View Full Version : Feeling a little sick after 'trim'

lacereza
May 21st, 2008, 02:07 AM

Miss Murphy
May 21st, 2008, 02:13 AM
Absolutely 100% for sure right! :D

Remember, spliss and damage travels upwards. In no time you'll get used to the new length of your hair, and you'll start to take joy in its thickness and shiny-ness!
And don't forget - it's going to grow back anyway, and it'll look awesome while it does!

k_hepburn
May 21st, 2008, 02:16 AM
It's always a bit of a physical shock to loose a significant amount of length, but you'll get over it soon, and then you can relish in your stunningly healthy, beautifully cut hair. And of course one of the beauties of getting a really good hair cut is that it will maintain it's shape a lot longer, so you can give your hair plenty of time to grow out now before it needs another trim.

So, just run your fingers through this healthy hair of yours and enjoy!

katharine

P.S. BSL is still long!

30isthenewblack
May 21st, 2008, 03:19 AM
I had this happen to me just recently. My mum offered to cut my hair but I decided to go to the hairdresser as I knew I would need at least an inch off. Somehow, we got lost in translation and me telling him that I was growing out my layers ie don't cut layers into my hair turned into him evening out my hair. I know that I didn't lose much length and it's the healthiest it has ever looked but I was in shock for a week. The ends were really ratty and I was in denial for a while. I think in the long run, I would rather not compromise healthier hair for longer hair. It looks like it has grown at least two centimetres as well since it was cut two weeks ago. However, now that the ends are ok, my mum is cutting my hair from now on :)

Poppy Seed
May 21st, 2008, 03:23 AM
You've got it! Healthy shiny thick ends...no damage...it'll grow out more nicely and if you continue to take good care of it, you may not need to trim for a significant length of time. It looks really good!

But: I know. I hate having even the tiniest little amount of hair trimmed off. I miss it, even though I know it has to be done. I sympathise.

Calista
May 21st, 2008, 03:42 AM
Did you get it trimmed wet? if so, he might have trimmed it to bottom of bra strap, but you have some shrinkage as it dries, so maybe thatīs why it ended up shorter than planned.

lacereza
May 21st, 2008, 05:42 AM

far_away
May 21st, 2008, 05:48 AM
That must be a shock, but you have such lovely hair that I'm sure it looks stunning and as it grows it will continue in much better condition. Plus now might be a time to try those styles that your hair was a little too long for before...

FrannyG
May 21st, 2008, 06:26 AM
While I understand your shock and how you miss your length, I was struck by all the wonderful adjectives you used to describe how your hair looks and feels right now. I think that the shock will quickly wear off and you will be able to really enjoy every inch of your new growth more than you did before. I can't wait to see photos! :happydance:

Silver & Gold
May 21st, 2008, 06:37 AM
I can understand the shock. But if the hair looks thick and healthy I will lay you odds that in a couple of weeks you will not have only adjusted to the cut but you'll also have the sensation that your hair seems to be growing in faster and thicker.
Somehow a healthy trim can really accent new growth. Especially if you've removed thin, damaged ends or layers.
I just had a good trim a few weeks back. My hair is barely shoulder length so I hated to do it but I had a lot of damage due to short hair styling techniques and thin layers to remove. The trim was soooooo noticeable to me even though others could barely tell. I suppose because my length in the front was unchanged.
But now, a few weeks later I can really feel the new length on my shoulders and back AND my sister-in-law saw me for the first time in about 1 1/2 months yesterday and the first words out of her mouth were, "Is that your own hair"? She was so surprised at the length and she knew I was in rehearsals for a play so she wondered if I had some kind of "stage hair" going on.
So, hang in there for a few weeks and wear your hair up if it really bothers you because then you'll never know the difference.

jojo
May 21st, 2008, 09:07 PM
heck yeah you done the right thing! im seriously thinking of cutting my ends back an inch or so which will take me back to APL but i want long healthy looking hair and if thats what it takes, well thats what it takes!

Hair is for enjoying at the end of the day, you feel happy and your hair looks healthier, so enjoy this stage, before you know you will be back to where it was, enjoy it!

spidermom
May 21st, 2008, 09:10 PM
Yes, you are absolutely, positively right. I'm sure your fresh ends feeling fabulous and that your hair looks stunning.

mommy101405
May 21st, 2008, 09:18 PM
I'm sure the nice healthy thick ends look wonderful. Looking forward to some pics :D

Gemma
May 22nd, 2008, 02:31 AM
I definitely understand the shock.

I had about an inch, maybe almost two, taken off at my last trim, and I felt really weird and even a little upset afterwards. My hair looked great, though; stronger and healthier, and within a month it felt back to normal, and I was really happy with my blunter ends.

If your friends are saying your new hair looks even better than it did before then, from what I can see of your siggy pic, it must be absolutely stunning! :flower: