PDA

View Full Version : Hair shedding....

littleflowerr
August 31st, 2010, 05:01 PM
So I went from iii to ii in the past 6 months, i'd lost hand fulls in the shower, brushes, pillow, etc. Few months ago after lurking on lhc, i decided to join! I learned to use sulfate free shampoos, use silk pillow sheets (i love it), put my hair up before bed, i hardly brush now but when i do, i use a wide tooth comb. My hair is almost always up. I remembered a time when my family members were telling me i look a lot thinner and skinnier. I never thought too much of it but then i started losing so much hair! more then usual! now i feel i'm balding at the crown. I decided to eat more and work out a few times a week. As a broke college student, things can get crazy! Are there anyone here that have experienced something similar and have had positive changes after making healthier choices? It would just mean a lot to know there is hope! and that i'm not alone.

christine1989
August 31st, 2010, 05:22 PM
I had a period of time when I experianced good amount of shedding and it turned out to be due to low iron. A simple suppliment fixed the problem and my hair began getting thicker again. When you have sudden, unexplained shedding I definatly reccomend seeing a doctor. It could be just a your hair's natural cycle, it could be a more serious health problem or it could be something small that can be fixed with just a suppliment. You may never know unless you see a doctor- it is the best way to find a solution fast.

charalito
August 31st, 2010, 06:23 PM
I went through a 'detox' period when I started WO and shed like crazy, but then my hair stabilized and my scalp is much much healthier. Take good care of your body, give yourself some time to heal from the previous abuse and you will have stong healthy hair again :)

cmnt831
August 31st, 2010, 06:28 PM
If you weren't trying to lose weight, but people noticed that you had and your hair is shedding that much, you might want to see a doctor and get a blood workup done, just to make sure everything is all right.

OtiggerificO
August 31st, 2010, 06:34 PM
I'm also going to recommend a trip to the doctors, to be on the safe side if nothing else. And here's hoping it's just a wee phase and it'll stop soon :)

little_cherry
August 31st, 2010, 06:57 PM
So glad things are working out for you!

After my head injury, I was getting a rather large bald patch just above my left eye...with a little TLC, monistat and castor oil, I grew baby hairs...now these hairs are around 3 inches long. :)