PDA

View Full Version : Our local news tonight said going gray is the in thing now

Chrissy
August 30th, 2010, 03:29 PM
It was a great story. They said more women are going natural. They also said that runway models are sporting dyed gray hair. Interesting???.....

Here is a web page they talked about. I haven't had a chance to totally look it over but it looks interesting.

http://goinggraylookinggreat.com/

Check it out! There is even a section with a lady with long hair and it's really pretty.

Arianwen
August 30th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Hooray!!! :D

slz
August 30th, 2010, 03:39 PM
There was a thread about this trend recently - with celeb pics and all ... I'd say "lemme search" but I'm too lazy to search right now :D .

TinaDenali
August 30th, 2010, 03:52 PM
What a great website! I can't wait until I've got all white hair :D

Chrissy
August 30th, 2010, 07:09 PM
There was a thread about this trend recently - with celeb pics and all ... I'd say "lemme search" but I'm too lazy to search right now :D .

Hmmm...I must have missed that one. This is the first I've heard of this "trend".

restourceful
August 30th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Chrissy, we trendsetters over on the Salt & Pepper thread talk about this all the time. You should pop in sometime. And you don't have to be a Renegray or Silver Sister to join in the fun. We like it when others visit just for the company and good conversation.:cheese:

KittyLost
August 31st, 2010, 04:03 AM
I've noticed that it was become in fashion these days, they had a list of celebrities who had joined the trend including Kelly Osbourne and models.

Maybe society is finally becoming acceptable to the natural way of things!

Although dying your hair gray isn't natural but hey, grey used to be something to be ashamed of.

Drynwhyl
August 31st, 2010, 04:10 AM
Everything's a trend now...Personally I'd find it bothersome if I went out and suddenly everyone had looong hennaed hair like me because it became a trend overnight.

Don't get me wrong, I just love grey hair and when I'm older I'm going to let it go all silvery and pretty.
But 20 year olds dying their hair grey? Really?

Chrissy
August 31st, 2010, 04:40 AM
Chrissy, we trendsetters over on the Salt & Pepper thread talk about this all the time. You should pop in sometime. And you don't have to be a Renegray or Silver Sister to join in the fun. We like it when others visit just for the company and good conversation.:cheese:

I may just do that. Actually I'm starting to get some white here and there. Since my hair is a lighter color you just can't see them as much. My ds always finds them though!! :)

growingmyhair
August 31st, 2010, 05:09 AM
I like this trend, silver hair looks very comforting. it's like these people are good and wonderful, full of wisdom and distant from human flaws

swanns
August 31st, 2010, 05:15 AM
Don't get me wrong, I just love grey hair and when I'm older I'm going to let it go all silvery and pretty.
But 20 year olds dying their hair grey? Really?

Some 20-somethings don't have to dye ;) I've been slowly going gray for the past few years, still nothing you can see unless you look pretty close up but they grays are there and becoming more and more visible.

I actually just saw a girl maybe a few years younger than me at the university yesterday who had dyed gray hair and I actually thought it looked really nice.

Drynwhyl
August 31st, 2010, 05:42 AM
Some 20-somethings don't have to dye ;) I've been slowly going gray for the past few years, still nothing you can see unless you look pretty close up but they grays are there and becoming more and more visible.

I actually just saw a girl maybe a few years younger than me at the university yesterday who had dyed gray hair and I actually thought it looked really nice.

I'm fine with natural greys, I just don't like the look of the fake grey dye ;)
Each to their own of course, someone else maybe dislikes red dyed or any other colour... It's just not to my taste :o

restourceful
August 31st, 2010, 05:58 AM
I like this trend, silver hair looks very comforting. it's like these people are good and wonderful, full of wisdom and distant from human flaws

*snort*

This doesn't describe me at all, other than the silver part, of course! Hee!:cheese:

Othala
August 31st, 2010, 12:27 PM
..... silver hair looks very comforting. it's like these people are good and wonderful, full of wisdom and distant from human flaws

This isn't describing me either, LOL.

cmnt831
August 31st, 2010, 12:34 PM

I like to imagine this describes me, but then I open my mouth.... But, hey, if that's what you want to think, I'm not going to try too hard to dissuade you. ;)

Kelly728
August 31st, 2010, 09:35 PM

24 and I'm getting more and more greys each day. I'm letting it go for now but I am contemplating action in the next few months... I'm just not ready for grey!

jeanniet
August 31st, 2010, 09:53 PM
I sure hope this comes out in the paper here, because I want to show it to my teenagers and prove that I'm cool in at least one way! :D

Tovah
August 31st, 2010, 10:01 PM
I tried but I just am not quite gray enough. While I have nice white framing my face and a white streak in the front, the rest is rather sparse and only makes my hair look mousy. Someone needs to frighten me really badly. Then maybe I will have all white hair.