PDA

View Full Version : Braved the outside with something other than a ponytail!

naples
August 28th, 2010, 09:58 AM
So my girlfriend came over last night and started playing with my hair and trying to convince me to do something different with it. I do experiment some by myself, but am reluctant to around others. After several fails because my hair isnt quite APL but is super thick she made two ponytails at the back of my head and managed to wrap them together into some kind of bun and that was that. It looked kinda goofy but I figured i would suck it up. Any way, i was just proud of myself for having some guts.

jane53
August 28th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Yay! I know from experience variety can be scary! But you'll learn more.

Yozhik
August 28th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Awesome! I'm sure it looked good. I remember when I was first experimenting with different hairdos I was so self-conscious going out. But it'll get better with practice :)

See if your girlfriend can do a dutch braid -- it'll look a bit like a mohawk.

Or, if you're into that look -- you can do a samurai-type knot or half-up, or alternatively, wear a sporty headband the way long-haired soccer players do.

I know you didn't ask for other updo options, but just in case you're experimenting :)

Gumball
August 28th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Hey that's where it all starts! Good on ya, naples! I understand where you're coming from. It was awkward for me when I first wore something other than a ponytail, too. After a little time the adjustment went well and that opened up lots of stuff to do to keep my hair out of the way.

SpinDance
August 28th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Way to go! It's always scary the first few times, until you and others get used to a new 'do.

naples
August 28th, 2010, 01:24 PM
THanks all. Just went the the grocery store with a ponytail that wasnt pulled all the way through so a bun i guess.

tinti
August 28th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Congrats :) Going out with a new do can be scary, I know. I've been lucky because I've kind of grown up with hair stuff since my mom's a hair stylist, but if I feel I didn't do such a good job with something new it's scary to go out and test it. Maybe a topsy tail or a upside down topsy tail can be a good way to start? Kind of half familliar and half something new? :) Yesterday I tried topsy pigtails, it was kind of cute, idk why I have'nt thought of that before.

lost_hope
August 28th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Congrats :) I always used to find new hairstyles scary as well, but as my hair gets longer I'm likeing the varity of hairstyles now available.

HuggyBear
August 28th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Yeah, I know the feeling. I went out in my Lady Gaga hairbow. Even though I was quite proud of my accomplishment, I was worried that others would find it ridiculous, especially since I'm probably too old to be sporting around a 'do like that. :) Oh well, it's whatever makes you happy that counts. If someone doesn't like it, too bad for them.