must be getting to my scalp as well.
So maybe it's not a magic trick for improving scalp health, but for everyday aches and pains, and improving general health, I swear by it. :cool:

sarah061
September 3rd, 2010, 07:46 PM
I don't but I probably will now, haha. Interesting...

embee
September 3rd, 2010, 07:50 PM
I would if I could figure out how. I know it would help with back issues.

RitaPG
September 3rd, 2010, 07:59 PM
Can't, gives me severe headaches after 1 minute, not to mention I get dizzy lol

motormuffin
September 3rd, 2010, 11:42 PM
My husband swears by his inversion table to help with his back. It's upstairs in my sewing room aka 'The Bat Cave'.