PDA

View Full Version : Picture request: hair you can just about tie back

PLH
August 29th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Has anyone got any pictures of what length their hair was when they could just about tie it back into a plain pony tail. Meaning maybe 1-3" protruding (of course you need some or it would fall out so quickly).

Thanks.

MandyBeth
August 29th, 2010, 11:32 PM
High shoulder, which for me is the trap muscles was the mostly in a tail stage. Full shoulder is when I can get all my hair back.

JenniferNoel
August 30th, 2010, 12:42 AM
Funny, I can tie all of mine back about an inch above the shoulders. I have a pretty long neck.

bte
August 30th, 2010, 04:44 AM
There was a thread a while back about the smallest ponytail. There might be some pics in that which would be suitable for you.

CrisDee
August 30th, 2010, 05:10 AM
I have a very long, narrow head, so my hair needs to be at least touching collarbone in the front - and then almost shoulderblade length at the very bottom of the very back - in order for every single hair to get into a ponytail. So I'm probably at least 6 months away from that, even still - which is a bit discouraging, considering I've been growing for nearly a year already :(

DecafJane
August 30th, 2010, 05:28 AM
For it to be pulled back comfortably into a ponytail without pins/clips, and if it is all the one length, it needs to be roughly shoulder-length or just above. This is when it is stretched, as I have wavy hair.

Maddy25
August 30th, 2010, 06:50 AM
I can pull mine into a ponytail, the shorter layers in the front I pin back but I only use two pins, the rest goes up no problem :)

My hair is chin in the front, and shoulder in the back...the last pic.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6089&pictureid=80413

KittyLost
August 31st, 2010, 11:33 AM
I can pull mine into a ponytail and it's only just touching the tops of my shoulder, but I could put it in a ponytail when it was shorter, when I first joined LHC.

There will be a picture of the length in my albums, it was layered and inbetween chin and shoulder.