PDA

View Full Version : How to minimise heat damage??

Barniie
August 31st, 2010, 12:45 AM
Hey ladies!

Tomorrow is my school's 'Renaissance Day', where we all dress up as peopLe from the renaissance and have a feast etc.

BUT

I was told I had to curl my hair in spirals for the day - how do I minimise heat damage? We,t rag curling and pin curls aren't an option either - any ideas??

xx

Dars
August 31st, 2010, 01:02 AM
You really can't minimise heat damage. Damage is damage. However there are tons of threads about alternative forms of curling hair via searching.

Eire
August 31st, 2010, 01:07 AM
I recommend beebutt bun curls! Do 3 or more buns for pretty spirals.

KittyLost
August 31st, 2010, 03:51 AM
If it's just for one day, I'd say use a curling tong if other methods of curling won't work for you. It's not a terrible thing to do just once, as long as you suddenly don't turn into an addict and start doing it 3times a day ;)

Deeply condition before and after, I know that won't stop damage but it may help you feel that you are doing something towards not harming your hair as much.

bunnii
August 31st, 2010, 03:59 AM
If it's just for one day, I'd say use a curling tong if other methods of curling won't work for you. It's not a terrible thing to do just once, as long as you suddenly don't turn into an addict and start doing it 3times a day ;)

Deeply condition before and after, I know that won't stop damage but it may help you feel that you are doing something towards not harming your hair as much.

This. Baby your hair before and after, it won't hurt to do it occasionally unless you're me and have very fine hair that break when a hairdryer looks at it lol.

Also if you use a coney protecting spray it won't protect really, but it'll help your hair look nicer quicker so you won't have to keep recurling, preventing further damage :)