PDA

View Full Version : I cut new bangs/fringe!

LouLaLa
September 2nd, 2010, 02:44 PM
Hi guys!

I was getting a little bored with my hair and about a month a go I really wanted bangs. but like a good little LHC'er I waited and really thought about it before cutting them and crying with regret :p

Anyway here are the results http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx289/LouLaLa_2010/WebCam_20100902_2128.jpg

I know they are a little bit long, but I wanted to kee them like that because
1) I like a peekaboo fringe
2) I can always ammend but I cant glue it back on :p
3) It has a more 60s look
4) I can still move it to the side for side bangs when I feel like it
5) I have a giant forehead so the less we see of that the better ;)
6) Its just long enough to pin back if for some reason I fancied scaring children with my giant forehead.

It looked better this morning and it had more bounce but as you can see im in my cupcake jimmy jams about to watch some bad tv and chill out so its a bit of a mess :p

I cut it in a reverse U shape keeping it very soft to blend in with my layers, it ends with some chin length bangs so I can do cute 60s updos and hopefully it will grow out nicely. I even got some bonus soft waves at the bottom from having it up in a sock bun all day!

I couldnt resist sharing with everyone as im a sucker for a picture post and there have been so many great ones lately that I wanted to give something back :) Sorry the picture quality is awful the light in my room does not like my webcam and I am a lazy creature ;)

PrincessBob
September 2nd, 2010, 02:48 PM
I love your peekaboo fringe! Good on you for the patience and consideration. I think you look super cute that way.

Luna Lavender
September 2nd, 2010, 02:56 PM
That looks so cute on you! I'm still debating with myself if I should keep my bangs or grow them out. :P

breezefaerie
September 2nd, 2010, 02:57 PM
They are so cute!

coscass
September 2nd, 2010, 02:59 PM
I love it! It looks really cute!

swanns
September 2nd, 2010, 03:00 PM
As someone who just had a fringe cut herself - I say yay! Looks great on you, I love the blunt thick bangs look :) Also good for you that you had the patience to wait and consider, it took me two years to finally get the courage ;)

Lemur_Catta
September 2nd, 2010, 03:01 PM
They are so cute! Once I wanted bangs like this, but the hairdresser messed up and I ended up with short, wispy bangs! It looked like I had set my hair on fire in that place :(
You did a great job :D

LouLaLa
September 2nd, 2010, 03:34 PM
Princess Bob (I love your avatar, very cool hair, I dont know where you put it all :p !), Luna Lavender (I cant wait to see if you crack and cut too ;) ), Breezefaerie(awesome avatar- I have that pic in my room!) , Coscass (Ok your avatar has given me braid envy!) , thankyou you so much :flower:

Swanns I saw your pic post and loved it, I think that was something during my month "cool off" period that made me want bangs even more :p I was worried as my hair got longer id regret it, but yours looked so good I thought, yes its for me! Enabler!

Lemur Catta Im sorry that happened to you! I dont go to hairdressers much these days as they never seem to listen to me. Once yours grow out enough to give it another go I can tell you exactly how I did it if you like? It wasnt as hard as it looks, its mainly just about getting a triangular part the cutting is pretty easy, just pull it to a point so its on your nose and snip, then a bit of point cutting so its not to basin head.

lilalong
September 2nd, 2010, 03:38 PM
Wow. They look incredibly cute.

alwayssmiling
September 2nd, 2010, 03:39 PM
Wow! Someone else that has a full fringe. Looks great!

christine1989
September 2nd, 2010, 03:55 PM
Very cute! Bangs definatly work on you!

spidermom
September 2nd, 2010, 04:11 PM
It looks like you did a good job with what can be a very difficult fringe to cut. Way to go!

Henrietta
September 2nd, 2010, 04:23 PM
I love it! It looks so, so, so perfet on your hair! I am envious;)

You are brave and talented:) In my opinion cutting hair requires a talent.

TrudieCat
September 2nd, 2010, 04:37 PM
Ooo, it looks super cute! Great job! :)

Juneii
September 2nd, 2010, 05:10 PM
Very cute! I love bangs :) glad to see someone else rocking the full blunt bangs look as well.

Centaur
September 2nd, 2010, 07:24 PM
I think you did a good job, and it looks good on you. :thumbsup:

Chiara
September 2nd, 2010, 08:20 PM
Welcome to fringe world :)! I am so impressed that you cut them like that, it looks great.

LouLaLa
September 3rd, 2010, 06:51 AM
:flowers: Aww thankyou everyone for the lovely comments :)

There was a moment when I did the initial cut where I thought, oh dear this is an error, but theyre holding up pretty well although they were bouncing about at the gym (must pin back next time). Theyre pretty dramatic but im glad I did it, I just needed to mix it up a bit :p

Maddy25
September 3rd, 2010, 07:19 AM
It looks very cute! I love bangs! Very Zooey Deschanel ;)

DarkChocolate
September 3rd, 2010, 07:40 AM
I love the peekaboo fringe:) It is cute on you:)

ButterCup02
September 3rd, 2010, 08:37 AM
Cute! Looks great on you :)

LouLaLa
September 3rd, 2010, 08:46 AM
It looks very cute! I love bangs! Very Zooey Deschanel ;)

Hehe it was her picture I used on one of those virtual makeover tools to see if the hair would suit me. You dont know how happy you've made me there :p

I think its tazz.com if anyone wants to give it a go. Its very fun and helps you see what works and dosent, but addictive :P

faeflame
September 7th, 2010, 01:32 AM
Ooooohh, those look so cute on you!!
How did you section and cut them? They look awesome!

LouLaLa
September 7th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Ooooohh, those look so cute on you!!
How did you section and cut them? They look awesome!

I just parted my hair down the middle and then into quarters so it was like a + on the top of my head (closer to my forehead rather than central).

Then I put the back sections behind my ears.

Then I made a ^ shape with the front of my hair (ie the fringe/bang) and carefully tied the rest into a pony tail.

After that and youve made a triangle fringe (I looked in a mirror to check I had a pefect triangle, its work taking time to try get it as straight as possible) I pulled it all to the tip of my nose.

Then I just snipped :) If you do it right then it will produce a soft reverse U shape. After that you just need to trim a little, but really if you got the triangle right and pulled it to your nose and cut across straight (with very sharp scissors) itll come out like magic :)

I wish Id just recorded it now :p Not that I think im much good at hair but it may have been better than my explanation ;)

I hope that helps!

tinti
September 7th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Congrats! I think they're really cute and bangs suit you very well.

Gypsygirl
September 7th, 2010, 10:01 AM
I used to wear heavy bangs like yours in the 90s. Looking at your picture makes me want to get them back! I love them on you! :)

LouLaLa
September 7th, 2010, 11:21 AM
I used to wear heavy bangs like yours in the 90s. Looking at your picture makes me want to get them back! I love them on you! :)

Thankyou :D

Thanks to everyone who has been so nice! You always worry when you go for something so bold that you have the nerve to carry it off, im usually very "play it safe" so it means alot that everyone has been so nice :)

On a side note I sent by dbf the pic on skype and he said I looked like the girl from The Ring :p He meant the way I was looking through my hair, but boy was I angry at the time :p
Boys are silly sometimes (except LHC guys, who get the hair thing)! Anyway I thought that was quite funny ;)

Ill have to think of a good idea to pay him back- Ideas welcome! hehe.

Capybara
September 7th, 2010, 11:27 AM
No ideas on how to get back at your DBF (yet ... :eyebrows:) but I just wanted to say that your new bangs look great! I thought Zooey Deschanel as well :)

It also reminds me of Loepsie's bangs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxb-g3lrhzE).

faeflame
September 7th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Great instructions LouLaLa!!!

Arielle8960
September 7th, 2010, 06:24 PM
I think they look great! Now I want bangs again...

minerva_deluthe
September 7th, 2010, 08:12 PM
They look wonderful!

arwenevenstar37
September 8th, 2010, 02:40 PM
They look adorable on you!!! :)

KittyLost
September 9th, 2010, 03:44 AM
They look really cute! I love peekab0o bangs :)