PDA

View Full Version : Very happy newbie

excentricat
August 30th, 2010, 10:25 AM
I came here with what I thought was healthy hair. I didn't dye or heat style, or use cones. But you introduced me to the concept of oiling, and that it can be used even when you have an oily scalp. Its done wonders for my hair. I wash at night, and always had to comb before bed to prevent massive tangles, but this resulted in a lot of shedding. With the oil, my hair is so smooth, I can leave it, and detangle in the morning after it's dry. Its also upped the slickness without making it fall out of every hairstyle like cones always did for me. Its great to have all this information available

restourceful
August 30th, 2010, 10:34 AM
It is great, isn't it! When I think of all I've learned since I came to LHC it just boggles my mind. The vast knowledge of everyone and the friendly way we exchange it makes this one of the nicest places on the web, IMHO.

Welcome to LHC! :waving:

breezefaerie
August 30th, 2010, 10:36 AM
That's great! I love oilings, my favorite is anything coconut based.

Welcome to LHC!

HuggyBear
August 30th, 2010, 10:55 AM
The people here at LHC are fantastic! I'm a newbie, too and, like you, came here thinking I had pretty healthy hair (no dying, heat styling or blow frying, easy on the cones). However, my ends were a mess and I was preparing for the unfortunate chop. Lo and behold, thanks to LHC, I discovered coconut oil & the honey lightening treatment. Absolutely saved my hair and I will always be forever grateful for that! :cheese:

LouLaLa
August 30th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Isnt oil amazing! Hmmm put me on it after I commented how beautiful her hair was.

SMT and honey are soooooo good too! I was like you and huggybear- not many hair offences but oil literally transformed my hair. Also braiding for bed made a surprising difference! Now its managable and childs hair shiny- miracle!

Im glad you are enjoying LHC, it really is great fun.

little_cherry
August 30th, 2010, 11:45 AM
That's awesome!

Welcome to LHC! :D

lpsqt60
August 30th, 2010, 11:55 AM
I feel the same as you Excentricat, LHC has been a gold mine for new tips on how to care for my hair.:blossom:

Jenn of Pence
August 30th, 2010, 12:07 PM
I'm glad you've found some nice treats for your locks, Excentricat! Personally, oiling my ends makes them a bit, well, oily. ;) If I am careful with the coconut oil or jojoba, it's not too bad. I did discover that if I put jojoba on my ends and wear my hair up for the day, they are really soft, if a bit limp, at the end of the day. But it's good for the day before a wash. I do probably still have some heat damage along my length, so it benefits from extra lovin'. I find SMTs work well for me, too.

ghost
August 30th, 2010, 12:08 PM
I'm glad you found some things that can help you :)
LHC is a wonderful place...

August 30th, 2010, 04:02 PM
I'm also newbie (been here a month or so) and it's really a wonderful place!
So much information! I learn something new and interesting each time I log in :)

excentricat
August 31st, 2010, 05:59 AM
I'm amazed at how many different types of buns there are on here too. I've been experimenting to see how many I can do at sl, and modifying some of them so that I can sort of. I can't wait for longer hair to do some for real.