PDA

View Full Version : Um...how did this happen?

Arianwen
August 29th, 2010, 12:58 PM
:eek:

By my rough estimate, I have not had a cut nor trim for 16 months, it was this length when last I got it cut (approx):

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/Ariansnow/DSC_0320.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/Ariansnow/DSC_0324.jpg

It is 27" dry and stretched now, wet it is from my fiddling, approximately 1" from my natural waist (where my body dips in.) I'm completely stunned. I've never been a "fast grower" at least IMO. So stretched, my hair 16 mos ago was probably shoulder-ish. Now it's almost waist!!! :eek: That seems absurdly rapid to me...

Joliebaby
August 29th, 2010, 01:02 PM
It does seem like super fast growth! If you figure out what caused it, do share! :D

Arianwen
August 29th, 2010, 01:08 PM
I'm stumped. I was a "starving" college student shortly after that with an occasionally lousy diet, I rarely take vitamins and I was neglectful of my hair (wore it in a sport bun at school most of the time.) I did get a decent amount of exercise and I had caffeine every day lolol.

spidermom
August 29th, 2010, 01:21 PM
That sounds like exceedingly fast growth; I think I hate you. (not really)

Loreley
August 29th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Wow, your hair grows super fast! :agape:

Debra83
August 29th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Holy cow!!! Wish you could bottle the technique!!!

Elenna
August 29th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Amazing Growth!!!!!!

ImperfectBrat
August 29th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Wow, that is amazing ! Can you send some growth vibes to the rest of us :D ??

Pixna
August 29th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Wha ...??? This is entirely unfair! I'm with Spidermom -- I think I hate you (also just kidding).

little_cherry
August 29th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Wow, nice. My hair started shooting out when I was exercising more, too! :) Congrats!

Arianwen
August 29th, 2010, 03:09 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/Ariansnow/IMG_0979.jpg

Hair today...see? :O

rossjen
August 29th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Whooa :agape: That is some great growing! I can only guess that it's something in your water? In any case, your curls are looking fabulous.

PrincessBob
August 29th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Hahaha!:D
I guess this is the exact sort of event that the growth-by-neglect crowd get their ideas.:p

I am really happy for you, and it must look amazing with those curls in real life. The photos make me wish I had curly swirly hair like that.

Arianwen
August 29th, 2010, 03:53 PM
It is not the easiest hairtype to deal with...believe me. Though I'm stunned a simple CO wash (well, I coconut-oiled it beforehand) with a vinegar rinse produced (for my hair) a good hair day. Hooray for COing!

Alvrodul
August 29th, 2010, 03:57 PM
If you could bottle and sell that, you would end up a millionaire! Certainly all LHCers would clamor for the stuff! ;)

Arianwen
August 29th, 2010, 04:01 PM
lol

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/Ariansnow/memananon.jpg

This is the length it was in February 2010...less than one year since last cut. Holy guacamole? I blue'd DHs and my face for privacy reasons.

smileycat
August 29th, 2010, 06:14 PM
:bigeyes:

If you figure it out, let me know! Great curls, by the way.

triumphator!
August 29th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Not!!! Fair!!!

Arianwen
August 29th, 2010, 06:33 PM

wvgemini
August 29th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Okay, work out more and buy stock in Red Bull ... hmmm ...

Seriously though, AWESOME growth!

christine1989
August 29th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Wow! It sounds like your growth rate is faster than mine (and mine is almost twice as fast as average!) I'm a bit jealous :).

Arianwen
August 30th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Okay, work out more and buy stock in Red Bull ... hmmm ...

Seriously though, AWESOME growth!

Actually, it was Irish Breakfast tea, caffeine mints and the occasional mocca frap from Starbucks (they put a Starbucks in the library! Evilness!) In the winter, I occasionally took a B6/B12/Folic vitamin but not regularly. For several months now, I've been taking a prenatal vitamin (since the end of May, I think.) I only measured my hair a few days ago and as I was totally ignoring my hair, I have no clue if the prenatals made my hair go ape**** with growth or not. I was NOT an epic grower in the past *and* I'm kind of long in the tooth. I'm stumped.

jeanniet
August 30th, 2010, 10:18 AM
That is pretty darn awesome, and I love your curls! See what happens when you don't pay too much attention? All of a sudden your hair is long!

Arianwen
August 30th, 2010, 10:18 AM

ericthegreat
August 30th, 2010, 11:01 AM
I will trade you my hair for your insanely fast growth rate. Seriously I would!!!!

You MUST TELL US how you were able to grow that much length in such a short amount of time. We must know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

virgo75
August 30th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Wow!!! Great hair growth!!! :cheese:

Actually, it was Irish Breakfast tea, caffeine mints and the occasional mocca frap from Starbucks (they put a Starbucks in the library! Evilness!) In the winter, I occasionally took a B6/B12/Folic vitamin but not regularly. For several months now, I've been taking a prenatal vitamin (since the end of May, I think.) I only measured my hair a few days ago and as I was totally ignoring my hair, I have no clue if the prenatals made my hair go ape**** with growth or not. I was NOT an epic grower in the past *and* I'm kind of long in the tooth. I'm stumped.

Note to self: increase caffeine intake and get some prenatal vitamins. :cool:

dropinthebucket
August 30th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Maybe you got all DH's hair, too? :D Congrats on your great growth.

ghost
August 30th, 2010, 12:05 PM
OMG!! Maybe all the caffeine and exercise sped up circulation.
I always drink tea or take green tea pills before a workout, to boost my energy and burn more calories...now I hope it will have a positive effect on my growth, too!

GoddesJourney
August 30th, 2010, 12:06 PM
That is super awesome!

sarah061
August 30th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Ugh, I am so jealous! That's amazing growth! Congratulations :D I want some of that growth too :'( Boooo

whiteisle
August 30th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Seriously.....???? *lapses into momentary 3 year old temper tantrum* Not fair! Not fair!!!

ok....I'm done. :p

Truly awesome growth and gorgeous curls. I must seriously find a way to get exercise back into my life. I'm convinced it made a difference with my growth the last time. And you make it tempting to pick up the lattes and frappes and whatever else is slammed with caffeine. Darn you! :D

Arianwen
August 30th, 2010, 12:48 PM
At least I wasn't drinking like a fish, smoking or doing drugs...exercise and the odd bit of tea or frapp/latte seems innocuous. :D

ericthegreat
August 30th, 2010, 01:00 PM
You still must have super hair genes Arianwen. I mean I myself go to the gym around 5 days a week, I run, do my cardio, I swim for an hour, and I eat as healthy as I can and I STILL do not have nearly as fast a growth rate as yours.

I am still offering to trade my hair for your insane hair growth. :deal:

Arianwen
August 30th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Do want...your hair is awesome!

whiteisle
August 30th, 2010, 01:58 PM
At least I wasn't drinking like a fish, smoking or doing drugs...exercise and the odd bit of tea or frapp/latte seems innocuous. :D

Absolutely! *off to hunt down latte - yum!* :D

Arianwen
August 30th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Sounds gooooood.

DecafJane
August 31st, 2010, 12:06 AM
Prenatals can have a reputation for helping with good hair growth.
Wavy, thick hair can also tend to grow quickly.

Congratulations! I can't wait to see where you will be in a year. :)

myotislucifugus
August 31st, 2010, 09:22 AM
I think the shocker is that you are curly. If you had straight hair, at an average of 1/2" a month, that is 9" total of growth. Depending on your height, that may not have been that huge. But with the curl, it looks like you must be growing about an inch a month, which is pretty darn quick. What a spurt!

Arianwen
August 31st, 2010, 09:56 AM
Er I measure stretched/and or wet, eh? Take a deep breath. :)

DecafJane, seeing the word "thick" and my hair in the same sentence is amusing to me, I do not have thick hair, it is only ii thickness (i thickness people out there, don't kill me!)

hmmm
August 31st, 2010, 10:04 AM

I find it really amusing when people say that, when alcohol and nicotine (and caffeine) are very much also drugs.

/hijack

Awesome growth! I would be jealous, but I don't think I could handle my hair growing that fast.

Peregrine
August 31st, 2010, 10:19 AM
Congratulations on your growth! hmmm... I've been running this past month, maybe my hair hit a growth spurt! :silly: Off to go check...