PDA

View Full Version : A great new use for my old flat iron!

christine1989
August 27th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Today I was going through my closet and organizing everything in it. When I checked the pockets of all my coats I found tons of crinkled, folded up dollar bills so for the first time in years I got out my old flat iron from highschool and ran it over all of my crinkled dollars. Presto! Just like crisp, new money from the bank :). I never thought I would ever use my flat iron again but now it as a brand new function.

Anyone else come up with creative new uses for your heat tools?

Gumball
August 27th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Since I have no heat tools, I just have to say that your use for them is awesome. Haha. Monetary fountain of youth! :lol: And total score for all the dollars you didn't realize were waiting for you!

Dars
August 27th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Haha creative! I use my straightener to iron out crinkles on small areas of clothing when I'm too lazy to use the proper iron.

Qwerty Uiop
August 27th, 2010, 11:19 PM
I have a clothes dryer now, but when i didn't my old hair dryer saved the day on more than one occasion.

TinaDenali
August 27th, 2010, 11:37 PM
What a great idea! Love it!!

JenniferNoel
August 28th, 2010, 12:55 AM
That is mad awesome. You rock. I never thought to use it that way.
I use my flat iron on... well... nothing. :p

Tiina
August 28th, 2010, 02:15 AM
I have used my hairdryers in the winter to warm up the bed and my own hands and feet. Actually, that has always been the main function of all my hairdryers. :)

SpeakingEZ
August 28th, 2010, 04:31 AM
I use mine as a clothes iron, too, since I don't have a real one. I'm in my early twenties, what do you want?

chopandchange
August 28th, 2010, 05:33 AM
That's cool!

I wish I had lots of money in my pockets I didn't know about!

Edit: we once used the hairdryer to defrost our freezer more quickly.

Denebi
August 28th, 2010, 05:45 AM
Damn! I don't have a flat iron.... seems though, I really need one! :D

squiggyflop
August 28th, 2010, 06:21 AM
i use my flat iron on bills too.. lol and all these years i thought i was an oddball for doing it

BrightEyes
August 28th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Haha creative! I use my straightener to iron out crinkles on small areas of clothing when I'm too lazy to use the proper iron.

I do this all the time!

Hacksaw007
August 28th, 2010, 08:43 AM
I use my wife's iron for woodworking, to steam out dents on wood, or drying glue repairs. That's my 2 cents...:poot:

halo_tightens
August 28th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Definitely a clothes iron-- they're perfect for smoothing hems. :)

Jenn of Pence
August 28th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Wow, my ironing piles up because I'm too lazy to get out the iron and board. I may have to try this.

I use my wife's iron for woodworking, to steam out dents on wood, or drying glue repairs. That's my 2 cents...:poot:

Hehe, I'll have to share this with DH. ;)

Tapioca
August 29th, 2010, 09:07 AM
I use my hair dryer for crafts all the time. Speeds up the drying time on paint and glue, and there's a type of shrink wrap that uses the heat to... well... shrink.

Carolyn
August 29th, 2010, 09:14 AM
I don't have a flat iron but I use my large barrel curling iron to iron ribbon.

Luna Lavender
August 29th, 2010, 09:21 AM
That's such a great idea! Currently, I use my flat iron for nothing. I do straighten my hair on (very rare) special occassions though.

And isn't it a great feeling when you find money you didn't know you owned? :D

RedCardigan
August 29th, 2010, 07:12 PM
I use my flat iron to de-frizz and style the My Little Ponies that I rescue from the thrift-store. Poor little things always need a nice bath and some work on their manes and tails! lol :D

may1em
August 29th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Now you can buy lots of crap from vending machines with ease!

Petite Simone
August 29th, 2010, 08:53 PM
college teaches you fun things. like how to make ramen noodles with a flatiron

Milui Elenath
August 30th, 2010, 05:26 AM
I use my flat iron to de-frizz and style the My Little Ponies that I rescue from the thrift-store. Poor little things always need a nice bath and some work on their manes and tails! lol :D

Me too! Also She-ra and barbies hair. I use a curling wand as I never had need for a flat iron. If only I could find a use for my crimper . . .

MandaMom2Three
August 30th, 2010, 06:12 AM
I never thought to use it like an iron! What an awesome idea! I have all kinds of wrinkly clothes and I just wear them like that because I don't want to drag out the big board and iron and all, I'll have to try this!!

apynip
August 30th, 2010, 06:59 AM
I use mine for ironing down hems and flat ironing or styling a human hair wig or two.

Or i do my friends hair with it because they do it to their hair anyways i'm just extra careful with it. on their hair

PineappleJello
August 30th, 2010, 08:28 PM

Details woman. Details!

I always use my flat iron to smooth out ribbons.

LittleOrca
August 31st, 2010, 12:34 AM
I wonder how well they would work for making a grilled cheese sandwich. :hmm:

x0h_bother
August 31st, 2010, 01:14 AM

I too would like to know this one :eyebrows:
I watched a video once of someone heat setting a dolls hair...now, where are my old barbies at? :D

KittyLost
August 31st, 2010, 03:43 AM
I've never thought to use it like that, I use my hair-dryer to dry clothes quicker and warm socks up!

Now you can buy lots of crap from vending machines with ease!

That made me laugh!

OtiggerificO
August 31st, 2010, 04:13 AM
I like this thread :D

I have lots of medieval, pointed sleaves that I use my Mum's straighteners to iron out, I also use it for crafts and sewing projects, oh and removing wax stains (my dribbly candles get everywhere).

Henrietta
August 31st, 2010, 06:52 AM
You can run a business. "Anyone needs to renew their money? Come on here!" ;)