PDA

View Full Version : Experienced Cassia users - final advice!

akuamoonmaui
September 1st, 2010, 07:43 PM
Aloha All,

I'm going to do my first cassia treatment this weekend....

I've read the Cassia thread and feel I've done my homework and have realistic expectations. So! Any final advise?? I've been oiling my ends with coconut oil about every other day (co-ing daily), and I'm collecting strands for my test.

Any pearls of wisdom will be appreciated!

:yinyang:

Igor
September 1st, 2010, 11:45 PM
Not sure if its a pearl of wisdom :wink: but take advantage of how good the cassia grains are at exfoliating and give your scalp a good massage while you rinse
Oh, and “mermaid soaks” are good at loosening up the goo

PrincessBob
September 3rd, 2010, 05:55 AM
Start applying it to sections at the back of your head (where it meets the neck) and move in sections side to side and up, this way when it is fully applied you will be able to slick your hair back over the top to avoid weird wetness trying to ooze down your face while the treatment sits.

jackie75
September 3rd, 2010, 06:21 AM
Oh, and “mermaid soaks” are good at loosening up the goo

I second this. Mermaid soaks work very well for me. I also thinned my mix down just a bit & use a condiment bottle for application. You may have to snip the opening off a little bit, but for me, it makes it sooo much easier!

Good luck!

akuamoonmaui
September 3rd, 2010, 07:59 PM
Thank you ladies!!

I'd read the condiment dispenser (think I have one somewhere) but hadn't read about the massage aspect or working bottom up! Makes perfect sense!

I'm going to use catnip tea.

No man or child at home this weekend and I have homework so it sounds like I've got the perfect enviornment to give this a go!

FrizzFighter
September 4th, 2010, 10:34 AM
I've been thinking of doing a cassia treatment, so I can't wait to hear how it worked for you...

akuamoonmaui
September 4th, 2010, 02:03 PM
:stirpot: You got it! Here I go!.....

akuamoonmaui
September 4th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Well, I had a stress free cassia application!

Mixed the cassia and catnip tea with about 5 drops jojoba oil.

I rinsed with the leftover tea and applied the mix immediately. (Didn't want dye release). The smell didn't bother me, but the sight of it was a little troubling.

Waited about an hour and a half and rinsed in the kitchen sink, did a second rinse using conditioner (suave something) and rinsed well. My ends aren't dry and I like the results. It does feel softer and thicker, my grays are now a lovely golden color.

For about a week prior I used coconut oil every other day. I think this might have prevented the dryness a lot of people talk about...