PDA

View Full Version : Pause in hair growth

Red Jezebel
May 21st, 2008, 02:29 PM
My hair hasn't really grown since around Dec/Jan - it's been stuck at about 37" and not budged at all. This has never happened to me before - I've always had a consistent 0.5" a month growth since I joined LHC in 2004 and started keeping track of growth. This is terribly frustrating as I'm only a 4 or so inches away from classic. I assumed I'd be there by December and on my way to thigh, but it's looking less and less likely that I'll even be at classic.

Has anyone else had a pause in their growth and for how long?

I know there's nothing I can do to kick start it, but I'd just like to know how long to expect this stagnation to last.

PS: I am NOT entertaining the thought that I am at terminal :eek: ... well, at least not for a few more months!

lora410
May 21st, 2008, 02:31 PM
yup, 7 months here. This is normal for me though. frustrating isn't it?

Elainehali
May 21st, 2008, 10:43 PM
I've been in a mini stall for about 4 months. It's done this before though.

Last time it stalled at hip (my pic to the left)
Which was when I cut it.

This time I'm waiting it out :D

I really have no idea how long individual stalls last for me it seems to be 6 months at a time.

Rebelkat
May 21st, 2008, 10:48 PM
I think that stalling is pretty normal, at least from what I've read here. As for whether I've had stalls, I'm not really sure because I only started measuring recently. As long as it doesn't stay stalled for over a year, I wouldn't begin to think in terms of terminal. The only way to tell is to wait it out, though.

Gothic Lolita
May 22nd, 2008, 03:20 AM
I don't think that you could be at terminal. Not if you've only stalled since January. Many here say that one couldonly assume to be at terminal when there's been no knew growth for over a year.

Before I was "knowlingly" growing my hair out, my rate slowed down and I decided to trim my ends. In two weeks I had my length back and after this, my rate went back to normal.
But i don't want to talk you into cutting, I'm no fan of it.