PDA

View Full Version : how long is your hair

ldc441
August 28th, 2010, 02:02 PM
my hair is at APL and i am cutting to my collar bone soon so how long is your hair and what do you like to keep it up in

Arianwen
August 28th, 2010, 02:03 PM
My hair is 27" and I think a little past BSL? I use amish hair pins, france luxe claws, wooden sticks/forks and well, it depends on the day and my mood. Sometimes it's just a hair-friendly tie holding a braid.

redneckprincess
August 28th, 2010, 02:54 PM
My hair is about 21" (APLish) its finally getting long enough to start wearing buns and braids I plan to go to about waist or so

JenniferNoel
August 28th, 2010, 03:02 PM
I'm at 19 or so inches, somewhere in that range. About three inches to APL.

nowxisxforever
August 28th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Mine is about mid-thigh, I like to keep it up with various hairsticks.

Coriander
August 28th, 2010, 03:37 PM
My hair is 40", almost classic length. I love using hair sticks and Ficcares for a secure hold.

christine1989
August 28th, 2010, 03:39 PM
I have made a pact with myself not to measure until at least November but last I checked it was around 18 inches (probobly more like 18.5 now). I usually keep it up in a claw clip although it is fast outgrowing all the ones I have so sometimes I double it over then twist it up and secure it.

brunette
August 28th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Mine is Classic and 45", my siggy is 2 years old but my hair still has fairytails.

I mostly wear a bun and fakkare (from Claires!) but I vary with sticks, or a wide elastic to sleep in. My favourite style for the past 3 months has been a type of french pleat I devised to keep it up easily and allow it to tumble down nicely into waves when I remove the clip.

rosieex3
August 28th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Waist length in the front, almost hip length in the back.

mrs carol
August 28th, 2010, 04:37 PM
My hair is about four inches past my waist. I usually have it up in a cinnabun.

*Rose Red*
August 28th, 2010, 05:09 PM
My hair is a little longer than BSL, my goal (actually) is tailbone or waist length.

sugarpixie10988
August 28th, 2010, 05:12 PM
My hair is hovering between SL and APL. My new favorite hairstyle is the peacock twist, I also like braids and messy buns!

Prettyeyes23
August 28th, 2010, 05:14 PM
My hair is about 36 inches long right now. I wear it up about 75% of the time, using hair sticks, scrunchies, or ponytail holders to secure my buns.

Eniratak
August 28th, 2010, 05:16 PM
My hair is 49" which is a little longer than classic.
I mostly wear it down, but I do occasionally put it up in hairsticks.

naples
August 28th, 2010, 05:23 PM
like 22 inches or so, not quite APL. I just use hairbands being a first timer and a guy i havent tried anything else. it is usually a ponytail or a ponybun thing at home. My sister gave me a plastic claw thing as a joke but I have used that at home to pin my ponytail up against my head and that works well too, but only for home.

squiggyflop
August 28th, 2010, 05:29 PM
well my hair is ~40 inches.. i can measure because my tape is gone though..

um i keep my hair in a beebutt bun held with a hairtie almost every day.. sometimes i might wear it in a braid but the laziness gets me quick and it ends up being a braided beebutt bun..

the main reason i dont use hairtoys that often is because i like the option of laying on the couch for a spontaneous nap without having to worry about my hair..

oh and why dont i wear my hair down? well first of all it gets EVERYWHERE.. my dad was in the kitchen last week scratching his butt (its gross that men will do that right in front of you) and he suddenly exclaims "man ive got a hairy @ss" and then he realized it was a HUGE wad of my shed hair that had found its way into his laundry and into his undies.. yeah.. i swear it gets everywhere.. and it gets in the way too.. and it tangles if i dont comb it all day when its down

Cleopatra18
August 28th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Mine is at hip and I usually wear it up with a hairsticks.

paperwhite
August 28th, 2010, 05:35 PM
My hair is almost 30" and until about two days ago, it was almost always in a Gibraltar Bun held with either a pair of sticks, Quattro Starlights, or scroos. Now that I've (finally :D) figured out how to do a Lazy Wrap Bun, that's how I've been keeping it, held with two 5" Ketylos. It's almost never down because I'm so used to having it up that I feel like it kind of gets in the way (under my purse strap, flying all over if I'm in the car w/the windows down, etc.). If it is down, it's usually because I'm about to go to bed. I like to bun it for bed sometimes if I'm doing a deep oiling.

slz
August 28th, 2010, 05:39 PM
A bit past knee, chinese wooden or japanese laquered chopsticks, or 2 small clawclips.

Anje
August 28th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Haven't measured in a while... Long enough that if my hair is loose, I need to hold my head to the side to put on undies. :D

Usually I hold it with a single hairstick. Other days it's in a braid or held with a Ficcare.

SpinDance
August 28th, 2010, 06:55 PM
I'm hip length, usually up with a stick or Flexi, randomly down as I feel like it.

Mariah!!
August 28th, 2010, 07:26 PM
My hair is now at 30 inches! I only want mine down to the dimples on my lower back.... cant figure out if that is considered hip or tailbone length or waist...Dont want it any longer than that. That would be about 33-34 inches! Almost there! I don't want the longest to be 33-4 inches stretched, I want it to LOOK mostly at that length not stretched, so Probably more like 34-35 inches.... YAY! Cant wait! about 6-8 months left!!

lora410
August 28th, 2010, 07:45 PM
I'm at waist when dry and Hip when wet

Angeletti
August 28th, 2010, 09:30 PM
My hair is multiple lengths due to having a v hemline at the moment. The bottom of the v is a little past my tailbone while the shortest part of it just reached waist. I usually keep it in a cinnamon bun secured by hairsticks when it's not down.

tabathavm
August 28th, 2010, 11:36 PM
My hair is at 42 inches. I want it at least to my knees.

GeoJ
August 29th, 2010, 07:53 AM
My hair is about an inch below fingertip (midthigh). Before my massive shed I strongly preferred hairsticks. Now I use hairsticks rarely, and I prefer forks and jaw clips (positioned around the perimeter of my bun for even weight distribution).

Kristin
August 29th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Mine is always *almost* waist. It's so annoying... I think I underestimated how long I had to go to waist a long time ago. Plus, I'm not calling it waist until most of my hair is that length, and I have lots of layers. It's probably between 30-31" now. These days I'm mostly using my Ketylos and Timberstone Turnings sticks to hold cinnabuns and LWBs.

chopandchange
August 29th, 2010, 08:30 AM
I think I speak for many of us here in saying:

It's not long enough yet!

(but it's getting there.) :)

Sammich
August 29th, 2010, 08:57 AM
My hair is at waist, my goal is tailbone or classic. :)

Feng-Shui
August 29th, 2010, 10:08 AM
My hair is 51 inches long.

I have still 2 - 3 inches to knee length to go.:)

Long_hair_guy
August 29th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Too short

Around 30 to 31 inches. Which is around my waist and around five inches away from my tailbone

constantki
August 30th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Mine falls a bit past my waist at about 32 inches.

Phexlyn
August 30th, 2010, 03:28 AM
My hair is classic (around 40 inches, but I haven't measured for a while), and I usually keep it up in hairstick buns or buns with hairpins. Sometimes I just put it in a braid and go ;)

Speck
August 30th, 2010, 04:50 AM
I don't know how long mine is. I couldn't resist the urge to cut and I chopped of about 4-4½ inches yesterday morning. And now it feels so short! :scared:

rags
August 30th, 2010, 06:01 AM
My hair is "can I call this BSL"? with the longest parts BSL but most of the hair not there yet. I wear it up in varying buns and braids, with forks and sticks and flexis and ficcares.

Katrina
August 30th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Mine is between tailbone and classic length (38"). I usually wear it in a Nautilus bun.

RachelRain
August 30th, 2010, 07:54 PM
47", I'm just past classic and have literally a finger's length to go to reach fingertip. (I suck at eyeballing lengths, so I won't even try.) And it's usually down, unless I'm hot or cleaning. Braids or buns (usually involving clippies, because I snap scrunchies and elastics in half) are the only things I do with it.

Jezerellica
August 30th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Between waist and tailbone. Such fun!!!

MissManda
August 30th, 2010, 08:14 PM
My hair is waist length and I usually wear my hair some kind of braid or a sock bun. I like to use Flexi-8s, hair combs, and the occasional clawclip and I hope to own some nice hairsticks and forks eventually. As much as I like hairtoys, I prefer "softer" hairstyles just in case I want to flop down on the couch/bed and relax without having to mess with my hair.

TinaDenali
August 30th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Just measured...
My hair is 29.23 inches and waist length.

bridgetsgirl
August 30th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Just past APL, but didn't measure last month. (Will do tomorrow.) For work I've taken to putting it up in a lazy wrap-ish bun with a wooden fork I got on Etsy. At home it's loose or in braided pigtails.

LittleOrca
August 30th, 2010, 11:32 PM
Not long enough. :(

UltraBella
August 30th, 2010, 11:46 PM
My hair is at hip and I am growing to tailbone, but then I am cutting it somewhere between BSL and waist I think.
I wear my hair down on my days off but in general it is up in a modified bun I came up with. I wear my buns high on my head and I use several thick hair pins to hold it in place. It's the only way it's comfortable for me.

eamane
August 31st, 2010, 12:28 AM
My hair is about waist and still to short for me to be satisfied. I've promised myself to not meassure until Yule at least.
I usually wear it up with flexi8, ficcare or hairsticks, and some days I braid. :)

Talula
August 31st, 2010, 01:56 AM
I just had my sister measure my hair the other day..... I'd never measured before. I'm at 29-30" apparently.... and she measured 3.5" around my ponytail.

I twist it up in a bun when I want it out of my way.....sometimes on top of my head, sometimes at the nape of my neck. I don't use anything to secure it, just tuck the ends in & it stays there. I want to learn how to put in hair sticks & forks.... I have a couple that people gave me as gifts years ago, but I never use them. They're pretty, though! I just don't actually need them to hold up my hair. Do most people use them because their buns won't stay up without them, or just 'cuz they're pretty, I wonder?

ETA: As of 10/19/10 - 30.25" long, still 3.5" pony. Hmm... surprised it's only .25" in almost 2 months.
.............. 02/08/11 - 31.5 - 32" long, 4" pony
..............05/12/11 - 33" long, 3.5" pony (on non-hair wash day - less volume) +1 to +1.5" gained in 3 mos.
..............12/12/11 - 36-36.5" long, pony= 3 5/8" (third day hair, not esp. greasy) 3+ gained in 7 mos.
Jan 2012 - self trim 1-2 "

Speck
August 31st, 2010, 06:14 AM
I just measured and it's at 24" so I must have chopped closer to 5" than 4". I didn't measure it. I just went to cuttin'. I adjusted my profile to show the correct number.

Kaur103
September 14th, 2010, 05:22 PM
3 inches below my knees.

Qwackie
September 14th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Not quite shoulder length, but it's brushing my shoulders and past my chin. Dunno what you'd call that.

pepperminttea
September 14th, 2010, 05:39 PM
A tiny bit past waist length. I haven't measured in quite a while, but I'd guess about 35" - I'm planning to trim in a few days, so I'll remeasure after that. I usually wear my hair in a braided bun, a nautilus bun, or a figure-8 at the moment, usually held with a ficcare or a fork.

chelseamichelle
September 14th, 2010, 05:42 PM
My hair is 28" which is mid back on me. I usually keep it in a bun with clips and pins.

sunrain
September 14th, 2010, 06:46 PM
My hair is nearing hip, making it somewhere around 32 inches long. My go-to styles are the standard English braid down the back, the braided bun, and the rose bun. Though in the past week, I've worn it down a number of times. Today it's in a rope braid which I've knotted and clipped up with a beak clip, and I have a feeling that this style and variations of it will soon become a regular style for me. I recently lost my only hair stick, so I've been making do with u-pins, elastics, and a pencil whenever I make buns. I plan on growing to terminal, wherever that is. :)

Lisa R
September 14th, 2010, 07:44 PM
My hair is about armpit length. When I get up in the morning I generally don't even comb it (stopped brushing cause it is too rough for my hair) and put it up in a claw clasp thingy. I hope to grow my hair to bra strap length and then hopefully on to waist as well. Exciting!

JulietCapulet
September 14th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Mine covers about the entire chest area.

starlights
September 15th, 2010, 01:12 AM
My hair has grown a little past waist.... i use hair bands, (the non harmful types) and hair pins, safe clips (that dont tug on my hair) when i leave it up :)

Dragon
September 15th, 2010, 01:50 AM
Mine is waist and I like to wear it down. Have only worn it up twice this year.

joyellen
September 15th, 2010, 02:02 AM
My hair is just about hip length. I'm going to cut a few inches off due to damage though. I usually keep it up in a hairstick.

Night_Kitten
September 17th, 2010, 04:23 PM
My hair is just slightly past tailbone, at 38.4''
Most of the time I wear it in a bun with a single stick outside, and at home in an english braid :)

baaaad_kitty
September 17th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Last I measured, 25.75" so about BSL or so. I can't wait to get to waist and stay there until my hemline looks thicker.

Loreley
September 18th, 2010, 02:07 AM
It's at 45", past classic length. 5" to lower-thigh length which is my goal. :D

Octave
September 18th, 2010, 02:24 AM
My hair is APL...or perhaps it's already BSL. Haven't really looked that properly lately, so I guess the easiest thing would take a photo from behind and see. ;)

At this stage the only bun I'm able to do is the pencil bun. But I do practice doing various sorts of braids. So far I've learnt to do : the rope braid, dutch braid, fish/herringbone braid, and of course the english braid.

Nevada Rose
September 18th, 2010, 02:36 AM
My hair right now is 3" beyond Classic length.

lajsa
September 18th, 2010, 03:44 AM
My hair is about BSL. I've sworn to myself I'll keep it up every day until Christmas, so I try and do as many different styles as I can. Sadly, my hair is too short for many styles, but I like the Chinese bun, for example. And three-strand-braids and rope braids, which I often bun because I find it easier to have it out of the way.

jlw9222
September 18th, 2010, 09:10 PM
I just measured today and it appears to be 32.5, which, on me, is a little past waist. It's funny that now it seems long to me. :)

Brianna
September 19th, 2010, 12:32 AM
It's at hip. Usually I put it up with a hairstick, or keep it in a braid.

christine1989
September 19th, 2010, 01:11 AM
Mine is currently just above BSL and just below when stretched. I usually keep it up in a claw clip. Unfortunatly my favorite clip broke today :cry: so I will have to take it in to get the spring thingie fixed ASAP so I can wear it again.

LiliStrange
September 19th, 2010, 06:30 AM
My hair is about 32.28 inches. I often let it down but sometimes I keep it in a hair - braid or a ponytail.

MaryLA
September 19th, 2010, 06:35 AM
My hair is a little past shoulder length. I'd like to grow it to waist length. I usually pull my hair back with metal free cloth scrunchies.

DiablitaNoir
September 19th, 2010, 09:13 AM
My hair is about 29" and just past BSL when dry. When wet it reaches my waist. I usually keep it up in a sloppy bun, just to keep it out of my face and to keep myself from messing with it. My goal is classic length, but I have little mini-goals in between. My next mini-goal is waist-length, which I'm almost at and should reach by the end of the year. Then on to hip length!

JamieLeigh
September 20th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Mine is a couple of inches past fingertip, and it likes to reside in a braided bun (ponytail base, braided, cinnabunned and clipped into place) :D

Nicoliee
January 13th, 2011, 03:34 AM
Mine is about waist length. I prefer my hair down. Just how I'm most comfortable. But when I do wear it up depends on what I'm doing. I usually put it up when eating. Depends on what. For like pizza it doesn't get in the way so I may leave it down but for things such as soup, up it goes! Usually a ponytail or a bun type thing.

myria
January 13th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Mine's about 1inch away from bcl.
I don't think I'll call it tailbone until it is actually tailbone length, if I call bcl tailbone I'll have 4 or 5 inches to classic, with no mini-milestones along the way. I like milestones, even mini ones :)

mustpannkook
January 13th, 2011, 03:54 AM
I think it is about BSL... It was bsl but I trimmed it.

Lianna
January 13th, 2011, 04:03 AM
My hair is shoulder length. I usually do half-ups with barretes, slides or flexis. I can put it all up with scrunchies in a sock bun or twisty up-dos with sticks, combs, forks or bigger flexis. I also like nets for buns with a scrunchie around or a bow or flower. I used to wear a lot of headbands to conceal growing out bangs, but now one hidden bobby pin on each side is enough to blend. Sounds like a lot, but nothing I own is expensive, the most expensive are flexis, which I was enabled here!

Aquamarine
January 13th, 2011, 06:17 AM
My hair is classic length. It's 46" the last time I measured.

spigette
January 13th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Mine is 32.5 inches, which on me is almost waist length (maybe an inch away?) My avatar pic was taken about 8 months ago, and it has grown about an inch since then.

I do my hair differently just about every day, depending on how clean it is, lol. Up, down, braids, buns, ponytails, up in front, whatever. But when it is down, I tend to tie it up quickly in a knot on top of my head to get it out of the way a lot.... but I love the feel of it down the most, I must admit.

Today is a good hair day.... nice loose sock bun waves (thanks, Loepsie!) in really soft hair from a heavy coconut oil treatment yesterday. So it is down! :D

skyblue
January 13th, 2011, 07:08 AM
My hair is 37 inches at its longest tips
no pics yet but once I get a digital camera
I'll take a pic to share

Purdy Bear
January 13th, 2011, 07:21 AM
0 inches here with Alopecia. Im hoping that better nutrition and new discoverys (links with Arthritus/Diabetes/Caeliacs) will help in bringing some cure for the medical profession. My goal is TBL.