PDA

View Full Version : Oil blends and a huge rave

JenniferNoel
September 2nd, 2010, 11:44 PM
Hello all! :)

I thought I'd give another update. As a lot of you may or may not remember, I was suffering from several nasty sheds and layers forcing me to cut from BSL to shoulder twice during my LHC membership, which has been very discouraging to me.
I thought there was no hope after trying hot oil massages, stress relief meditation, different cleansing methods including WO, S&C, CWC, CWCC, basically the works except the no poo method, until I discovered the one thing that is saving my hair other than henna.

Oil blends.
I massage this stuff in to my hair every day and also use it to slick back my bangs and everything else in to my go-to bun, and not only does it clean up and smooth down my up-dos, but it smells great and makes my scalp feel incredible.
A lot of people don't like waxy stuff in their hair but since I wear sleep caps and my hair up every day, it's not a problem. I wash every three days, and the afternoon before a wash, I massage a different blend and my hair ends up feeling fantastic. I feel funny naming products on the board so PM me if anyone wants to know what I'm using and any other details.

Another story to tell is I'm recovering just fine from the big scary chop that sent me in to trauma the other month, my hair feels and looks much better and the outlook on finally reaching my goal length seems much brighter.
For practicality reasons I've decided to stick with the henna only as far as color goes, the indigo faded enough as stated in my previous less-than-popular thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=54694) and I have two inches of outgrow, also bringing me right back to can-I-call-this-APL.

I don't plan on cutting out the darker parts of my hair, they're not that bad. Not to mention I swear those oils are boosting my growth rate. :eyebrows:

C_Bookworm
September 3rd, 2010, 12:39 AM
I'm glad to hear that you are finding something that works well for you. Took a look at the other thread, that henna shine is absolutely gorgeous. Happy growing!

MayaBlue
September 3rd, 2010, 01:05 AM
Congrats on finding something that works!
Curious though, do you think the action of massaging the oils in or the actual oils themselves are what's helping with growth?

Roseate
September 3rd, 2010, 01:22 AM
..forcing me to cut from BSL to shoulder twice during my LHC membership...

Not to mention I swear those oils are boosting my growth rate. :eyebrows:

Well, hey, if you've already gone from shoulder to BSL twice in less than a year, you should be at your goal length in no time, especially if you're seeing even better growth now!

Enjoy the oils, they really are great once you find the right ones for your particular head; sounds like you've got that sorted already!

JenniferNoel
September 3rd, 2010, 02:23 PM
Congrats on finding something that works!
Curious though, do you think the action of massaging the oils in or the actual oils themselves are what's helping with growth?

Sorry to bring back my already necro-thread but I could swear that massage alone helped with hair growth. I know there's a lot of controversy over it but the scalp stimulation really seemed to help. That was in October when I joined here.
Now with the oils I feel like I'm experiencing that boosted growth twice as strongly. I'm sure it's not a placebo effect because my outgrow cannot tell a lie (heh), but one way or another everything seems sooo much better with the oils.
I massage my scalp once in the morning and once in the evening now, and in the evening I hang upside down for about thirty seconds during the first part of the massage and then thoroughly massage for another three to five minutes. It feels great and helps me sleep!

Roseate, thanks for the motivation. Haha. I definitely think you're right, as long as I can keep this awesome growth rate up. I'll keep everyone posted and see if I can set a world record. :cheese:
(keep in mind folks, it's by no means a race. I enjoy my hair at every length!)