PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else love fairy-tale ends?

Cupofmilk
August 29th, 2010, 02:00 PM
I really love fairy tale ends. I personally think they look good on my hair.
My hair has a good degree of seperation - it hangs naturally in little individual waves. Sort of like each wave is made up of a clump of hairs.
Blunt ends do not work with my hair when it looks like this.

I do microtrim/S&D so my ends aren't all damage.

So does anyone else love fairytale ends?

Arianwen
August 29th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Yes...I like blunt hemlines and fairytale ends etc etc.

TinaDenali
August 29th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Oh, I just LOVE fairy tale ends. I love Little Orca's hair, it fairy tale ends really nicely.

It's my favorite look and I'm trying to achieve it with my hair!

ImperfectBrat
August 29th, 2010, 03:17 PM
I love fairy-tale ends ! I'm very careful about who I let near my hair as most people think a trim means a strait across blunt line. So far my future husband is my go to person for not killing my fairy-tale hemline.

estherbeth
August 29th, 2010, 03:37 PM
I love fairy tale ends. But I love the blunt and soft U hems I've seen here and on ladies IRL, too. I have fairy tale ends right now, and I think they're pretty, but I go back and forth between wanting to keep them and wanting to gradually trim until I get an even hemline at my goal length (someday, someday!).

Feng-Shui
August 29th, 2010, 03:37 PM
I love fairy tale ends up classic length.

It works then very naturally and sees very similar to the pictures from fairy tale books of the beautiful woman.

With shorter length I prefer a straight seam and on me also.:)

On very curly women fairy tales ends are also very beautiful.:flower:

Squeak toy
August 29th, 2010, 04:17 PM
I thought I would like a thicker blunt hemline but I miss my fairytale ends. My hair does that seperation thing with the waves and blunt does not look good.

XcaliburGirl
August 29th, 2010, 04:54 PM
I prefer fairytale ends on my hair too. I think they look better in general.

CaliforniaAnne
August 29th, 2010, 05:01 PM
I love fairytale ends. They look more natural, and I love the way the look on my hair! :D

LittleOrca
August 29th, 2010, 05:28 PM
I am always fighting with mine. Some days I love them, some days I hate them and I want to cut them off and get a nice U. So far they are safe and I am leaving them alone, mostly due to this picture (http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/Long%20Hair%20Gallery/Length%20Shots/IMG_2781-1.jpg) where they were actually behaving on a day I thought my hair was so gross (needed to CO soak and another washing since I had gone swimming the night before.)

TinaDenali
August 29th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Your picture isn't working for me, LittleOrca, but I'd love to see it!! Halp!

triumphator!
August 29th, 2010, 06:30 PM
I love spiral fairy-tale ends, I think theyre the most gorgeous thing...

LittleOrca
August 29th, 2010, 06:39 PM

Fixed :) Sorry I forgot to take down the IMG tags in the link.

SilvraShadows
August 29th, 2010, 06:40 PM
I love fairy tale ends up classic length.

It works then very naturally and sees very similar to the pictures from fairy tale books of the beautiful woman.

With shorter length I prefer a straight seam and on me also.:)

On very curly women fairy tales ends are also very beautiful.:flower:

I very much agree!

I have what I call mock faerie-tale ends. I can cut a blunt hemline and you wouldn't know, but I am going for the real thing. I'm going to let my hair grow for awhile now without a trim and see how it behaves. I hope I can achieve them.

TiaKitty
August 29th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Oh, Elvea Rose!!! Your hair is gorgeous. I hope when I grow up my silvers come in just like yours!!!

And, for fairy tale ends! That's what I have, it's what I do best with, because I have the clump curls at the ends. I cut them that way when I trim, to make sure I don't get rid of them by blunting them out.

helwa
August 29th, 2010, 06:43 PM

Just a typo in the link, try this instead (http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/Long%20Hair%20Gallery/Length%20Shots/IMG_2781-1.jpg). :grin:

LittleOrca, I hope you don't mind that I corrected the link and posted a new one. Just trying to help out :blushing:

Oops, looks like I was too slow! :lol:

Nae
August 29th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Am I the only one that thought, "Fairy tale ends? Oh yes I love it when the prince carries his princess away on his mighty steed and it says that they lived happily ever after. The End."

It is getting late lol. Anyways, I like fairy tale ends as long as they are healthy. LHC fairy tale ends rock. Some of the people I see with fairy tale ends walking around town just look unkempt. I have decided it all comes down to the health of the hair.

I personally don't have hair long enough to fairy tale yet, so it is a moot point for me. I will get back to you in about 3 years lol.

LittleOrca
August 29th, 2010, 06:45 PM
LittleOrca, I hope you don't mind that I corrected the link and posted a new one. Just trying to help out

It's alright. :)

SilvraShadows
August 29th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Oh, Elvea Rose!!! Your hair is gorgeous. I hope when I grow up my silvers come in just like yours!!!

And, for fairy tale ends! That's what I have, it's what I do best with, because I have the clump curls at the ends. I cut them that way when I trim, to make sure I don't get rid of them by blunting them out.

Thank you muchly!

forty-two
August 29th, 2010, 07:07 PM
I used to be all about blunt ends - hated my stragglies - but now that I have true fairy tale ends, they've grown on me. Most of my liking stems from practicality, I'll admit - fairy tale ends are dead useful when it comes to updos. For a while, when they were *really* wispy, that was about the only reason I kept them around. But now that they have thickened up a bit - look more fairy tale-y than just pathetic - I'm beginning to like the look =).

RedCardigan
August 29th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Yes, I love them on myself and others. I think its a gorgeous natural look.:)

luthien_belewen
August 29th, 2010, 07:14 PM
I would like fairy tale ends, but I've never had them, even when my hair was long. This has probably been asked before but how does one get fairy tale ends? Do you just not trim/cut and they naturally grow that way?

spidermom
August 29th, 2010, 07:20 PM
I would like fairy tale ends, but I've never had them, even when my hair was long. This has probably been asked before but how does one get fairy tale ends? Do you just not trim/cut and they naturally grow that way?

Yes; fairy tale ends are untrimmed ends. I prefer a trimmed shape in general, but I haven't been trimming this year and wonder how long it would take before fairy tale ends develop. I went one whole year without trimming awhile back, and the ends still looked relatively even.

ChrissieM
August 29th, 2010, 08:09 PM
I think they are lovely, but I think my hair is too straight and thin for them to work on me. So I'll stick with my blunt or shallow u hemlines.

SilvraShadows
August 29th, 2010, 08:39 PM
...I haven't been trimming this year and wonder how long it would take before fairy tale ends develop. I went one whole year without trimming awhile back, and the ends still looked relatively even.

Yes, I wonder too. Can anyone say how long it takes to go from blunt ends to faerie?

christine1989
August 29th, 2010, 08:50 PM
I have seen pics here on LHC showing some beautiful fairytale ends. Unfortunatly I am one of those people who looks best with a blunt hemline.

heynormy
August 29th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Hey everyone!! I just had a quick question about getting fairytale ends!! Would having a V shaped cut help your ends fairytale quicker?

forty-two
August 29th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Yes, I wonder too. Can anyone say how long it takes to go from blunt ends to faerie?

Hmm. I had blunt ends after my last haircut, and I *definitely* have fairy tale ends now, seven years later. Thinking back...Two years in, they were still pretty blunt. And they've been nicely fairytale-ish for at least a couple years, I think. So, 3-5 years, probably at least four, is my best guess at the moment. Knee length was the turning point, I think.

SilvraShadows
August 29th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Hmm. I had blunt ends after my last haircut, and I *definitely* have fairy tale ends now, seven years later. Thinking back...Two years in, they were still pretty blunt. And they've been nicely fairytale-ish for at least a couple years, I think. So, 3-5 years, probably at least four, is my best guess at the moment. Knee length was the turning point, I think.

Gulp. Well, it might be nice to just go unchecked for a bit of time...

TinaDenali
August 29th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Fixed :) Sorry I forgot to take down the IMG tags in the link.

Ahh....!! I love it. It's like gold. Gold tinsel. Soooo pretty!!

Angeletti
August 29th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Unfortunately I don't like my fairytale ends too much, I think it's due to the fact that my hair is thinner at the bottom and I'm constantly getting negative feedback from family members. It's nice to know there are people that like them though and don't just credit them as being unhealthy looking hair.

lillylonghair
August 29th, 2010, 09:39 PM
I think it depends on the person and their hair type. Sometimes I think it looks really pretty and sometimes I don't. But it really just matters what you like!

Qwerty Uiop
August 30th, 2010, 12:19 AM
I love mine and am so glad i gave up on blunt ends. I don't think i ever really liked straight hemlines, the people who trimmed my hair just assumed i did and used it as an excuse to chop off a foot of hair when i asked for a half inch off!

Qwerty Uiop
August 30th, 2010, 12:20 AM
I love mine and am so glad i gave up on blunt ends. I don't think i ever really liked straight hemlines, the people who trimmed my hair just assumed i did and used it as an excuse to chop off a foot of hair when i asked for a half inch off!

Juneii
August 30th, 2010, 12:42 AM
I am not sure, I like the look of a blunt hemline for my straight hair, but everyone else I see pulls off fairy tale ends so nicely..

tarn
August 30th, 2010, 12:58 AM
:cheese::cheese::cheese:I love fairytale ends. My daughter is growing her hair too, and since it is easier to see hers than mine on a 360 degree basis... Her hair separates beautifully into waves when the ends taper, but when I microtrim it the lose their natural fall and look blunt and sooo much shorter. I think fairytale ends make your hair look longer and more flowing!:eyebrows:

Joliebaby
August 30th, 2010, 01:03 AM
Yes, I like them a lot, esp. on other people! I'm not sure I'd like them on myself, I'm probably more of a blunt ends kinda girl...

MissManda
August 30th, 2010, 01:21 AM
I love how naturally beautiful fairytale ends look. While I do not feel that they suit my own hair, I think well-tended fairytale ends look so magical and amazing on others (IRL and here on LHC). I especially like them on wavy or curly hair and I find that they never cease to take my breath away. :crush:

It saddens me that most people do not seem to have an appreciation for fairytale ends and deem them "scraggly" or "unhealthy." :(

Cupofmilk
August 30th, 2010, 02:00 AM
Some good points raised. I do think blunt ends look lovely too. It all depends on the hair and personality. I have got photos I can show you currently where it looks like I have quite a blunt hemline and if I let it dry naturally - fairytale.

smileycat
August 30th, 2010, 04:49 AM
Oh my, LittleOrca's fairytales ARE beautiful!

I tend to think fairytales look best on wavy or curly hair, though I have seen thick straight hair with beautiful fairytales, too.

CrisDee
August 30th, 2010, 05:21 AM
I also think it very much depends on hair type as to whether fairy tale ends will look nice - or whether they'll look scraggly and damaged. My fine hair just looks damaged with fairy tale ends, looks much better blunt cut. But I've seen many people on this board whose fairy tale ends look just lovely - magical - I've just had to accept that my hair won't look like that :)

Phexlyn
August 30th, 2010, 05:49 AM
I love fairy-tale ends on curly hair, no matter which length. I also love them on really long hair on other people. I'm still not sure if I like mine on myself. Maybe if they get thicker ;)

growingmyhair
August 30th, 2010, 05:54 AM
blunt hemline all the way. strict lines, definite shape, dead straight dark brown hair, and f-ck my curly blonde hair 24 years of which I'm so darn tired of. p.s. well, to think of it, fairytale ends aren't that bad on many ppl. p.p.s. blunt hemline doesn't work on my hair so, to be perfectly honest, I'm currently the case of fairytale ends actually :D

Dragon
September 24th, 2010, 03:26 AM
I love fairy tail ends. Actually I love all hem lines.

Theobroma
September 24th, 2010, 05:40 AM
I absolutely loathe mine and I sometimes worry that I'll never be able to thicken them up to something at least resembling a blunt hemline. Fairytale ends look awful with my texture and the only comments I've ever received about them were along the lines of "gosh, those are really wispy, don't you think you should trim to get rid of the damage?" (There IS no damage; my ends are perfectly healthy. They just fade out pathetically until there's nothing left. Grrr.)