PDA

View Full Version : There is light at the end of my tunnel!

aksown
August 30th, 2010, 12:31 AM
I am still in the midst of the mega-shed, losing more hair than I'm growing and thinning noticeably in the length. I have resorted to wearing my hair up constantly since I don't like how it looks anymore. I avoid measuring it and don't bother to S&D anymore since it'll fall out soon anyway.
My father, in an effort to keep track of his tape measures, bought me a special one just for my hair. :p I finally measured it, after nearly a year and I have gained an INCH!!!!! :cheese: This is serious cause for celebration considering it's my longest hairs that are falling out. Some tenacious hairs are still inching their way to classic, which is six inches shorter than I thought it was!!! What a great day!

Purdy Bear
August 30th, 2010, 02:10 AM
Sorry to hear your hair is thininng, but CONGRATULATIONS on your length!

bunzfan
August 30th, 2010, 06:17 AM
I am still in the midst of the mega-shed, losing more hair than I'm growing and thinning noticeably in the length. I have resorted to wearing my hair up constantly since I don't like how it looks anymore. I avoid measuring it and don't bother to S&D anymore since it'll fall out soon anyway.
My father, in an effort to keep track of his tape measures, bought me a special one just for my hair. :p I finally measured it, after nearly a year and I have gained an INCH!!!!! :cheese: This is serious cause for celebration considering it's my longest hairs that are falling out. Some tenacious hairs are still inching their way to classic, which is six inches shorter than I thought it was!!! What a great day!

That's great news! it must be a very worrying time i think you deserve a drink to celebrate :beerchug:

apynip
August 30th, 2010, 07:07 AM
YAY! congrats!
terribly sorry that you are losing so much hair but the inch is great progress for you!

keep growing and lets hope the shedding stops soon, yes?

LouLaLa
August 30th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Well done! Glad to hear you got that inch despite the problems :flower:

triumphator!
August 30th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Yay! If it's still growing, there's still hope! Congratulations my dear!

GoddesJourney
August 30th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Great! Maybe soon you'll notice a whole bunch of 2 inch hairs hanging around and you'll know it's all growing back.

ghost
August 30th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Congratulations on the new growth :)

aksown
August 30th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Maybe soon you'll notice a whole bunch of 2 inch hairs hanging around and you'll know it's all growing back.

I've got chunks of hair that are all kinds of crazy lengths since it's been shedding and growing back for a year now. My ponytail circumference is almost back to what it was before the event that triggered the shed.
Thanks for the comments!!!! I knew you guys would understand my excitement!! :D:D