PDA

View Full Version : Three Year Anniversary with Pics

peachrose
August 28th, 2010, 01:24 AM
I joined LHC in August 2008 although I'd been growing for about a year before that. I haven't posted here much lately as my hair growing had taken a back seat to my belly growing.

Baby is due early November and I am nesting away like a crazy woman. My hair has actually been much dryer during my pregnancy and thicker, which is hard to deal with since I've been blessed with thick hair to begin with. :o

These days my routine is applying a deep treatment of 3 parts Biolage conditioning balm, 1 part aloe, and 1 part olive oil to my hair weekly. I leave it on for 2-3 hours and then wash my scalp with a Lush shampoo bar and rinse the DT at the same time. My hair is very coarse and dry so this is just what it needs. I am still wearing my hair up/braided about 75% of the time.

Here it is a couple months after joining in Fall 2008

http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss339/natalienagasaki/2way.jpg

Here it is after one year at LHC. August 2009

http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss339/natalienagasaki/newlengthpic.jpg

And here it is tonight, just about waist length...

http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss339/natalienagasaki/DSCN0712.jpg

In the past two years I've trimmed about 3 inches of damage and created a much more U shaped hem with layers. This works well with my thickness as my hair can be quite overwhelming all one length.

Once I have the baby and my thickness decreases I will probably either keep growing to hip or maintain at waist. Due to my crazy hormones and weight gain related insecurities I've toyed with the idea of going back to APL/BSL the past few months but I'm not allowing myself to do anything until after baby is here and I can start feeling like my normal self!

Thanks for looking! :cheese:

Loreley
August 28th, 2010, 02:07 AM
Happy anniversary! :D Your hair is gorgeous! :thud:

Sammich
August 28th, 2010, 02:33 AM
Aww, congrats on baby on the way! :D :grouphug:
Your hair is so beautiful, wow, and thicker than before, wow. LOL! O.O I couldn't handle all that hair, but woot to you, it's amazing! :D
Lovely anniversary thread.

tinti
August 28th, 2010, 02:45 AM
Happy anniversary! Your hair is so gorgeus and shiny! Don't cut, don't cut :)

Bene
August 28th, 2010, 02:50 AM
You're absolutely right to postpone any trimming until well after the baby comes. You might appreciate the length in terms of keeping it up and out of the way. Once you and your little one have worked out a daily routine (and the hormones :) have stabilized), then a hair decision can be made.

My friend did a baby chop about a week before she was due because she wanted to simplify everything. Then realized she made more work for herself with the maintenance. I'm on babysitting duty for the next few months, just so she can wash and blowdry.

Joliebaby
August 28th, 2010, 03:08 AM
Oh, congratulations on your pregnancy and also three years at LHC!! You have wonderful hair. It looks like my hair actually :)
Please, please don't cut before giving birth, and perhaps right after is not a good time either.. I went crazy with hormones :/ But I just kept it in a ponytail or messy bun and washed it like once a week and it didn't bother me too much.. Of course it wasn't nearly as long as yours, but I think a braid or some simple style would keep it out of the way enough.
My hair didn't shed at all, I kept all the extra thickness from pregnancy. The shedding merely returned to normal, which isn't much... The usual thing of course is to have a shed, but it might not happen...

mellie
August 28th, 2010, 04:48 AM
Very pretty! Happy Anniversary and Congratulations!

DavidN
August 28th, 2010, 04:50 AM
Congratulations, Peachrose, to you, and what wonderful growth! Your hair is so thick and healthy here!

Addy
August 28th, 2010, 05:06 AM
Congratulations on your newest addition and your anniversary! :)

Teazel
August 28th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Such beautiful hair! Congratulations on three years and on your growing belly. :D

WyrdWay
August 28th, 2010, 06:54 AM
:( I just wrote a huge responce and then My phone closed the window.
But it basically said...

Your hair is gorgeous and please don't do a "momma chop". Waiting for your hormones to go back to normal would probably be best!

sipp10
August 28th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Happy Hairnniversary! You've made beautiful progress.

BrightEyes
August 28th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Your hair is so beautiful! And congrats on your pregnancy!:cheese:

SpinDance
August 28th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Congratulations on your progress and baby! Your hair is lovely. I'll add my voice to those who recommend patience and not cutting while under the influence of hormones. :) Speaking from experience, I got 16 inches taken off when my youngest was 5 weeks old because I wanted something "different". BCL to BSL. :/

melrose1985
August 28th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Beautiful!

Jenn of Pence
August 28th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Congratulations! Your hair is lovely. Best wishes for the little one!

TinaDenali
August 28th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Yay for a baby on the way! That's wonderful!

Your hair looks AMAZING! Sooo healthy and full. I love it. :)

Peregrine
August 28th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Happy anniversary! Beautiful photos.

Yozhik
August 28th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Happy anniversary :) Congratulations on your family's new addition, too.

What beautiful hair! I think our hairtypes are fairly similar, so it's great to see what the future has in store for me.

I'm definitely going to try your DT recipe -- thanks for posting it -- I need to use up my knock-off Biolage, so I'll definitely try this out :)

Gumball
August 28th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Happy three years, peachrose! A huge congratulations on the incoming baby, too!

peachrose
August 28th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Thanks everyone! Yes, you are all right, no "mama chop" for me. As much as I like myself with APL/BSL hair it really only worked well straightened and if I start doing that again I'll just create a lot of damage, not to mentioned time consuming.

It's funny how pregnancy makes one feel so out of control of their own body. It's a beautiful process and I wouldn't trade it for the world but after 7 months I am starting to feeling ready to just be me again! Thanks for all the compliments, you really made me feel good about my hair. :D