PDA

View Full Version : new hairstyle ideas?

naples
August 30th, 2010, 08:06 AM
So while I may portray myself as brave I am a real chicken when it comes to wearing anything other than a ponytail out. My girlfriend is always pushing me to do other things with my hair and I have gone out with her with it in a bun a few times but I feel really uncomfortable. On top of that I havent had long hair for very long and enjoy being able to feel it whether down or in a ponytail. So inspired by the challenge things here I made a deal with her to help me and please her: She gets to style my hair every day starting today until the end of September as long as the style finishes as a "ponytail". She says the first few days she is going to go easy on me as evidenced by my hair being in nothing more than a mid height ponytail with a side part right now, but it is different and I already feel slightly self conscious. I think this will be good for me. Any way the reason I post this is I was wondering if you guys could suggest other ponytail variations etc.? thanks for your expertise. TIme to conquer my fear. If it interests you i will post the different things she ends up doing to me.

Wanderer09
August 30th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Do braids count as ponytails? I'd say they do, since they go down your back, and there are a lot of braid tutorials here and on YouTube.

You could try a Topsy Tail if your girlfriend has the styling tool, or if you find a way to do it without. :)

Phexlyn
August 30th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Do braids count as ponytails? I'd say they do, since they go down your back, and there are a lot of braid tutorials here and on YouTube.

You could try a Topsy Tail if your girlfriend has the styling tool, or if you find a way to do it without. :)
This.
A neat English braid or a Herringbone braid are lovely options, and you can still feel your hair on your back. You can even go advanced and try French braiding once you're comfortable with that.

I don't know how long your hair is, but maybe also try a banded ponytail?

kittensoupnrice
August 30th, 2010, 09:27 AM
I second the french braids and english braids. If you're brave, a dutch braid is also quite handsome on a guy.

I'm also a huge fan of hawsers, four and five-strand braids on guys.

How is your gf attaching the hairstyles she's doing, when she does buns? Longlocks.com has a nice selection of "chapstix" which are more masculine looking hairsticks. Amish hairpins are also a discrete way of fastening buns that aren't effeminate.