PDA

View Full Version : Long *really* fine hair?

ChatNoir
August 31st, 2010, 06:04 AM
Okay, so I've been poking around, looking for some pictures, but I can't really find any.
My question is as following: I have a ponytail with just about 2" circumference. Now at SL. Will long hair look good on me when my hair is this fine/thin? Anyone with some experience on this? :)

Nini
August 31st, 2010, 06:33 AM
I've got fine hair, and I'm currently at mid-thigh, fairytale ends that is. I think I have a few shots in my albums:)

lesbia
August 31st, 2010, 07:21 AM
When I started to take care of my hair they was layered/unhealthy/damaged and really really fine end thin. I had 1 inch of circumference.
Now, after 3 years of care, my ponytail circumference is 3''!! :)

If you hair are healthy you can grow them at every lenght you want! Mine now are at waist...and I'm waiting for tailbone :)

happy grow! :D

Quahatundightu
August 31st, 2010, 07:24 AM
My hair is between 2 - 3" thickness at my nape, depending how curly it is when I measure it. One thing you may struggle with is more of a taper than people with thick hair - at least, my hair definitely tapers quite a lot!! I am quite close to TB now, but my hair isn't as thick at the ends as I would like it to be.. will have to do some maintaining once I get there. But despite it being fine and thin, I love my hair and think it suits being this long :)

So yes I think thin/fine hair can still look great long! :) The only way you will ever know how your hair truly looks is if you grow it and see what happens ;)

Arianwen
August 31st, 2010, 08:07 AM
I don't think *thickness* and *texture* are interchangeable. Ie: isn't it possible to have M hair and i thickness etc?

I either have F or M texture and ii thickness. Just a nitpick...

littlenvy
August 31st, 2010, 08:14 AM
I too have F/i hair and I have always cut it once it reached BSL because it just looked BAD!!
But I was also not taking care of it and expected it to look like M/iii when not up. LOL.

Now I'm taking care of it and its looking MUCH better already. I have also noticed that wearing it up DOES make me look good and prevents my hair from damge before it reaches the goal I want.

Also, check out user Sweetesday. She is my F/i hero. Her hair is fine and thin but oh so lovely!!!
As well as Nini's hair (the one in the post under yours). Her hair is fine/i and very beautiful too.

goldenoak
August 31st, 2010, 08:18 AM
I don't think *thickness* and *texture* are interchangeable. Ie: isn't it possible to have M hair and i thickness etc?

I either have F or M texture and ii thickness. Just a nitpick...

This is true; there are even some F / iii s out there. I think, though, that folks with fine hair probably end up with less thickness on average. There's probably the same natural range of follicle density, some high some low, but since each shaft is finer, the total mass would be less than someone with thicker hair at the same follicular density.

So yes, they're different, but I think they're interrelated. :)

Arianwen
August 31st, 2010, 08:19 AM
I dunno...I don't equate fine with thin...my mother has a redonkulous amount of hair and she's the same hairtype as me, although I will concede it's not as common for a true F to have iii thickness, I'd say there's a boatload of us at ii thickness though.

Arianwen
August 31st, 2010, 08:23 AM
My hair is between 2 - 3" thickness at my nape, depending how curly it is when I measure it. One thing you may struggle with is more of a taper than people with thick hair - at least, my hair definitely tapers quite a lot!! I am quite close to TB now, but my hair isn't as thick at the ends as I would like it to be.. will have to do some maintaining once I get there. But despite it being fine and thin, I love my hair and think it suits being this long :)

So yes I think thin/fine hair can still look great long! :) The only way you will ever know how your hair truly looks is if you grow it and see what happens ;)

I think taper with wurly/curly hair is rad, though... :D

Themyst
August 31st, 2010, 08:30 AM
I think it's going to depend on how you hair lays. My sig pic was taken well over a year ago so my hair is longer now, but it will give you an idea of how mine lays. It's very fine and super wispy. That makes it difficult to deal with when wearing down, so I only wear it down when the wind is not blowing or I don't have to be physically active at all.

It's so wispy that if I walk with it down into the kitchen, the ends seem to fly up in tendrils and snake around the cupboard handles and snag. I've been yanked around before like that. :o I really like having it long though, and for now it's become an experiment to see how long I can grow it.

I've known others with super fine hair though but their hair laid much differently than mine and wasn't so flyaway. I think long hair would be more easily handled like that. :shrug:

Lozzie
August 31st, 2010, 08:38 AM
Hi, i have very fine hair too. Had various lengths over time but now at BS. Fine hair can look good long. I've been following the 'conditioner only' thread recently and have found a big improvement in my hair texture and appearance (Also recently had a baby so going through post partum shed too!!)
Normally i get to a little below bra strap and then cut a bit but think i may hold out at least until Christmas. My fine hair tends to get a bit 'see through' when i reach nearer waist but i will be interested to see how CO washing improves this. Hope i can hold out until Christmas!!

dropinthebucket
August 31st, 2010, 08:56 AM
Fellow fine and thins' (F/i's) - I keep hearing fine-haireds say that CO has helped "thicken" their hair, through less breakage - how do you deal with greasiness??? My scalp gets so greasy I almost have to wash every day, or I've got a thin, flat pancake mess that looks like I haven't washed in a year. I'm using shampoo bars (a few types), no SLS, and a vinegar rinse for the final rinse. It helps, with the vinegar I can get two days out of it, without, it's greasy almost the same day. What are y'all using on your F/i hair to keep the grease from overwhelming it? (or is it just me with this horrible grease issue? .....)

Angeletti
August 31st, 2010, 09:02 AM
I guess it just depends on your hair and the condition in which it's in when it gets long. I have tailbone length fine hair and apart from being a little on the thin side near the bottom it doesn't look too bad (although I have only trimmed it once in over three years so go figure). Hopefully you will be able to grow it out and like it once it gets to your goal length.

Themyst
August 31st, 2010, 09:13 AM
Fellow fine and thins' (F/i's) - I keep hearing fine-haireds say that CO has helped "thicken" their hair, through less breakage - how do you deal with greasiness??? My scalp gets so greasy I almost have to wash every day, or I've got a thin, flat pancake mess that looks like I haven't washed in a year.

Ditto. Sometimes I think certain finehairs just can't get away with all the tricks. I know I can't. I must use shampoo & conditioner, and *gasp* ... even blowdry to get any volume! :eek:

Unnamed
August 31st, 2010, 09:25 AM
Mine is presently under 2" circumfirence, and at low thigh (between mid-thigh and knee). It's also baby fine, as in sometimes I feel like I'm covered in spider webs! Ponytails can 'contain' my creepy crawly hair enough that at least it stays mostly together without compacting it too much, and I don't think it looks too bad. But like TheMyst described any form of 'loose' (including a pony) can get all over the place if I'm not more or less sitting still or away from things it might try to attack. It's like it has wings! But, again, I have baby fine hair, so individual strands are probably 'lighter' and more easily displaced than someone with less fine, 'heavier' hairs.

In my present siggy (must change it...over a year old!) my hair was right about 2" at the nape, and about 1.5-2.5" short of knee. An updated picture is in my profile, after major shed number 3? 4? since I've joined here. And I have some older ones in my album, although the very first ones were a tad thicker, at the low to almost mid ii range--before shed number 1 and also before the black dye grew out past the nape area.

Tailbone and then the mid-thigh to knee range I seem STUCK in at the moment are the ones I've liked the most and I think look the 'best'...although I know my hair will never meet up to most people's 'nice hair' standards. I maintained my hair at BSL to waist for about 10 years to try and thicken the ends up before making an attempt at learning to 'like' my thin ends and realise I just won't ever have both super long hair and thick-ish ends because of the thinness.

littlenvy
August 31st, 2010, 09:28 AM
Fellow fine and thins' (F/i's) - I keep hearing fine-haireds say that CO has helped "thicken" their hair, through less breakage - how do you deal with greasiness??? My scalp gets so greasy I almost have to wash every day, or I've got a thin, flat pancake mess that looks like I haven't washed in a year. I'm using shampoo bars (a few types), no SLS, and a vinegar rinse for the final rinse. It helps, with the vinegar I can get two days out of it, without, it's greasy almost the same day. What are y'all using on your F/i hair to keep the grease from overwhelming it? (or is it just me with this horrible grease issue? .....)
I have no problem CO now. I have not used any shampoo since winter and while at the beginning it was a bit greasy, now you can't even tell that I don't shampoo.
All I do is put good conditioner on dry hair and coat it really well. I keep that on for about 15 min to half hour and then wash it out really well. Looks great, no flatness or pancake head. lol
The conditioner does make a difference thou. I can't use Suave. I tried but the Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinone in it make my scalp itch. While whatever else is in it makes my hair WAY too soft. Its so soft that I can't even brush it without damage. It just gets caught in my brush and breaks.
Its not for everyone but I like my conditioner with a bit of protein in it.

torrilin
August 31st, 2010, 09:43 AM
What are y'all using on your F/i hair to keep the grease from overwhelming it?

We-ell...

I usually give my hair a month or three of new products/techniques before I decide I don't like it. And yes, I'd treat dropping down to every other day or less washing as a new thing. Same with conditioner only, or CWC...

I ran an experiment where I washed with Dr. Bonners as needed, no conditioner... that really *did* result in a grease bomb. I can see it maybe being useful if I am trying to get down to hip length hair. But with my usual long enough for a braid mop, it isn't really needed.

And as far as greasy hair goes... well... Google image search turns up this (http://www.google.com/images?q=greasy%20hair&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1024&bih=511). Most of the images might be examples of greasy hair for other hair types, but they're sure as hell not greasy for fine hair! A lot of the piecing and chunking is stuff our hair does naturally. If you click the "really greasy hair" option... same deal. Still not really greasy. Super greasy hair... STILL not greasy for us. The one image I found that might be the real thing is one with visible comb marks. That happened to me when I was trying just Dr. Bonners, and as the trial wore on it was harder and harder to get my hair to be silky and not piecey. All I had to do to "fix" it was start using conditioner...

LouLaLa
August 31st, 2010, 09:55 AM

Ive never had an issue with it and I also oil the night before wash day too. What you have to do is really be super thorough when you wash it out, almost as if you were doing a scalp massage. If you are very thorough you shouldnt get any problems and it gives volume too. Fine hair is a law unto itself though so maybe this isnt for everyone.

I find regular trims, SMT and oiling the ends keeps my hair looking good as its getting longer. I dont get many splits but I do check to see if theres anything i need to S&D (I did it yday and after nine months of no cuts I had a grand total of ....five)

Ive had waist+ before and it never looked thin and I was always complemented on it. If you do your best to keep every strand in good condition then fine hair can be super beautiful!

I have also found a brush is my best friend. The wide comb just didnt like my hair at all. I need a very tight needle comb and a paddle brush to keep my hair in check. Ive tried various methods but I always go back to my origional years old method.

ChatNoir
August 31st, 2010, 02:08 PM
Thank you all for great replies! :D

It really helps to read about other people in the same situation, and who have made it :) gives me the courage to want to go there as well!

jackiesjottings
September 1st, 2010, 04:27 AM
I am very fine and nearly at classic. I have faerytale ends but only plan to grow to 40" which is about 2.5"more, then keep trimming back to that length so the ends should thicken up a bit. Check out my photo galleries for some piccies :)

Bonkers57
September 1st, 2010, 06:51 AM
I think under "really greasy hair" Posh hit the mark...

I don't mind the rest of my hair piecing so much, but I really hate it when my bangs separate. That's inevitable though because they touch my greasy face all day. And I have to have something to cover my forehead or else I look bald.

And as far as greasy hair goes... well... Google image search turns up this (http://www.google.com/images?q=greasy%20hair&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1024&bih=511). Most of the images might be examples of greasy hair for other hair types, but they're sure as hell not greasy for fine hair! A lot of the piecing and chunking is stuff our hair does naturally. If you click the "really greasy hair" option... same deal. Still not really greasy. Super greasy hair... STILL not greasy for us. The one image I found that might be the real thing is one with visible comb marks. That happened to me when I was trying just Dr. Bonners, and as the trial wore on it was harder and harder to get my hair to be silky and not piecey. All I had to do to "fix" it was start using conditioner...

florenonite
September 1st, 2010, 07:14 AM

The sad thing is that most of the hair in those pictures looks clean to me :p

HikerTrash
September 1st, 2010, 07:33 AM
I think washing too much leads too greasy hair. After a transition phase you can go longer between washings. I wash every other day and every other wash is baking soda or conditioner, but when I'm camping I don't wash for 4 or 5 days. I put it in a braid and only comb it every other day. When I get home and take out the braid, it still looks clean and I can go longer between washings. Camping is good for the transition phase!

My hair is fine but not incredibly thin and waist length. It does taper a lot so that when I've worn two braids, I've had people say, "Wow, that looks so intricate, it must have taken a long time to do." No, it's just really tiny at the ends.

MsBubbles
September 1st, 2010, 08:56 AM
I think washing too much leads too greasy hair. After a transition phase you can go longer between washings. I wash every other day and every other wash is baking soda or conditioner, but when I'm camping I don't wash for 4 or 5 days. I put it in a braid and only comb it every other day. When I get home and take out the braid, it still looks clean and I can go longer between washings. Camping is good for the transition phase!

This not true for everybody's scalp. For some of us, a transition phase doesn't make a blind bit of difference in grease production. And some of us actually end up with terrible scalp problems because of it!

Phexlyn
September 1st, 2010, 09:23 AM
I also have classic length very fine hair (2" ponytail), with fairy tale ends. I know I can have a relatively blunt hemline at waist, we'll see how far I can push that down by taking better care of it. Feel free to look at my photos (there aren't much so far, but you will get the idea) or PM me if you have questions.

And welcome to LHC :flower:

ChatNoir
September 1st, 2010, 09:44 AM
I also have classic length very fine hair (2" ponytail), with fairy tale ends. I know I can have a relatively blunt hemline at waist, we'll see how far I can push that down by taking better care of it. Feel free to look at my photos (there aren't much so far, but you will get the idea) or PM me if you have questions.

And welcome to LHC :flower:
@Phexlyn
Wow! That sounds great! I would love to have my hemline blunt at waist and work it further from there :) I guess it's going to take a while though. I have decided that I'm going to keep it SL until it's "clean". Meaning that I don't want anymore chemical dye in it. Looks really weird at the moment, but totally worth it! :D

Aww! Thank you so much!

Phexlyn
September 1st, 2010, 12:40 PM
You're very welcome, ChatNoir! :)

It's a great decision to start growing with natural undyed hair! How much of the dye is left?
You might want to look around the forums for people with similar issues, I know there's a thread about growing out dye somewhere, for help, encouragement, inspiration... it really helps being able to talk to others who are going through the same "growing pains" as you are. Especially if you should get into a phase where you're really fed up with your hair (happens to all of us, now and then) :blossom:

torrilin
September 1st, 2010, 12:46 PM
This not true for everybody's scalp. For some of us, a transition phase doesn't make a blind bit of difference in grease production. And some of us actually end up with terrible scalp problems because of it!

Yeah, my partner has psoriasis and the situation is really different for him. Same for his sister. But they're both somewhere in the 2+ range for curl, and they're a lot coarser than me... I have no idea how that would shake out on really fine hair. A lot of the stuff that he adores is really waaaaaay more rough handling than my hair could tolerate.

Different bodies are different.

lastnite
September 1st, 2010, 12:54 PM
I've got fine hair, and I'm currently at mid-thigh, fairytale ends that is. I think I have a few shots in my albums:)

Nini, for a f/i hair type your braid looks quite thick... do you have any tips for getting braids to look thicker?

Igor
September 1st, 2010, 02:27 PM
I made his list for another thread but it might be useful to you :wink:

Duckish (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=25888) F/M/i at classic length
gin411 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=18547) F/I at 43 inches
Lady Magenta (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=967) F/I at 48,5 inches
Launna (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=23832) M/I at 49 inches
Luxepiggy (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=30956) M/i at tailbone length
Maria_asa (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=5665) F/i at 44,5 inches (And I can personally testify a gorgeous head of hair)
MommaJ (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=28878) F/i at 45 inches
Milemma (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=22067) F/i at 69 inches
Nini (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=3374) F/i at thigh length
Unnamed (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=960) F/I at 52 inches

Nini
September 1st, 2010, 02:47 PM
Nini, for a f/i hair type your braid looks quite thick... do you have any tips for getting braids to look thicker?

When I braid while it's still damp my braid will look quite a bit thicker than when it's a greasy day two or three.

It can't be too wet or too dry though, there's a fine line somewhere;)

I don't stress about it looking thin or thick though. It is what it is. I always wanted a long braid, and I've hit that mark. Now I've gotta see if I can make it to knee. That might not happen, since my hair takes a bit of wear and tear around the farm. But we'll see:D

Delila
September 1st, 2010, 08:37 PM
... Will long hair look good on me when my hair is this fine/thin? Anyone with some experience on this? :)

I guess that depends on what you think the phrase 'look good' means. If you have unrealistic expectations about what's possible for your own hair, you may wind up dissatisfied. Some of the most gorgeous hair I've seen in real life has been even thinner and finer than my own (and also longer).

Gentle handling has made a big difference in the quality of my hair, but it's still fine and wispy. I've experimented with lots and lots and lots of different routines and products, and have returned to the 'shampoo for fine/oily hair, conditioner for the length, and cream rinse to detangle' routine that worked for me even at shorter lengths. I had fun with all the experiments (see my blog in the archived board, and my blog on this board), but ultimately, it seems I'd already stumbled on a system that works for my hair and scalp type long before I ever had any idea that a) I have wavy hair and b) I can grow my bangs out and my hair beyond my shoulders.

I like wearing it long for lots of reasons, not all of which have to do with looks. I find it easier to care for than short hair, since all I have to do is detangle morning and evening, and keep it in a protective style, either a braid or an updo. Definitely easier to maintain than the 'wash and blow dry every day and get a trim every six or eight weeks to keep my bangs from driving me crazy' thing I did for decades of my life.

ChatNoir
September 2nd, 2010, 01:30 AM
You're very welcome, ChatNoir! :)

It's a great decision to start growing with natural undyed hair! How much of the dye is left?
You might want to look around the forums for people with similar issues, I know there's a thread about growing out dye somewhere, for help, encouragement, inspiration... it really helps being able to talk to others who are going through the same "growing pains" as you are. Especially if you should get into a phase where you're really fed up with your hair (happens to all of us, now and then) :blossom:

Well, I have just a couple of centimetres with natural hair at the top. I'm just in the beginning phase, you see. :o My hair grows quite slowly, and I have calculated that my hair won't be 100 % natural until sometime next year. :(
But I will use that time to help my hair grow in more full and healthier, so that I can just "go for it" when it's time to let it grow free :D

I will definitely check out some of the threads on growing out dye! It feels like it's moving, oh, so slow sometimes :rolleyes:

Thank you, once again :bounce:

christine1989
September 2nd, 2010, 01:49 AM
I agree that if you take care of it you will likely see more thickness. It may take a while to show but if you are patient you will probobly see at least a little bit more thickness. Mine increased by an inch when I started taking proper care of it. Regardless, I have seen thin hair look good long as long as it is trimmed regularly to avoid the extreme taiper that could result.

MsBubbles
September 2nd, 2010, 05:33 AM
Well, I have just a couple of centimetres with natural hair at the top. I'm just in the beginning phase, you see. :o My hair grows quite slowly, and I have calculated that my hair won't be 100 % natural until sometime next year. :(

If you're planning on cutting it all out to a pixie next year, then ok. But unfortunately - and especially if you hair grows really slowly - it will take you a few years to get to where you are now (26") with no dye. I am always shocked to see people's photos here who are showing their demarcation line, and it's around shoulder-length or so, and the caption reads something like "Started growing out my natural color two years ago". :bigeyes:

I am also on this road, and those 'growing out dye' threads really help a person stick to the plan. I'd have gone back to bleach by now otherwise.

Thanks for that list, Igor! Very inspiring long, fine hair.

ChatNoir
September 2nd, 2010, 05:39 AM
If you're planning on cutting it all out to a pixie next year, then ok. But unfortunately - and especially if you hair grows really slowly - it will take you a few years to get to where you are now (26") with no dye. I am always shocked to see people's photos here who are showing their demarcation line, and it's around shoulder-length or so, and the caption reads something like "Started growing out my natural color two years ago". :bigeyes:

I am also on this road, and those 'growing out dye' threads really help a person stick to the plan. I'd have gone back to bleach by now otherwise.

Thanks for that list, Igor! Very inspiring long, fine hair.

Well, it won't take more than about a year - a year and a half with my growing rate while I'm keeping it at this length. After I cut it I have gotten a growing boost so to speak. And after a month of growing one and a half cm is now showing. When I say slow, it's because my hair doesn't grow a full inch a month. :) It's not too slow though.

Good luck to you!:D

Miss Misha
September 2nd, 2010, 12:35 PM
I like wearing it long for lots of reasons, not all of which have to do with looks. I find it easier to care for than short hair, since all I have to do is detangle morning and evening, and keep it in a protective style, either a braid or an updo. Definitely easier to maintain than the 'wash and blow dry every day and get a trim every six or eight weeks to keep my bangs from driving me crazy' thing I did for decades of my life.

This. I've done the short hair FAIL waaaaay too many times on the recommendation of some well-meaning person. For baby fine, straight hair, it's a constant routine of "care" (read heat damage and product overload) just to get the hair styled. And Heaven forbid the wind comes up -- all that work for naught.

I've always liked my hair better, thinness and all, when it was at least APL, where I've more or less maintained it for the past several years. My hair does braid well and I can do a french twist or cinnamon bun practically in my sleep, even though they are teensy because my BSL hair is so thin. And like my other guilty pleasure, earrings, long hair allows me to indulge in hair toys!:cheese:

IcarusBride
September 2nd, 2010, 02:24 PM
I have thin/fine/strait hair, I've never measured the circumference of my ponytail but I'm pretty sure it's not much more than 1 inch even at the base. Right now my hair's at waist (just the tips of the longest hairs, it's not very thick beyond BSL but it doesn't look horrible or wispy yet. Here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5077&pictureid=73385) is a picture of my hair a few months ago, to give you an idea. I'm hoping I can reach classic someday, but if I can't get the hemline to thicken up I'd cut back to tailbone. I'm pretty sure even thin hair can grow to at least TBL without being see-through thin at the end.

MsBubbles
September 2nd, 2010, 02:54 PM
Well, it won't take more than about a year - a year and a half with my growing rate while I'm keeping it at this length. After I cut it I have gotten a growing boost so to speak. And after a month of growing one and a half cm is now showing. When I say slow, it's because my hair doesn't grow a full inch a month. :) It's not too slow though.

A full *inch*?! LOL!! I think there are some lucky souls around here (like you!) whose hair grows incredibly fast, but I think half an inch is the average. Doesn't matter. When you said your hair grew slowly I was thinking you meant even slower than half an inch/month, not a full inch! :laugh:

It would take me 39 months at 1/2" per month to get all my roots down to 26". Wait. Is that right? Let's see. If I subtract the 6.5" of the length of the top of my head from 26", I get 19.5". So I'd have to grow 19.5" worth of hair, which at half an inch per month would be 39 months. That's over three years?!

Oh man this is gonna take forever :p.

ChatNoir
September 2nd, 2010, 03:52 PM
A full *inch*?! LOL!! I think there are some lucky souls around here (like you!) whose hair grows incredibly fast, but I think half an inch is the average. Doesn't matter. When you said your hair grew slowly I was thinking you meant even slower than half an inch/month, not a full inch! :laugh:

It would take me 39 months at 1/2" per month to get all my roots down to 26". Wait. Is that right? Let's see. If I subtract the 6.5" of the length of the top of my head from 26", I get 19.5". So I'd have to grow 19.5" worth of hair, which at half an inch per month would be 39 months. That's over three years?!

Oh man this is gonna take forever :p.

Wah Wah! A lot of math! :eek:

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding though :o

Ursula
September 2nd, 2010, 04:13 PM
A lot depends on getting to know the nature of your hair, and learning to work with it for what it is.

For example, LisaJaney has very fine (in all senses of the word!) hair, and can do things with her hair that I, with very thick hair, can't do. For example, she can do this lovely soft Gibsony-bun thing, with her hair gently puffed out rather than pulled tightly back. That's utterly impossible for me, because I need to worry much more about supporting the weight of my hair.

I'd love to be able to manage such soft, loose hairstyles. But I can't. She can. She can also use hairtoys that I can't, and use them in ways that I can't.

We each have quite different hair, and can learn to work with our hair and enjoy it for what it is, and admire other people's hair for what it is. Without being jealous of the other person, or arrogant about what we have.

MsBubbles
September 2nd, 2010, 05:51 PM
Wah Wah! A lot of math! :eek:

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding though :o

No need to be sorry!:) Enjoy your fast-growing hair, and as so many people here have already pointed out, there are some beautiful heads of tailbone+ fine and thin hair here.