PDA

View Full Version : First funny hair comment...

marikamt
August 28th, 2010, 11:30 PM
I know there is a post for this somewhere, but I had to share in a new thread sine this is my first funny comment......

I recently hit waist length... I wear my hair up at work 100% of the time... today, I felt the need to show it off (sorry, but true :oops:) so I wore it in a half up....

I actually had someone (coworker) ask me "has your hair always been that long"?

Umm....... no, it sprouted overnight :D

Bene
August 28th, 2010, 11:37 PM
I'd probably ask the same question if I hadn't seen a co-worker's full length :shrug:

Islandgrrl
August 28th, 2010, 11:40 PM
That's funny! I had nearly the same comment this morning from someone who used to come to my early morning yoga class. She was at the late morning one I taught today and I took my hair down to re-do it at the end of class. Her comment: "When did your hair get that long?"

Um, this morning?

marikamt
August 28th, 2010, 11:40 PM
I totally get why she asked it, but it made me laugh... it was kinda a 'here's your sign' moment.....

That's funny! I had nearly the same comment this morning from someone who used to come to my early morning yoga class. She was at the late morning one I taught today and I took my hair down to re-do it at the end of class. Her comment: "When did your hair get that long?"

Um, this morning?

haha- yes, this is exactly what I thought...

No, it has not always been this long, but at 3/4 of an inch a month......

aksown
August 29th, 2010, 12:07 AM
I would probably have said something like, "Nope, I started with a bob yesterday, slapped some Miracle-Gro on it and woke up with it this long!" :D

ArienEllariel
August 29th, 2010, 12:11 AM
I would probably have said something like, "Nope, I started with a bob yesterday, slapped some Miracle-Gro on it and woke up with it this long!" :D

I bet we all wish that was an option... :rollin:

fisher2
August 29th, 2010, 07:31 AM
has anyone tried making a tea rinse with that???? i wonder lol

noelgirl
August 29th, 2010, 07:46 AM
I get that a lot at dance, since we wear buns so much. Yesterday after our show we dressed up and let our hair down, and we hardly recognized each other!

Nae
August 29th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Sometimes it is pretty amazing to people how much hair can really be tucked into an updo. Especially people who have never had long hair, I am starting to get a better idea about what updos look like with different length hair, just because I have been hanging out here for so long. I now start to lay mental bets when I see updos/buns in person. (Yeah, I get bored when I people watch.) Your co-workers were probably just amazed that they were unaware of your hair length. Yeah, they said it in a dumb way but co-workers seem to be great at saying things in dumb ways.............at least if *my* co-workers are any indication.