PDA

View Full Version : for a cold blond...

lesbia
September 1st, 2010, 06:24 AM
Hi :o
My hair have a strawberry/reddish blond colour...I want to make it a little bit colder.
I use lemon juice and honey. But anyone know if there is also other ways to turn my reddish blond in a cold one without dye? Thanks everybody in advance :)

ChatNoir
September 1st, 2010, 06:52 AM
Don't really know if this would help you, but if it is an option you could try using a shampoo with purple or blue pigments in it. The pigments erase the yellowness and would make your hair look a bit cooler :)

Anje
September 1st, 2010, 07:46 AM
Don't really know if this would help you, but if it is an option you could try using a shampoo with purple or blue pigments in it. The pigments erase the yellowness and would make your hair look a bit cooler :)
Agreed.

Also, I suspect that applying a small amount of diluted blue Manic Panic, or maybe their violet toner for white hair would cool down your hair nicely. Though you would have to check with someone who's tried it. I suppose that's dye, but I don't know if there are any good ways to cool a tone without adding color. I suspect that honey may make it more golden, not less.

HikerTrash
September 1st, 2010, 08:06 AM
Has anyone ever used juice? Grape juice, wine, beet juice? Supposedly this stains your teeth so why not your hair? I don't know if I'd have the courage to try it.

lesbia
September 1st, 2010, 09:35 AM

If I use a shampoo with blue pigments in it I can turn off yellow pigments...I like yellow pigments! :o
I only want to turn off the red pigments...maybe I have to use a shampoo with..gray pigments in it?? But it exist? :rolleyes:

thanks for the replies! :)

UltraBella
September 1st, 2010, 09:40 AM
If you use something to give your hair a cooler tone, you are going to neutralize the warmth in your hair and that includes the yellow undertones, not just the red ones. Blue or violet toner would help achieve what you are going for, but it will not just tone the reddish color. Good luck !

ChatNoir
September 1st, 2010, 10:26 AM
If I use a shampoo with blue pigments in it I can turn off yellow pigments...I like yellow pigments! :o
I only want to turn off the red pigments...maybe I have to use a shampoo with..gray pigments in it?? But it exist? :rolleyes:

thanks for the replies! :)

Well it does exist, but it will not erase the warmth. Probably it will only make your hair a bit shinier. I have used such shampoos to enhance the ashy tone in my hair. But it will NOT erase the red tones in your hair. I would guess blue toner is your option here. :)

spidermom
September 1st, 2010, 11:09 AM
I made a conditioner masque with an herbal tea called "Smooth Move" and left it on for an hour or so. It made my golden-toned hair appear more ash-toned, but it only lasted until the next washing.

I think something like Manic Panic would be your best bet. I used it this year to get red-violet, and it made my hair feel wonderful - no damage.

lesbia
September 1st, 2010, 11:24 AM
I will try some shampoo I think :) I wish this could help my colour..

Anje
September 1st, 2010, 01:03 PM
Well, green will counteract the red more than gray will, and it might leave the yellows alone a little.... I don't know of any green-depositing shampoos or conditioners though, so you may have to delve into the funky hairdye arena for green or teal colors, or else look at the colors various teas might leave.

The problem with green, of course, is that if you misjudge it even slightly, you'll have to deal with greenish hair until the stuff washes out.