PDA

View Full Version : Losing my curl

yassi
August 28th, 2010, 11:56 AM
When I was really little, my hair was probably 3b.
I got my hair cut around third grade, really short, and it was mostly just fluffy.
Last year, I probably would have hair typed myself as 2c/3a. Now I'm more like a 2a/2b. I don't like it!
Does anyone have suggestions for hair products (preferably coneless) which might help me to regain some of my curl?

(Sorry I don't have pictures. I don't feel like hunting, and I don't have any recent ones. My camera just broke....)

Arianwen
August 28th, 2010, 12:04 PM
AG Re:Coil

Plopping after washing?

No touching hair when it's drying and when it's finished drying.

yassi
August 28th, 2010, 12:14 PM
hm. I guess I'm going to have to start washing in the mornings. I usually wash at night, and then put the hair in a braid or something at night.....

(I should probably also note that product wise, I'm looking for reasonably inexpensive things. I'm only 15, and even though mom buys my hair stuff, I may not be able to talk her into expensive stuff.)

* goes to look up plopping *

Shany
August 28th, 2010, 12:16 PM
I need suggestions too. My hair (2 years ago, before I got an inverted bob and started straightening every other day) was 2b/2c and I also got some curls. Right now I'm 1c/2a. I read somewhere that your hair can change every 7 or 9 years. You could try plopping, using aloe vera gel, CO washing, getting some layers... For good curly hair products, you could check the naturally curly forum (curltalk).

I'm interested to see the other members' suggestions :)

bumblebums
August 28th, 2010, 12:25 PM
OP--may I ask how old you are? Sometimes texture changes as you get older. My hair got much curlier once I got through puberty, but for some it's the other way around.

Arianwen
August 28th, 2010, 12:27 PM
I went through a weird almost straight hair phase around 15, then it reverted back to Insane. :) There's even a photo I have with me and my first dog where my hair is wayyyyyyyyyy straighter than it is now.

yassi
August 28th, 2010, 12:31 PM
I'm 15. I hope that I'm just going through some sort of hair phase, and that my hair isn't getting straighter as I get older.....

Arianwen
August 28th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Don't worry :) I had curly hair when I was a kid, and then when I was in puberty it got a bit straighter...then when I was an older teen, it got curly again.