PDA

View Full Version : My Mother's Daughter - I'm MarilynMunster

MarilynMunster
May 21st, 2008, 07:51 AM
Hi ladies and gents:

I am a brand newbie! I am forum user "LilyMunster"'s first born daughter and I'm really excited to join - LilyMOMSTER has nothing but kind things to say about everyone here. I have long black hair - recently trimmed about 3" off so that I am now rid of ALL dead and split ends. My hair is about 27 or 28 inches, now - with long sideswept bangs. Feels good to be rid of all the dry gunk even though I miss the look of the bit longer length.

I am so pleased to meet any and all of you! Please feel free to see my Flickr photos for pics of me, my hair ;), LilyMunster and other little bits and bobs.

I'm a vegetarian, reader, writer and Exec Assistant in the nonprofit sector. I don't watch television and I have a partner who also rocks some nice, shoulder length hair - LilyMunster can attest to his lovely locks and quiet and kind personality. (I'm terrible at intros!)

Looking forward to good chats and fun to come on the LHC.

mm
~MarilynMunster~

MarilynMunster
May 21st, 2008, 07:52 AM
WHOOPS - www.flickr.com/photos/angelarb
Apologies, it's early!

justgreen
May 21st, 2008, 08:01 AM
Hi and welcome to the boards! I just adore your mom, she's sooooooooo sweet!

saracuda
May 21st, 2008, 08:04 AM
Welcome, Marilyn! We're a crazy, fun place!

pgw
May 21st, 2008, 08:12 AM
Welcome to the boards Marilyn! I checked out your flicker site. Your very photogenic and your hair looks great.

Delila
May 21st, 2008, 08:13 AM
Welcome! :)

PseudoScot
May 21st, 2008, 08:14 AM
Welcome to LHC!!

Loviatar
May 21st, 2008, 08:17 AM
Hi Marilyn and who else could you be with such a username? :) Glad to see you following in your mom's footsteps!

Agreed Justy, Lily is lovely :flower:

Morticia
May 21st, 2008, 08:25 AM
Hi MarilynMunster. Glad you are here. Your mom is one of my longtime LHC buddies.

OR Cowgirl
May 21st, 2008, 09:31 AM
Welcome! Great to see daughters joining moms!!

Mariah

DavidN
May 21st, 2008, 09:36 AM
I would like to welcome you to the LHC, MarilynMunster, and am delighted that you have joined our community!

lora410
May 21st, 2008, 09:39 AM
welcome :waving: I hope you enjoy it here like we do :D

CountessDeJager
May 21st, 2008, 09:42 AM
Welcome, Marilyn! We love your sweet mom. I think of her regularly because she sent me two pairs of silly socks once. :inlove: If you haven't told her you are linking the flickr pictures here please check in with her. While she probably told you how friendly we are there there are also a lot of reasons why we save photos and personal details for areas of the site with less access.

We will enjoy playing with you here, from your photos you seem like a fun person and we will certainly be gushing over you and your sweetie. We love to see longhaired couples! :cheese:

Elizabeth

happylynngilmer
May 21st, 2008, 10:24 AM
Welcome to LHC!
I second the COuntess-I also love to see long haired couples! My DH just trimmed back to APL (armpit level) and it looks so nice and healthy now :}
Hope to see you around!

Islandgrrl
May 21st, 2008, 10:28 AM
Welcome, Marilyn! Good to have you here!

Xandergrammy
May 22nd, 2008, 05:40 PM
Welcome, MarilynMunster!!! I'm so glad you decided to join. :flowers:

Mastermindsgirl
May 23rd, 2008, 07:49 PM
I'm a total noob here, but I welcome you just the same!

MarilynMunster
May 24th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Thank you so much! I hope to have time to get all involved and have fun, much like my Mum. She is wonderful - my best friend in the world. I couldn't be without her in my life. :)

MarilynMunster
May 24th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Hi! I'm glad that I'm not the only complete 'green' person here. I have to make it a point to check out this site daily, because it seems totally fun and LilyMomster - sorry MUNSTER - loves it. She speaks so highly of many of the people here. Plus, you know, long hair is just fantastic. :)

MarilynMunster
May 24th, 2008, 11:53 AM
I'm sure that it's fine with her that I've linked to my Flickr. But I understand your point. Thanks for sticking up for her, she's the best. I don't need to ask her because I know she's fine with it - we're kinda eachother's mindreaders and best friends for sure. Thanks again for the nice post - Lily is just that kind of woman, the kind who will brighten your day by sending you silly socks. She has sent me dishes, comforters, TONS of hair stuff and is so supportive - I am truly blessed to be her daughter AND her first born at that. ;) If I can be 1/2 the woman she is I am doing just fine. :) MarilynMunster

MarilynMunster
May 24th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Welcome to the boards Marilyn! I checked out your flicker site. Your very photogenic and your hair looks great.
Thank you so much! I get all my my charms and looks from my Mum, of course. ;)

MarilynMunster
May 24th, 2008, 11:55 AM
I would like to welcome you to the LHC, MarilynMunster, and am delighted that you have joined our community!
Hey! Your hair is fantastic, David!!! Wow. I'm glad to be here. My LilyMOMster speaks so highly of everyone here. Nice little community - 'bout time I joined up!!

jessie58
May 24th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Oh another Munster, welcome to the boards. Nice to have you here.

MarilynMunster
May 24th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Hi MarilynMunster. Glad you are here. Your mom is one of my longtime LHC buddies.
Morticia, my dear, I hope you'll adopt me as a surrogate on the LHC if you're close with my Lily... so your hair is incredible!!!

MarilynMunster
May 24th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Oh another Munster, welcome to the boards. Nice to have you here.
The more the merrier?? Thanks for the welcome _ they all mean a lot to me! MM

LilyMunster
May 24th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Of course you can post my pix. The only reason that I have none is that I cannot work my digital camera. :D Glad you're here Marilyn.
More than glad.
You can explain things to me. Like this::skittles: the tag says 'skittles'. Is this a slang word that I don't know?
(Our relationship is very much like this in RL, in fact she had to define what RL stands for to me.)
ahh, the fun begins.
Yup, Morticia's got the hair that reminds me of yours Marilyn.
Love
LilyMomSter
:coolblue:

Xandergrammy
May 24th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Of course you can post my pix. The only reason that I have none is that I cannot work my digital camera.

I have to tell you that I was delighted to see pictures of you. I looked at every single one of Marilyn's pictures so I would get a glimpse of YOU! :gabigrin: As I suspected, you and your hair are gorgeous (and so is your family!)

P.S. I would have no pictures online either if not for my DH. I have no idea how to get pictures off the camera or how to scan old pictures. :oops:

LilyMunster
May 24th, 2008, 02:12 PM
thanks XanderGrammy. I really do own other clothing. I dress for comfort. Can you tell? I'll get her to take some real 'hair' pix for my Album here. I have one whole picture in there. And wanna know a secret? I forgot how I put it in there. :D
As someone in our Unique Pirate Group said 'the brain goes first'.

DavidN
May 24th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Hey! Your hair is fantastic, David!!! Wow. I'm glad to be here. My LilyMOMster speaks so highly of everyone here. Nice little community - 'bout time I joined up!!

Thank you, MarilynMunster, for your kind words about my hair!:flowers:

Xandergrammy
May 24th, 2008, 02:24 PM
thanks XanderGrammy. I really do own other clothing. I dress for comfort. Can you tell? I'll get her to take some real 'hair' pix for my Album here. I have one whole picture in there. And wanna know a secret? I forgot how I put it in there. :D
As someone in our Unique Pirate Group said 'the brain goes first'.

I dress for comfort too! I get indigestion every time I think of some of the stuff I used to wear. :rolleyes:

I never saw that picture in your album! I love it. You and your granddaughter are so beautiful together. I'll be looking forward to seeing new hair pictures now that you can talk Marilyn into taking some for you!

And it's very true that the brain goes first. Today I wondered why my back didn't feel any better after taking some Motrin until I realized that I had forgotten to actually TAKE the Motrin. Geez........ :grin:

Curlyredhead
May 24th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Welcome aboard, MM!

snowbear
May 24th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Welcome, MM! Glad you could join us!

Like this::skittles: the tag says 'skittles'. Is this a slang word that I don't know?
Skittles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skittles_%28confectionery%29) are a candy, similar to M&M's.
In the case of that smiley, however, they're named for getoffmyskittle, a member here.

Hope that helps!

LilyMunster
May 24th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Hey snowbear, that's what my guess was. My favorite flavor are the purples. I know skitts, too. ;)

Indigo Girl
May 24th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Welcome MM! I can see we already have a few things in common - I'm a veggie EA who doesn't watch a lot of TV either ;)

Glad you're here! :bluesmile

Koala Kim
May 24th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Welcome MM! :flowers:

darkwaves
May 24th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Welcome, indeed!

zaftig2k
May 24th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Welcome, MM!! Your mom is a real sweetie, and I'm glad that she talked you into joining us!!

Enjoy! :)

Mrs_Zombie
May 24th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Hi Marilyn, welcome to the boards. As your mom can and i'm sure has attested, this is a wonderful place to learn all about hair care, friendships, and anything else in between.

You'll enjoy it here!! Welcome once again. Feel free to PM me anytime!

bruteforcegrl
May 25th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Welcome MM. By the way, your dog is ultra-cute. :puppykisses:
bfg

MarilynMunster
May 26th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Morticia!!! I absolutely love your avatar picture! I often stick my hair in two twisted up buns and fasten with some quality bobby-pins (don't want to rip or snag my hair ;0 ouch). I think there are some pics of me with my hair like that on my flickr site, which is in my main intro post...here's a secret - my BF loves my hair like that and it resulted in the nickname "bun" for me. Took awhile to get used to, but it's like a little sweet bun and at least it's not "BUNS". Heh! "...Hey Buns!" Nope, that would be a no-no right off the bat. :) Your hair is soooo gorgeous.

MarilynMunster
May 26th, 2008, 12:11 AM
Welcome MM. By the way, your dog is ultra-cute. :puppykisses:
bfg
:( Not my own dog(s) you saw in my Flickr - I was housesitting for a friend and coworker. But they're truly awesome and cute dogs - not small, but they *think* they're lap dogs which is hilarious to me.

VikingJarl
May 26th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Welcome Marilyn,

Great name, great hair and great pics, what more can I say? :-)

MarilynMunster
May 26th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Welcome Marilyn,

Great name, great hair and great pics, what more can I say? :-)
Oh, thank you so much!! I'm looking forward to hanging out with all of you. Your hair looks great, BTW. Have a good day and take care! _mm_

MarilynMunster
May 26th, 2008, 03:05 PM
welcome :waving: I hope you enjoy it here like we do :D
Thank you! Love your avatar!

MarilynMunster
May 26th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Of course you can post my pix. The only reason that I have none is that I cannot work my digital camera. :D Glad you're here Marilyn.
More than glad.
You can explain things to me. Like this::skittles: the tag says 'skittles'. Is this a slang word that I don't know?
(Our relationship is very much like this in RL, in fact she had to define what RL stands for to me.)
ahh, the fun begins.
Yup, Morticia's got the hair that reminds me of yours Marilyn.
Love
LilyMomSter
:coolblue:
I LOVE YOU, LILY! My hero, my best friend....plus you smell good - all the herbal essential oils that you use for your hair and skin. :) YOU can teach me stuff about this board! I'm coming over, LilyMom, so that you can sit on your bed with me and your laptop and show me some tricks and 'splain stuff. I'm (as you know) new to this forum fun and need a tutor. Love you always and forever, MamaMunster. ;) your marilyn

MarilynMunster
May 26th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Hey snowbear, that's what my guess was. My favorite flavor are the purples. I know skitts, too. ;)
LilyMom-Purples and greens. Mixed. Yummy. Thing I need to run to the corner market, now.. xoxo MM

MarilynMunster
May 26th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Welcome MM! I can see we already have a few things in common - I'm a veggie EA who doesn't watch a lot of TV either ;)

Glad you're here! :bluesmile
Yes! yeah! yay! yahoooo! good for you! I love you already!

harpgal
May 28th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Welcome MarilynMunster! Your Mom is very cool! And I do not own a TV either. Have fun!

Indigo Girl
May 28th, 2008, 07:47 PM
:flowers: :D

MarilynMunster
June 1st, 2008, 11:20 AM
:flowers: :D
IndigoGirl, you're too funny. ;)

MarilynMunster
June 1st, 2008, 11:23 AM
Welcome MarilynMunster! Your Mom is very cool! And I do not own a TV either. Have fun!
TV is atrocious - boyfriend and I are so bugged by it, unfortunately. We housesat for our neighbors and couldn't get through 10 minutes of it. It seems so in your face and loud and brash to us. Nooo thank you. I also credit LilyMunster, who raised us with all kinds of activities and trips and fun stuff with NO TV, either. Now she has it and it drives me nuts - but Lily watches cool stuff, like Travel Channel shows or cooking channel stuff. Not so bad.

Pegasus Marsters
June 1st, 2008, 02:24 PM
Welcome to the boards! I havn't seen your mom around in a while, how's she doing? :)