PDA

View Full Version : When they say

McFearless
August 29th, 2010, 12:18 AM
that women with long,healthy hair is a sign they could be a potential mating partner is it true? By they I mean I've read it in magazines and online. Do men really think that when looking at a womens hair?

What are your thoughts?

Bene
August 29th, 2010, 12:29 AM
I think maybe they appreciate it on an unconscious level. Attraction to things like clear skin, hip to waist ratio, symmetry. All things that indicate health and ability to produce healthy offspring. On a conscious level, they may think it looks pretty and feminine.

JenniferNoel
August 29th, 2010, 12:35 AM
A subconscious human instinct related to association with health and youth which both "indicate" healthy reproduction.
I agree with the above poster.

McFearless
August 29th, 2010, 12:38 AM
I think maybe they appreciate it on an unconscious level. Attraction to things like clear skin, hip to waist ratio, symmetry. All things that indicate health and ability to produce healthy offspring. On a conscious level, they may think it looks pretty and feminine.

Oh. It makes sense. Thank you!

christine1989
August 29th, 2010, 12:47 AM
They do not consciously think that but it triggers their subconscious "animal instincts" to register you as a good partner. Multiple studies show that healthy hair as well as skin, weight, proper porportions and facial symmetry actually activate the areas of the brain that dictate love and attraction. Even certian ways of walking have been found to be rated more attractive. Research has shown that women who swing their hips more when they walk are noticed more by men.

growingmyhair
August 30th, 2010, 06:33 AM
second all of the above - I did read research on that

growingmyhair
August 30th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Even certian ways of walking have been found to be rated more attractive. Research has shown that women who swing their hips more when they walk are noticed more by men.
huh, I even know why - their hips width is bigger and that provides a better conditions for childbirth

apynip
August 30th, 2010, 07:04 AM
my dad was attracted to my mom because of her hair... And now its short and he still loves her ( granted of corse i'm grown now and long past baby making due to complications with me) but he always tells me he loved her hair longer.

But the hair thing is give or take as christine1989 said its only relitive to being all around healthy. Besides you can have long hair that beaks at the ends and tangles like madd and thats just not attractive....

:)