PDA

View Full Version : Hair loss/ recovery, need help with baby hair.

RitaPG
September 1st, 2010, 02:48 PM
I lost a lot of hair last year, mostly due to emotional stress and improper diet. The good news is that I take better care now, and all the hair lost is growing back.
The worse part is that now I have bangs. And while my hair doesn't seem to have lost a lot of thickness, and I think it looks pretty good in the back, the front is a disaster.

All pictures were taken on the same day, only in different rooms.

Dude, I had no idea it was this long O-o
Seing it in the mirror sure is different from having pictures taken.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/_Rita_/P9016800.jpg?t=1283372775

And I wish I hadn't seen these, it's much worse than I thought.:no:
Having these photos taken completely changed my perception of hair, for the better and worse.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/_Rita_/P9016791.jpg?t=1283372743 http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/_Rita_/P9016793.jpg?t=1283372744

I'd like to know if anyone here know good (preferably natural or non damaging) gel/ recipes/ products to keep those in place? Those baby strands are pretty uncomfortable, especially when it's windy, they poke my eyes lol.

I'd like to mention that English is not my main language, so bear with me for my mistakes, and feel free to correct me or tell me if I said something wrong.

Thank you <3

Aeltt
September 1st, 2010, 02:56 PM
I's say aloe vera gel :)

Aeltt
September 1st, 2010, 02:57 PM
edit : i'D !
It helps a lot with baby/crazy hair ^^

LouLaLa
September 1st, 2010, 03:02 PM
Well I think you still look cute with them as you have delicate features.

What I used to do is us a headband with small teeth to train my hair back when it was wet and leave it on till my hair was dry. Usually they stayed back then with no product in.

RitaPG
September 1st, 2010, 03:04 PM
edit : i'D !
It helps a lot with baby/crazy hair ^^

Thanks. I'll look it up :)

Sister13
September 1st, 2010, 03:08 PM
Very important not to strain the hair at your temples. So loose up and back 'dos. Also look at various things that can help hairgrowth from the inside: mulitvitamin, essential fatty acids, protein, biotin, fenugreek, nutritional yeast.

Oh, and scalp massage.

Most important to manage stress through exercise, deep breathing, meditation/ positive visualization.

I like your bangs!!!

RitaPG
September 1st, 2010, 03:38 PM
Well I think you still look cute with them as you have delicate features.

Thank you:flowers:

What I used to do is us a headband with small teeth to train my hair back when it was wet and leave it on till my hair was dry. Usually they stayed back then with no product in.

I've tried headbands, but my hair is very stubborn and stiff. They work for a while but then it all goes back to crazy mode hahah

mellie89
September 1st, 2010, 04:12 PM
Your hairline looks a lot like mine did about 6 months ago. My hair thinned a lot at the temples over the course of a year or so due to similar factors... malnutrition, stress, and lack of sleep.

I actually cut in some side swept bangs. They are just thick enough to let the new growth blend in. I'm not sure if you want to do something like that, but it made me a lot more comfortable with having so much weird new growth. Now they are growing out along with the baby hairs. :)

Darkhorse1
September 1st, 2010, 04:18 PM
I lost a bunch of hair during a stressful period, but my loss was at the back/under my hair at the underneath hair line. Those baby hairs/new growth were nuts!!

I actually didn't tend to it. My doctor said that the hair will regrow on it's own, and just to eat healthy and exercise as it helps with stress. I'm sure others here can offer some other advice too :)

Your hair is gorgeous :)

spidermom
September 1st, 2010, 04:18 PM
Wispy bangs look cute on you. Other than using a bit of gel (any kind that has no alcohol) to style them, I wouldn't worry about them. They'll be long hairs pretty soon.

RitaPG
September 1st, 2010, 04:29 PM
Sister13 Thanks for the tips. I'm already on multivitamins. Positive thinking and deep breathing helped me a lot :)

mellie89 I had bangs years ago, short hair gets weird shapes, had to straighten them all the time when I had them. I'm already growing out some layers, don't feel comfortable cutting bangs again lol

RitaPG
September 1st, 2010, 04:32 PM
I lost a bunch of hair during a stressful period, but my loss was at the back/under my hair at the underneath hair line. Those baby hairs/new growth were nuts!!

I actually didn't tend to it. My doctor said that the hair will regrow on it's own, and just to eat healthy and exercise as it helps with stress. I'm sure others here can offer some other advice too :)

Your hair is gorgeous :)
Thank you :)

I have baby hair at the nape too, but they don't bother me as much, the front ones do, since they always end up poking me in the eyes sooner or later, that's why I'm looking for ways to keep them under control. And they look ugly lol, but that's minor

torrilin
September 1st, 2010, 05:11 PM
The worse part is that now I have bangs. And while my hair doesn't seem to have lost a lot of thickness, and I think it looks pretty good in the back, the front is a disaster.

Oh yeah, that's really going to be unpleasant to grow out. I'd probably use combs to keep it out of my eyes. Think a bit like a comb for a French twist, but much smaller and with very closely set teeth. These (http://www.scunci.com/products.php?pcID=150&products_id=537) are about what I've used. It ends up looking a bit like a barrette when they're in properly, but I find they stay put better. (I'm not sure if it is direct linking the right product...) A wide fabric headband also might work.

The good news is, it's adorable on you. So most of the suck will be hair getting stuck in glasses or being pokey and itchy... and you can work around that!

RitaPG
September 1st, 2010, 05:32 PM
Oh yeah, that's really going to be unpleasant to grow out. I'd probably use combs to keep it out of my eyes. Think a bit like a comb for a French twist, but much smaller and with very closely set teeth. These (http://www.scunci.com/products.php?pcID=150&products_id=537) are about what I've used. It ends up looking a bit like a barrette when they're in properly, but I find they stay put better. (I'm not sure if it is direct linking the right product...) A wide fabric headband also might work.

The good news is, it's adorable on you. So most of the suck will be hair getting stuck in glasses or being pokey and itchy... and you can work around that!

It does get stuck on my glasses, all the time -_-' The sunglasses are worse, they have very chunky frames.
That could work though. Thanks for the tip:)