PDA

View Full Version : What Ever Happened To The Hair Cutting Clamp?

Spring
September 2nd, 2010, 01:30 PM
Does anyone remember a new device that just recently came out maybe a year ago, that would allow you to trim your hair in a U shape by using a plastic clamp? I don't see the commercials for that anymore, and when I googled it, nothing came up for it except sites for patents :confused:. Does anyone have any information on what happened to this self trimming tool? Thanks

Anje
September 2nd, 2010, 02:21 PM
Haha! I found it!

http://www.creaclip.com/

And here's the thread. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17434)

Jean Stuart
September 2nd, 2010, 02:25 PM
even with that I would still mess my hair up

spidermom
September 2nd, 2010, 02:43 PM
Makes me think about when my mom used to tape my bangs down and cut straight across below the tape. When she removed the tape, my bangs would sproing up and look hideous.

LouLaLa
September 2nd, 2010, 02:46 PM
Does anyone remember a new device that just recently came out maybe a year ago, that would allow you to trim your hair in a U shape by using a plastic clamp? I don't see the commercials for that anymore, and when I googled it, nothing came up for it except sites for patents :confused:. Does anyone have any information on what happened to this self trimming tool? Thanks

I just cut my bangs in soft a U shape without a device. I posted a thread on it just now.

I just sectioned it, pulled it to a taper and them cut, finishing off with a little bit of point cutting so I didnt get a basin head :)

Drarra
September 2nd, 2010, 03:13 PM
Makes me think about when my mom used to tape my bangs down and cut straight across below the tape. When she removed the tape, my bangs would sproing up and look hideous.

I am so glad my mom never thought of that... otherwise she would have tried it.

Bene
September 2nd, 2010, 03:13 PM
I have a creaclip for DIY layers. I probably should have paid more attention to the instructions, but I was so excited to give myself layers (and mildly inebriated) that I halfass skimmed them :rolleyes: Ideally, I wanted long layers. I don't even know what I have now. :mad:

I don't want to give it a bad review because it was my own carelessness, but my ends aren't looking so hot.

Tips for anyone interested:

- If you're a curly or even a wavy, don't pick a humid day when your hair is all frizzy. If you're not a stickler about heat damage, blowdrying/flatironing your hair straight would be really really useful.

- If you have thick hair, or even moderately thick hair, cut in sections. I stuck ALL of my hair in it, so parts were in clumps. My hair isn't even that thick, but the creaclip really is designed for people with thinner hair. It works best if the hair is spread out evenly along the clip.

- Make sure you're sober. :o

- Cut just a little bit, because even with the creaclip, you're gonna second guess yourself and end up cutting more than you intend, so give yourself some breathing room.

- If your hair is about waist length or longer (and you have short arms), this gets tricky because you have to bring your ends closer to you after you have the clip on.

This thing came with the smaller one, designed for bangs, but since I don't want bangs, I haven't tried it yet, so can't give an opinion on it.

christine1989
September 2nd, 2010, 03:37 PM
I saw one like that at the made for TV store in the mall close to my house. I didn't take a good look at it though since I was on the search for one of those thingies that chops garlic.

Spring
September 2nd, 2010, 03:48 PM
Bene,
my hair is between average and thick, so hopefully this will still be ok. I have always used my hands in a similar technique to Feye's, but without the scrunnci, and this time I pulled my hair a little too far to the side and my hand was slightly angled upward and I ended up with a tapered layered lopsided trim.... yuck .... If I can buy one of these, I want to give it a try. Thanks for the tips :)!

ETA- I think my hair is more average thickness, so I'm praying this will work out

Spring
September 2nd, 2010, 03:56 PM
Haha! I found it!

http://www.creaclip.com/

And here's the thread. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17434)

Thanks so much Anje :flower:

even with that I would still mess my hair up

I'm willing to try anything after the last trim I gave myself in July :rollin:

Your mom's creative :D!! I couldn't find this trimming device earlier, so I was thinking of how I could make one of these... I didn't think of the tape though :laugh:

I just cut my bangs in soft a U shape without a device. I posted a thread on it just now.

I just sectioned it, pulled it to a taper and them cut, finishing off with a little bit of point cutting so I didnt get a basin head :)

I'm going to have to look at your thread... thanks so much :)

I saw one like that at the made for TV store in the mall close to my house. I didn't take a good look at it though since I was on the search for one of those thingies that chops garlic.

Oh goodness, is that the one where the guy who sells that one also sells that shammie towel thing. I'll have to have my husband look out for the creaclip then because he's in those stores all the time... thanks guys