PDA

View Full Version : Wave-aphobia: Facing the unknown!

Jenn of Pence
September 1st, 2010, 06:22 PM
I have vehemently clung to my hair typing of 1b/1c, but I do suspect that my hair is actually quite wavier than that. However, the fear of the unknown has kept me from going all the way to a full, systematic hair typing. But today I decided I would just go ahead and give it a try.

To be honest, I don't think I'm scared that I might have waves; I think I'm really just afraid that I'll be disappointed with it being non-uniform, piecey, and unimpressive. However, I suppose that if there's any wave texture at all, I can work with it to enhance it with product (not using any during the typing, though). Also, it's nice to know that I am able to make it straight and smooth, which is my normal, preferred look anyway. So, no need to be disappointed about anything. :)

I'll post pictures eventually, good or bad. But at this rate, it might be tomorrow before this mop dries without any towel/brushing/combing assistance!

christine1989
September 1st, 2010, 07:08 PM
Its great that you have flexibility when styling your hair- mine just has a mind of its own. I know what you are going through though. People can develop quite an attachment to their hair typing. I am (was?) a 2a/2b but for the past month it has been acting more like a 1b. I'm going to wait and see how it acts in the coming months but I may have to change it to a 1b :(. I'm kinda sad because I have been describing my hair as "wavy" since middle school.

Jenn of Pence
September 1st, 2010, 08:54 PM
Alrighty, here are my hair-typing results! Nice, gentle waves. Maybe one day I will learn how to do something with them. :)

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af118/JennofPence/LHC%20Photos/100_1511.jpg

Anje
September 1st, 2010, 09:40 PM
Well, that's not so extremely wavy. I'd say you're about the same place as me, roughly 1c/2a. Your wavelength is a little shorter than mine is, so maybe even a full 2a, depending on who you ask.

Jenn of Pence
September 2nd, 2010, 09:21 AM
Its great that you have flexibility when styling your hair- mine just has a mind of its own. I know what you are going through though. People can develop quite an attachment to their hair typing. I am (was?) a 2a/2b but for the past month it has been acting more like a 1b. I'm going to wait and see how it acts in the coming months but I may have to change it to a 1b :(. I'm kinda sad because I have been describing my hair as "wavy" since middle school.

It's crazy how it can change, isn't it? I imagine mine will change as it gets longer and heavier, too, but who knows?? ;)

Well, that's not so extremely wavy. I'd say you're about the same place as me, roughly 1c/2a. Your wavelength is a little shorter than mine is, so maybe even a full 2a, depending on who you ask.

Yeah, you have nice, long waves. They look really nice at your length, too. I may scoot my hairtype up to 1c/2a, since that's kind of in the middle. At least I know what it looks now; I think I'm pretty happy with the results. :)

Arianwen
September 2nd, 2010, 09:33 AM
You can run but you cannot hide. :D

SpinDance
September 2nd, 2010, 09:57 AM
Your hair is very pretty and shiny. I like the waves. After seeing some of the longer haired members here I think it will be interesting to see how your wave structure develops as your hair gets longer.

Jenn of Pence
September 2nd, 2010, 11:09 AM
You can run but you cannot hide. :D

I'm tired of running...I'm too lazy! ;)

Your hair is very pretty and shiny. I like the waves. After seeing some of the longer haired members here I think it will be interesting to see how your wave structure develops as your hair gets longer.

Thanks, Spindance! I also am totally ready to see what my hair looks like at, say, tailbone! ;)