PDA

View Full Version : hair growing in blonder

AngelinIvy
September 2nd, 2010, 12:20 AM
Has anyone experienced this. The first 2 inches of my hair is growing in about 2 or 3 shades blonder than the rest of my dirty blonde hair. Now it is a true blonde
color. I changed my diet to mostly raw about 3 months ago, that is the only explaination i can come up with for why it is turning blonder. Even in the layers
underneath it is growing in blonder. Actually it is more noticable there because the hair on top is being bleached by the sun a little from summer, but still the
2 inches at the roots is blonder than the sun bleached part of my hair. This has never happened to me before, not in previous summers. I'm thinking it must be the
raw food diet. Anyone else experience this?

GoddesJourney
September 2nd, 2010, 12:46 AM
Is it also thinner or just blonder?

AngelinIvy
September 2nd, 2010, 05:10 PM
Nope. Thicker, blonder, wavier.

MsBubbles
September 2nd, 2010, 05:47 PM
No, but if you know how to bottle that and sell it you'll be a multi billionaire!

Wow, you've been here a long time :). Your hair looks lovely. Nothing dirty about it.

I seem to remember somebody here mentioning recently that the paleo diet might be turning her coarse hair fine.

Interesting stuff (as I sit here eating pizza and chocolate).

Juneii
September 2nd, 2010, 05:56 PM
Do you think if I did that my black hair will turn blonde too?! :D

that is very interesting, if you didn't change anything else about your lifestyle your diet may be the culprit. Hair does tend to change in color and texture over time though. But that's over time I would think, so that can't be it.

xoxophelia
September 2nd, 2010, 06:18 PM
I think because of the timing it is still too likely that it is the sun or genes changing your hair color.. but only time will tell :3

Igor
September 2nd, 2010, 06:50 PM
I’ve been debating if I should post or not, but my thought is that your copper intake has changed and provoked the change in colour. Lack of copper can make hair grow in paler and change structure

AngelinIvy
September 2nd, 2010, 07:53 PM
Maybe i am not getting enough copper, but i think that's not likely. I chart everything i eat on cron-o-meter and all the values come in over 100% for all vitamins and minerals. Some are over 6000% so i don't think i'm lacking in vitamins or minerals. Maybe that programs is flawed. My theory is that eating processed foods causes you to accumulate toxins in your body and some of the toxins are excreted into your hair so they would be farther away from the internal organs. And once I stopped eating toxic foods, maybe i am going back to the color my hair was meant to be. No, i don't think your dark hair would likely turn blonde if you ate raw, unless you were born blonde. But this is just my theory.

Sylvanas
September 2nd, 2010, 08:18 PM
Could it be a slight discolouration of the length? I've noticed that my roots can look a bit lighter if the length has a yellowish(warm) tint. A clarifying shampoo, or violet shampoo sorts it out quickly, though.

ericthegreat
September 2nd, 2010, 08:23 PM
No, but if you know how to bottle that and sell it you'll be a multi billionaire!

Wow, you've been here a long time :). Your hair looks lovely. Nothing dirty about it.

I seem to remember somebody here mentioning recently that the paleo diet might be turning her coarse hair fine.

Interesting stuff (as I sit here eating pizza and chocolate).

I agree completely. If you could somehow bottle that, I will be the first customer!! I recently became a blonde, but my natural color is jet black. I would kill to have my roots naturally grow in blonde the way your roots are doing right now!!

Maddy25
September 3rd, 2010, 06:32 AM
I've had this, My hair is naturally dirty blonde as well, but lately it's been growing in very light, I think it has something to do with summer for me, the sun, because in winter it grows in a dark blonde.

PiroskaCicu
September 3rd, 2010, 08:03 AM
I've had this, My hair is naturally dirty blonde as well, but lately it's been growing in very light, I think it has something to do with summer for me, the sun, because in winter it grows in a dark blonde.

I think it has to do with the summer as well. My hair is a light brown, but in summer it becomes very golden, almost blonde and people ask if I've been dyeing it.

lapushka
September 3rd, 2010, 10:09 AM
Has anyone experienced this. The first 2 inches of my hair is growing in about 2 or 3 shades blonder than the rest of my dirty blonde hair. Now it is a true blonde
color.

Odd. I can't see what you're describing in your sig picture. 2 inches of lighter hair (2 to 3 shades) should be quite visible, right?

smileycat
September 3rd, 2010, 06:54 PM
I experienced this same phenomena with both my pregnancies. My hair grew in darker during my pregnancy both times, and approximately six months post-birth started to grow in lighter again. I guess it could have been related to the prenatal vitamin, though I know some people here use them for hair grown, and I don't recall anyone mentioning darker hair. Maybe it was hormonal.