PDA

View Full Version : Celebs going short

Mexibeach
August 31st, 2010, 01:31 PM
Anna Hathaway... WOW

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2010/08/30/anne-hathaway-debuts-dramatic-new-hair-love-it-or-hate-it/

GlassEyes
August 31st, 2010, 01:32 PM
It's a wig. But it doesn't look bad. :shrug:

Still, i like her shoulder-to-long ish. She's one of my favorite actresses.

schweedie
August 31st, 2010, 01:34 PM
Heh, well, the article says it's a wig, but it definitely suits her! Made me think Audrey Hepburn.

MissManda
August 31st, 2010, 01:55 PM
I remember when Katherine McPhee cut her beautiful dark hair super-short. I was a bit sad, as I think her longer hair was more flattering on her. Oh well.

cindy58
August 31st, 2010, 02:04 PM
I'm glad it's a wig -- I like her long hair better.

Sometimes when I see a short cut on someone, I can see the point of it because it's just very cute on them. I think this particular cut looks a little clunky.

swanns
August 31st, 2010, 02:05 PM
What do you think about Emma Watson's new pixie? http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/08/05/2010-08-05_emma_watson_haircut_harry_potter_actress_debuts _pixie_do_after_chopping_off_her_.html Even if I did prefer the longer hair on her, I think it's great she finally got to try this new look after so many years of not being able to alter her hair much :)

Anne Hathaway is such a beautiful woman, the shorter do looks great on her but once again, prefer it longer :D

DecafJane
August 31st, 2010, 02:13 PM
I think Emma is so pretty that she can manage both, but I think it looks better longer on her. It would be wondefully liberating to chop it all off like that - quite symbolic of letting go of Hermione after so many years! She'll grow it back. She is in the honeymoon phase of the cut right now. :)

Cupofmilk
August 31st, 2010, 02:19 PM
Wow to Emma Watson. Is that really her? She looks so different and grown up and stunning

christine1989
August 31st, 2010, 02:25 PM
Some people can pull off short cuts beautifully but honestly I don't think she is one of them. She just does not have the right bone structure for a cut like that. Long hair on the other hand really makes her stand out. Some celebs on the other hand should NEVER have long hair. Case in point, Halle Berry. She still looks good with longer hair but absolutly stunning with super short hair.

naereid
August 31st, 2010, 02:25 PM
It's just for a movie she's filming. I heard it'll cover 20 years of her character's life, so hair changes are necessary.

Careful about what you say about Emma, we've had one thread get closed already: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=53337 :p

jera
August 31st, 2010, 02:26 PM
I'm glad it's a wig -- I like her long hair better.

Me too. Her face and neck were just made for long hair. ;)

strwbrry dakri
August 31st, 2010, 02:44 PM
Anne's is a wig? Thank goodness! She looks more sophisticated with the longer hair. (To me at least)

MissManda
August 31st, 2010, 03:06 PM
I think Anne Hathaway looks good with the short wig, but I prefer her long hair also. I might be a bit "biased," however. :eyebrows: Emma looks adorable with her pixie cut, too.

MayaBlue
August 31st, 2010, 05:13 PM
I think Anne Hathaway looks adorable with the wig, but I definitely prefer Emma Watson with longer hair. Her hair is so pretty.

FrannyG
August 31st, 2010, 05:18 PM
I think both Anne Hathaway and Emma Watson could get away with just about any style, and look fabulous. Anne's is a wig, but I actually really like Emma's pixie. I think every woman ought to have a chance to experiment with length and style before sticking with any particular length of hair.

Kristin
August 31st, 2010, 05:23 PM
I like longer hair on both of them, but I think I'm a bit biased. The short cut really brings out Emma's eyes.

PiroskaCicu
August 31st, 2010, 05:24 PM
I actually love how they both look with short hair! It's so cute.

moominhapa
August 31st, 2010, 05:38 PM
I don't think either of them could look anything other than gorgeous if they tried, short or long hair.

LisaButz2001
August 31st, 2010, 05:49 PM
Other news sources didn't say Anne Hathaway had a wig, and the feedback was uncomplimentary. Many people referred to her as STAN Hathaway. I thought it was real, she's been creeping shorter and shorter for years. Regarding Katherine McPhee, personally I thought the platinum color was hideous and the cut looked unprofessional, as if it was mere hacked off at her nape and left without any finishing off. Emma Watson's new style expertly done.

Caldonia Sun
August 31st, 2010, 05:54 PM
Emma's is adorable. Anne would look lovely if it was cut and styled properly - the wig isn't. But they are both gorgeous, no matter what they do with their hair.

Katherine McPhee is another matter altogether. She looked like she was trying to hide her beauty with that cut/color ... and she did a good job. Somebody butchered her.

Nenwing
August 31st, 2010, 05:57 PM
I think they both look better with longer hair, but still they don't look bad or anything. Maybe if the short cut was styled some (instead of being just short and there, with nothing done to it).

I think one of the few who looks just stunning whether she is bald or with long hair is Natalie Portman.

Also Winona Ryder just seems to me to look best with real short hair, she has such a delicate/elfin like face.

missjessiecakes
August 31st, 2010, 06:05 PM
I think it looks nice on her I really do. She has a face that can pull just about anything off. I love love love love her by the way.

estherbeth
August 31st, 2010, 07:43 PM
Re: Emma Watson's short 'do - wow! She's beautiful any way you look at it (or any way I look at it, at least), and her Hermione-hair was adorable... But she looks amazing with a pixie cut!:thud:

MissManda
August 31st, 2010, 08:42 PM
I think one of the few who looks just stunning whether she is bald or with long hair is Natalie Portman.

Oh yes! I absolutely loved her in V for Vendetta and I wholeheartedly agree that she looks so pretty bald. ^^

cuddledumplin
August 31st, 2010, 08:50 PM
I think short hair suits both of them, but Emma looks a bit better with long.

tanya222
August 31st, 2010, 08:54 PM
I'm still sad (and in shock) that Amy Lee cut her gorgeous TB locks. I thought it was her signature goth look... :(

MissManda
August 31st, 2010, 08:57 PM
I'm still sad (and in shock) that Amy Lee cut her gorgeous TB locks. I thought it was her signature goth look... :(

Amy Lee cut her hair? :eek: That makes me really sad. I don't even want to Google it because I am afraid of what I might find.

shawty
August 31st, 2010, 09:14 PM
LOVE IT. :o

ArienEllariel
August 31st, 2010, 09:42 PM
AGHHHhh... what did Emma Watson do?? D:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1300545/Emma-Watson-Hair-mione-Granger-cuts-locks-edgy-new-do.html

triumphator!
August 31st, 2010, 09:50 PM
What do you think about Emma Watson's new pixie? http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/08/05/2010-08-05_emma_watson_haircut_harry_potter_actress_debuts _pixie_do_after_chopping_off_her_.html Even if I did prefer the longer hair on her, I think it's great she finally got to try this new look after so many years of not being able to alter her hair much :)

Anne Hathaway is such a beautiful woman, the shorter do looks great on her but once again, prefer it longer :D

She looks a lot like Twiggy to me!

GlassEyes
August 31st, 2010, 09:52 PM
Amy Lee cut her hair? :eek: That makes me really sad. I don't even want to Google it because I am afraid of what I might find.
It's like shoulder length or so, now, as per the last youtube vid I watched. It was shorter when she cut it, but now it's getting back there.

Mexibeach
September 1st, 2010, 12:53 PM
OH! I didn't know Emma cut her hair off. It's fun to see what they look like with the shorter hair - always a shock when they do cut it. Like someone else here said, they can get extensions any time they want.... Emma looks so grown up compared to the early Harry Potter movies!!! WOW

gi2121
September 1st, 2010, 04:46 PM
Some people can pull off short cuts beautifully but honestly I don't think she is one of them. She just does not have the right bone structure for a cut like that. Long hair on the other hand really makes her stand out. Some celebs on the other hand should NEVER have long hair. Case in point, Halle Berry. She still looks good with longer hair but absolutly stunning with super short hair.

I couldn't agree more. Halle Berry with long hair looks plain to me. With short hair, she looks a-mazing. Sharon Stone comes to my mind as well.

MayaBlue
September 2nd, 2010, 01:48 AM
I had no idea Amy Lee Cut her hair :( I guess I'm late.

http://lnx.evanescencewebsite.com/TheOpenDoor/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=31

She was one of my hair idols, I think the long look suited her much better. But to each his own.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.solarnavigator.net/music/music_images/evanescence_amy_lee.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.solarnavigator.net/music/evanescence.htm&usg=__6lHOLnTesCwUlKdQ3EAajtdWAeI=&h=575&w=389&sz=20&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=dki585XMAXBaBM:&tbnh=193&tbnw=131&prev=/images%3Fq%3Damy%2Blee%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN %26rlz%3D1R2SKPB_enUS394%26biw%3D1345%26bih%3D535% 26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=165&ei=UlZ_TMP6BpDQsAO0soD1Cg&oei=UlZ_TMP6BpDQsAO0soD1Cg&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0&tx=89&ty=151

Maddy25
September 2nd, 2010, 06:10 AM
I love when celebs change their look! It's just neat to see them change, I love Emma's but I'm sad about Amy, it was soooo pretty before! (not that she's not pretty now though)

growingmyhair
September 2nd, 2010, 06:55 AM
noooooo Amy lee cut her hair?????

cubedcoley
September 10th, 2010, 07:12 PM
I am really looking forward to my "hair journey" over the next few months and years; I feel like I have figured out how my hair works. However, when I turned 21 I cut my shoulder length hair to a pixie with the sound of the shears starting at my crown so I could not "back out" as my hairdresser proclaimed. I don't think I will go back to it, but it was VERY liberating to have done something like that and I loved it for about 2 years! There IS a certain amount of confidence one has to wear hair THAT short, and it is worth it to TRY it if one is in a hair funk for long period of time OR has extensive damage and wants to start fresh....growing out a pixie, however, well...
:trainwreck:

emma looks cute, Anne, not so much..... :shrug:

Hylia
September 10th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Awww, I loved Amy Lee`s hair.

pepperminttea
September 10th, 2010, 08:54 PM
I quite like Emma Watson's pixie, it makes her look a bit Elven to me, and well, I'm a sucker for that. :D And I do kind of envy the wash and go ease of hair that short, but not so much that I'd ever be that bold.

It might just be the cut of that particular wig on Anne Hathaway, as opposed to a close crop, but I definitely prefer her with the longer hair. But then, I may have just watched Enchanted too many times. :p

HereIGrowAgain
September 10th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Oh, I'm so glad that was a wig, because the cut looked horrible! I'm in the middle of growing out a buzz cut, and Anne's wig looks like pixie-growout-hell (which is then followed by shag-growout-hell ha!)

I think Emma's cut is very well done, and I hope she enjoys it. I loved my first pixie and kept it for nearly two years.

Cheeks1206
September 10th, 2010, 09:32 PM
I think Anne Hathaway would look lovely with short hair, but the cut and style of the wig she's wearing in the picture look matronly on her. to me, it seem to age her unnecessarily. Emma Watson, on the other hand, looks fantastic. She's too pretty to look bad with a super short cut, and the same can be said for Natalie Portman, as a PP already mentioned.

DecafJane
September 10th, 2010, 10:00 PM
I googled Amy Lee's hair. I hope she is happy with it. I think it makes her look like everybody else, when her long hair made her stand out and look gorgeous. It is her hair, and I'm sure she can grow it back if she wants to.

ktani
September 14th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Not all thank goodness. Here is Catherine Deneuve at the Toronto Film Festival 2010, http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/plOaSdRPA1i/Lancia+Red+Carpet+67th+Venice+Film+Festival/HKFJ-5E-6Rs/Catherine+Deneuve, still beautifull, still blonde and her hair still long, at age 66.

aenflex
September 15th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Emma Watson really pulled that cut off beautifully. So chic.

Bene
September 15th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Is it me or does Emma Watson look A LOT like Jeremy Irons? I think it's the eyes.

dolphin
August 18th, 2011, 12:46 PM
*Sigh* wish I could have Emma's facial features, she really does look like a pixie with that pixie cut.

mallorykay13
August 18th, 2011, 12:50 PM
That is actually a really good wig. It follows what looks like her natural hair line quite well.

leslissocool
August 18th, 2011, 01:22 PM

I actually cried that day (well squealed really). I have loved her hair since Evanescence was just a high school project. I followed their webpage from Europe, I am still deeply in love with her voice.

It seems like she is letting it grow again though, now it looks quite long. We'll see in October :cheese: but now she has it like shoulder length. I thought she looked good with short, and I think maybe she had damage since she straightened it every day when she was on tour.

This (http://www.mtv.com/shared/promoimages/bands/e/evanescence/amy_070811/281x211.jpg)is a current picture, it looks a lot closer to her natural texture.

Ligeia_13
August 18th, 2011, 02:59 PM
^ Judging by recent photos, her hair looks almost waist length again.

Yay! ( I have an unnatural interest in her hair, don't mind me)

Years and years I've tried and she's beat me to waist length twice! Hahahaha.

Cirafly24
August 29th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Ahh! How did I miss a discussion about Amy Lee's hair?

I actually cried that day (well squealed really). I have loved her hair since Evanescence was just a high school project. I followed their webpage from Europe, I am still deeply in love with her voice.

It seems like she is letting it grow again though, now it looks quite long. We'll see in October :cheese: but now she has it like shoulder length. I thought she looked good with short, and I think maybe she had damage since she straightened it every day when she was on tour.

This (http://www.mtv.com/shared/promoimages/bands/e/evanescence/amy_070811/281x211.jpg)is a current picture, it looks a lot closer to her natural texture.

Yes, her hair was quite damaged from dying and daily straightening...you can see it in some of the photos from 2006. The ends got very thin and looked dry. First she cut it to about BSL, then she went all the way and cut it into a short bob, I think in the beginning of 2008.

^ Judging by recent photos, her hair looks almost waist length again.

Yay! ( I have an unnatural interest in her hair, don't mind me)

Years and years I've tried and she's beat me to waist length twice! Hahahaha.

Yes! It looks like she has face framing layers, and the longest layer is at waist. I bet she'll be back at TBL by the end of the tour.

I'll be seeing it in person twice in October, and if I'm lucky, I might actually get to talk to her about it haha.

archel
August 29th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Anne Hathaway would look great shaved bald and wearing a garbage bag.

Now, the big celebrity chop that killed me back in the day was when the lead on Felicity chopped her long curly hair. OMG...

Rusticular
August 29th, 2011, 08:44 PM
I love Emma Watson's short hair, she really does look gorgeous. Anne... eh, notsomuch. She's beautiful, but personally I think it looks a little too masculine.

noelgirl
August 30th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Anne Hathaway would look great shaved bald and wearing a garbage bag.

Now, the big celebrity chop that killed me back in the day was when the lead on Felicity chopped her long curly hair. OMG...

Me too! I loved Felicity's flowing curls! I still aspire to that!

Áine
August 30th, 2011, 03:57 PM
The person whose big chop haircut would slay me would be Crystal Gayle's.

*Not including cancer, radiation, or natural hair loss causes.