PDA

View Full Version : It's a miracle! 36 inches of hair in a sturdy French twist with one chop stick!

jane53
August 31st, 2010, 08:00 AM
:cheese::cheese::cheese: Now let's see if it will stay that way all day at work.

I've packed back-up hair toys in case it doesn't, but it feels sturdy now.

I've always been able to do buns with one stick, but a French twist? No. Not till today. And I think that it HAS to be a chop stick--much longer than my other hair sticks--to achieve this wonder.

Marjolein
August 31st, 2010, 08:32 AM
Haha, that's great! Any chance of a picture of this miracle event?

embee
August 31st, 2010, 08:47 AM
Good for you! I've never managed to get a good secure French Twist no matter what the length of my hair or hairtoy.

Dreams_in_Pink
August 31st, 2010, 08:51 AM
This never gets old: Pics or it didn't happen! :D

spidermom
August 31st, 2010, 09:15 AM
Impressive indeed. It's hard enough to get a french twist into 36" and longer hair, but to hold it with one hair stick? Outstanding!

myotislucifugus
August 31st, 2010, 09:17 AM
Amen! Or else this will be a "I once heard of someone on a message board that was once able to perform a miracle..." It's worse than "my sister's cousin's brother twice removed once saw Bigfoot."

LittleOrca
August 31st, 2010, 10:23 AM
Amen! Or else this will be a "I once heard of someone on a message board that was once able to perform a miracle..." It's worse than "my sister's cousin's brother twice removed once saw Bigfoot."

But he did! Bigfoot was in his best sun dress with a straw hat made of cat tails drinking tea with D.B. Cooper (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper) and the Mongolian death worm!

Aka, I second, or third?, pictures. :D

Islandgrrl
August 31st, 2010, 10:34 AM
Pictures? Tutorial? I can't get my hair into a french twist that would hold with both of my HANDS back there hanging on for dear life, let alone one stick!

Cupofmilk
August 31st, 2010, 11:19 AM
Excellent. Hope it holds. I always do my buns with one stick (well the two or three buns I can do) but a french twist on that length of hair, I take my hat off to you!

MsBubbles
August 31st, 2010, 11:25 AM
:drama: Waiting to hear how many hours it held...

dfotw
August 31st, 2010, 11:27 AM
Congratulations and oh, yes, please, let us have pics and a tutorial to see how you've done it! I despair of ever putting my hair in a decent French twist, I need to hear sucess stories! :D

jane53
August 31st, 2010, 03:04 PM

Can't do pics! No functioning camera! But it happened!

jane53
August 31st, 2010, 03:06 PM
Impressive indeed. It's hard enough to get a french twist into 36" and longer hair, but to hold it with one hair stick? Outstanding!

I do the lazy French twist where you fold your hair in half.

I can't do a REAL French twist with all my hair.

MissManda
August 31st, 2010, 03:09 PM
Congratulations! :flower: I am very jealous because my hair refuses to be put into a French twist. I hope you post a picture or two. :)

ETA: Oh, you don't have a functional camera. Sorry about that. Oh well, pictures or no pictures, it must have been awesome.

jane53
August 31st, 2010, 03:13 PM
Well--no camera for the pictures. I'll see if my phone will do one, though if I get caught in the work restroom photographing my hair, I may end up in the loony bin.

jane53
August 31st, 2010, 03:17 PM
Sorry. Tried the cell phone camera in the ladies' room and the photo isn't close up enough.

BUT IT'S TRUE!!!!

jane53
August 31st, 2010, 03:29 PM
Here's the tutorial I used to learn to do it. I just never did it with one chopstick before. She doesn't use one chopstick either.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6cjaX_rUuE

Merlin
August 31st, 2010, 03:36 PM
Sorry Jane, the rule is Pics or it didn't happen I'm afraid!

FrannyG
August 31st, 2010, 05:23 PM
I am terribly impressed, but I'm afraid I'm also terribly disappointed by the lack of photo.

Perhaps the next time you perform this miracle you could have a friend take a photo with their cell phone. I'm sure you must have at least one friend who would understand the dire need for a picture. :)

Anyway, yay for you!!! :hollie:

jane53
August 31st, 2010, 06:11 PM
Yeah, I had a friend take my signature picture, but at work, it's a touch weird. I'll get someone to do it next time. Because it worked! It did!

I wish I could afford a new camera....

Nae
August 31st, 2010, 07:08 PM
Did it last all day? Do you think this is one of those repeatable miracles? Inquiring minds want to know.

jane53
August 31st, 2010, 08:08 PM
It lasted for the first 4 hours of my office hours. And really, it wasn't falling down, it just wasn't feeling as sturdy, so I took it down and successfully did it again! And then I did another 4 hours of office visits and redid it again, but the GOOD part is that it went up effectively each time.

Ivy~Rose
August 31st, 2010, 09:12 PM
Awesome! Nice work, congratulations! :cheer:

jane53
September 1st, 2010, 05:56 AM
Awesome! Nice work, congratulations! :cheer:

Awww! Thanks for not asking for picture, Ivy~Rose. No camera and a professional workplace make it hard to photograph my hair!

Quahatundightu
September 1st, 2010, 07:29 AM
Wow, that is awesome!! And what's even better is that I managed to do my first decent looking French twist thanks to that video!!!!! :D You are spreading the one-stick twist love, thanks!

jane53
September 2nd, 2010, 07:40 PM
I did the one-chopstick lazy French twist again today. I redid it without a mirror halfway through the day and when I had a chance to look at it (after I got home from work), it was perfect! With that one chopstick! Stayed for hours and hours and hours.

If I ever get a chance to get someone to take a picture of it I will, but I'm not usually in the circumstances to ask.....