PDA

View Full Version : So happy - first growth goal reached!

Aredhel77
August 28th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Hi everyone :)

My poor long-suffering dad has had to put up with my hair-obsession for the last few months as I have been off work sick with chronic fatigue/post viral fatigue syndrome (feeling well at present, hope it lasts!!)

Anyway I just went into the kitchen where he was kindly making me a cup of tea and, holding my head as straight as I could asked him where on my back my hair ended (I haven't ever bothered to measure it properly). He said it's just below my armpits.

I was so pleased, as I thought I was still somewhere between shoulder-length and APL :cheese:

So I can now officially join the 'Calling all who are growing ASL to BSL length thread' LOL

Yippee :eek:! (And bless my dad for putting up with me...:cool:)

tinti
August 28th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Congrats! I remember when reaching apl I felt like now I can finally start doing stuff with my hair that isn't a pony or a weird bun. Good luck on growing to bsl!

Cupofmilk
August 28th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Wonderful news.
I do hope you feel better soon.

Arianwen
August 28th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Congratulations...

Aredhel77
August 28th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Congrats! I remember when reaching apl I felt like now I can finally start doing stuff with my hair that isn't a pony or a weird bun. Good luck on growing to bsl!

Thanks Tinti!

I still have some layers to contend with which limits me slightly but actually the shortest layers are at shoulder-length pretty much, so that's not too bad :bounce:

redneckprincess
August 28th, 2010, 02:57 PM
CONGRASTS to you!! I know just how you feel...mine is most deffinetly APL when wet/straightned, but im waiting to get there wavy and dry before I call it!!!

Heartwillfollow
August 28th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Congratulations,, very sweet of your Dad :)

swanns
August 28th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Congrats! It's always so rewarding to reach goals :) And ha, my mum had to suffer the way your dad does now back when I still lived with her :p

Coriander
August 28th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Congratulations to you on reaching your goal! :)

Aredhel77
August 28th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Thank you all for your kind replies! :blossom:

naples
August 28th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Congratulations. I am just a little ways behind.

triumphator!
August 28th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Lucky you, congrats on the growth! And I hope you feel better and get back into good health again soon!

SpinDance
August 28th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Congratulations! I'm glad your Dad is as patient as my dear Husband and my son, both of whom have either measured or taken photos for me. :) Thank goodness for our loved ones and their patience with our hair obsessions!

missfortune9335
August 28th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Horray for you!!!!! I'm at the between APL and BSL point as well, and it snuck up on me too :D it's finally starting to feel somewhat long, I know how you feel!