PDA

View Full Version : Another Potter star changes her hairstyle

naereid
September 1st, 2010, 02:29 PM
Oh my... First Hermione, and now Luna? These kids must be really happy to have finally finished shooting! :p

http://www.snitchseeker.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1724

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/anthyh/LHC/45653_150310798329937_117866788241005_347882_64962 83_n.jpg

And an older picture as a reminder:
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/anthyh/LHC/33965997gezbm4h1-jpg.jpg

Calaelen
September 1st, 2010, 02:32 PM
Well, I guess she's free to do what she likes now. I am sad to see those long long locks gone, but if she's happy, then that's what counts.

jera
September 1st, 2010, 02:36 PM
I miss their long hair. :( It was so magical !:magic:

bumblebums
September 1st, 2010, 02:43 PM
It's been a while since I've read the books, but wasn't Luna described as having super-long hair? Regardless of that, I always felt this gal was seriously miscast. Completely unlike the Luna I imagined from JKR's description.

More on-topic, I like her new hair color better. I've never been a fan of the bleached blonde look...

TinaDenali
September 1st, 2010, 02:51 PM
Oh, boo! Luna was one of my hair inspirations!

Luna Lavender
September 1st, 2010, 02:53 PM
Oh, I've always really liked her hair...

Lemur_Catta
September 1st, 2010, 02:57 PM
I actually like her hair better now. Was it bleached before? I always thought it was natural. Anyway, the red does really suit her!

emsahib
September 1st, 2010, 02:58 PM
It's been a while since I've read the books, but wasn't Luna described as having super-long hair? Regardless of that, I always felt this gal was seriously miscast. Completely unlike the Luna I imagined from JKR's description.

More on-topic, I like her new hair color better. I've never been a fan of the bleached blonde look...

I really love how she portrays Luna love the whole distant quirkyness. As for the hair I think I prefered it long and blond but the red curls look nice too

naereid
September 1st, 2010, 03:02 PM
Heh, in my opinion she was actually the best cast out of all the characters, by far! She's my favourite character, too, so I was very happy to see her done right. :heartbeat

Apparently she was described as having waist-length hair. (http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Luna_Lovegood#Physical_appearance)

Arianwen
September 1st, 2010, 03:02 PM
I like her now-hair better too...sure it could be longer but to my eyes it looks shinier and happier than before...

ifyouforget
September 1st, 2010, 03:03 PM

I actually doubt it's bleached...she's got the super-pale, no-eyebrows thing going on, looks natural to me. She could definitely have used to take care of it better, but IMO the color suits her better than the red, which is quite obviously not natural to her.

ETA- Aha, proven wrong by google image search. Unless there's a way to fake roots, she's a brunette. In which case, well done on whoever did her dye job- they got the eyebrows just right.

BrightEyes
September 1st, 2010, 03:14 PM
I think her hair looks beautiful! I also like Emma Watson's new cut. They probably feel freedom now that they can do what they want with their hair. Good for them.

myrrhmaiden
September 1st, 2010, 03:16 PM
I don't think that red flatters her complexion at all. I would have definitely done pale copper...alas, it is her hair.

breezefaerie
September 1st, 2010, 03:17 PM
I really loved the icy blond she was before!

Arianwen
September 1st, 2010, 03:30 PM
I actually doubt it's bleached...she's got the super-pale, no-eyebrows thing going on, looks natural to me. She could definitely have used to take care of it better, but IMO the color suits her better than the red, which is quite obviously not natural to her.

ETA- Aha, proven wrong by google image search. Unless there's a way to fake roots, she's a brunette. In which case, well done on whoever did her dye job- they got the eyebrows just right.

Yo there's eye-brow dyeing etc...

florenonite
September 1st, 2010, 03:35 PM
I actually like her hair better now. Was it bleached before? I always thought it was natural. Anyway, the red does really suit her!

It's definitely bleached. Her natural hair colour is light brown, but she bleached it blonde for her audition so she looked the part.

That always annoyed me because Luna's hair is supposed to be dark blonde :lol:

As for the new hair, I love it. The colour really suits her.

sarah061
September 1st, 2010, 03:35 PM
Wow, she looks totally different! I like it :)

JenniferNoel
September 1st, 2010, 04:05 PM
I loved her long blonde hair but I think the new hair suits her better. She looks more sophisticated and beautiful.

Wanderer09
September 1st, 2010, 04:07 PM
According to the books, her hair wasn't supposed to be that light in the first place. It kind of bothered me when I first saw it. But I like the new colour on her! I wonder how long she'd been planning it for.

bumblebums
September 1st, 2010, 04:20 PM
According to the books, her hair wasn't supposed to be that light in the first place. It kind of bothered me when I first saw it. But I like the new colour on her! I wonder how long she'd been planning it for.

Yep... it's pretty clear they don't cast their child stars by hair type, unfortunately! Based on hair, Hermione, Harry, and Luna are all wrong... Hermione being the worst offender. But I also remembered Luna as, well, more of an LHC type than this gal.

They should have used wigs instead of dyeing the kids' hair. If they can do it for Lord of the Rings, why not for HP?

slz
September 1st, 2010, 04:55 PM
I actually doubt it's bleached...
Given the fried-straw look of what she used to have on her head, I'd really wonder what she'd have done to it if not bleaching :D .

enfys
September 1st, 2010, 05:04 PM
Not only does it look better, but those front bits look the same length to me in both pictures. The film still looks like a bob-in-the-front,long-in-the-back girl mullet.

Charlotte:)
September 21st, 2010, 12:10 PM

I saw a picture of her once before they bleached her hair. I can't find it (grrrrr), but it was naturally dark blonde.

Oh, wait! I found it:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41286000/jpg/_41286734_evanna.jpg

Loreley
September 21st, 2010, 12:24 PM
I liked her long hair but I'm not sure if it was real. I thought it was but a few days ago I saw a picture of her from the casting and she didn't have that long hair then. :confused:

ETA: I found the video, here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UynOM42qd3E

Yozhik
September 21st, 2010, 12:32 PM
Google image search gave me a look at her natural haircolor pre-HP -- I think that color suits her the best!

Thanks for cluing me in to Emma Watson's haircut, though -- it looks good!

Juneii
September 21st, 2010, 12:34 PM

Forgot where I read it, but in an interview, JKR mentioned that the girl cast as Luna was EXACTLY as how she envisioned her character to be.

They are probably changing their hairstyle to shed their role from Harry Potter. Who would want to be known for only one acting role their whole life? Hair makes a big difference in our appearance.

pepperminttea
September 21st, 2010, 02:27 PM

Agreed, looks-wise (I think the actress got the character down quite well). I always imagined JKR's Luna with long, natural-colour hair - like a girl in a Waterhouse painting... in Hogwarts robes. :p

I admit I do like the actress's new cut though; long hair is wonderful but hers did look a tad fried.

bumblebums
September 21st, 2010, 03:34 PM
Forgot where I read it, but in an interview, JKR mentioned that the girl cast as Luna was EXACTLY as how she envisioned her character to be.

I wouldn't put too much stock into what she says in interviews about the film. She can't really say anything negative about the casting, both because it would be kind of mean to the actors and probably for contractual reasons. Whenever you watch promotional interviews on talk shows, DVD featurettes, etc., you don't get the full story. The actress's appearance certainly doesn't match what JKR wrote in her book, whether or not she liked the performance.

Agreed, looks-wise (I think the actress got the character down quite well). I always imagined JKR's Luna with long, natural-colour hair - like a girl in a Waterhouse painting... in Hogwarts robes. :p

Yep, exactly!

CaityBear
September 21st, 2010, 03:34 PM
I loved her character. I don't watch much of Harry Potter but I have see I think all of them at some point and I adored her.

I like her hair colour better now and it looks shinier and healthier, but I did like the other length better...but at least the hair looks healthy.

Eire
September 21st, 2010, 03:39 PM
I'm not too crazy about the shortness or the red. I think it washes her out. A dark blonde would suit her complexion better, and the length made her more distinctive.

aenflex
September 22nd, 2010, 07:42 AM
I love Luna. I absolutely love her and this new hair looks totally cute. I think some of her blonde hair was extensions in the the movie...

mariika
September 22nd, 2010, 07:43 AM
I think her ends were really damaged so she went for a shorter do with healthier health. That's wise. Damaged long hair is ugly.