PDA

View Full Version : I use naturatint to colour my hair will it damage it?

lady G
May 21st, 2008, 03:55 AM
I use naturatint hairdye from health store to color my hair black, it has some harmful chemicals removed such as ammonia and resorcinol i find it great and it doesn't irritate my scalp like the other ones i have tried in the past such as nice and easy dyes. Will i still be able to grow long healthy hair using this if i look after the hair well? it doesn't seem to dry my hair out at all and gives it good shine etc.

xxx

Isilme
May 21st, 2008, 04:03 AM
Does it contain peroxide? If yes, then it will always damage your hair. If you want to keep using it, only do your roots, don't change the colour (meaning you have to apply it to your whole head) and generally just baby yur hair and you'll be fine. Your hair will always be a bit more damaged than virgin hair with ultra care. But having seen many people with virgin hair damage it (neglect, mecanical damage etc.) I say if you take care of your hair it will prorbably be healthier than many other people's virgin hair:)

lady G
May 21st, 2008, 04:08 AM
Yes it has peroxide but as you say i just do the root area every 4 weeks i am planning on staying this colour so i hope that it will be ok, just can't wait till its long enough to put in a ponytail to wear it up its a little two inch stubby one at the minute lol then i can minimise damage by wearing it up for work.