PDA

View Full Version : Shampoo Bars....

shawneez
August 27th, 2010, 11:05 PM
Has anyone else noticed that their hair dries a lot faster after using a shampoo bar over regular conditioner washing? When I Co-wash my hair is like a sponge soaking up tons of water. With the shampoo bar wash it doesn't and therefore my hair dries much faster.
I wonder what the difference is? I think the shampoo bar may help close the cuticle. I was using the CV ayurvedic shampoo bar and the mud/clay shampoo bar. Maybe it was the ayurvedic herbs in the shampoo bar closing the cuticle down reducing porosity.

Anyone else notice this as well???

Flaxen
August 28th, 2010, 04:34 PM
I think I remember reading about that happening to others, but it wasn't my experience with shampoo bars. So, after that very helpful reply, this is more of a *bump* than anything. :lol:

Cleopatra18
August 28th, 2010, 04:42 PM
I think that when the hair dries faster it means that it's more porous and the cuticle is open,which may be due to the fat that shampoo bars are alkaline ( reason for doing ACV rinse afterwards,to close the cuticle)..I hope someone has more informative answer.

summergame
August 29th, 2010, 11:38 AM
My hair was in no time dry when I used Chaigrin Valley soapbars, it was not so good for my hear and I get frizz from it. Maybe the bar is a little bit to hard for your hair?