PDA

View Full Version : Hair feeling a bit waxy sometimes lately. What's up?

SippyCup
May 20th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Not really a huge problem or anything, but I'm wondering why it's feeling that way, here and there.

I've gone back to using Shampoo and Conditioner, but they are both natural and don't contain sulfates, cones etc.

I wash my hair in the morning and by the end of the day, the waxy feeling is pretty much gone and is smooth and soft, except for a bit round the crown. The sides, front and most of the back don't ever really get that waxy feeling, it's more around the crown, basically.

Anyone have an idea howcome? Thankyou :).

Dvips
May 21st, 2008, 12:08 AM
Could it be that there is still some sebum left when you're done washing? :confused:

Perhaps a clarifying wash would clear up whatever-it-is.

manderly
May 21st, 2008, 12:59 AM
Ditto on the clarifying.

aisling
May 21st, 2008, 01:41 AM
Your natural, non-sulphate shampoo isn't washing your hair clean. Use another shampoo if you don't like this feeling.

wolf girl
May 21st, 2008, 06:41 AM
A BBB might help as well.

Katze
May 21st, 2008, 06:48 AM
I second the sulfate shampoos. Sounds like how my hair got on "no poo" - never really clean.

chelles2kids
May 21st, 2008, 08:28 AM
Yep, another vote for the clarifying wash.
I know that feeling and it does make your hair feel "weird", doesn't it.

Michelle

young&reckless
May 21st, 2008, 03:35 PM
Before you give up on natural products try doing a vinegar rinse after you shampoo. The acid will help take out the natural shampoo easier + vinegar is good for your hair and cheap too.

Check out the Poo Bar threads for ideas, they can cause the same problem.

lookingglass
May 21st, 2008, 07:17 PM
Sounds like you need to clarify. My hair gets like that, too. I love to CO and once a week sulfate free poo, but occasionally I need to get out the big guns and get all the gunk off, deep condition, and start again!:D

spidermom
May 21st, 2008, 07:43 PM
I think it might be the conditioner. Many of them contain "emulsified wax," and there's another name for it, too.

Dianyla
May 21st, 2008, 07:46 PM
The hair at the crown is the thickest densest area. Is it possibly you're simply not getting good coverage/application of whatever you're using to cleanse your hair?

I like to use a pointy-nozzled bottle to apply my cleanser or shampoo. The pointy tip lets me squirt it directly into the hard to reach areas of my scalp at the crown and down to the nape.

Also, I never apply significant amounts of conditioner above my shoulders, other than a little bit smoothed over my finer wispies that tend to get a little frizzy.