PDA

View Full Version : A question about terminal length/ anagen phase

Dreams_in_Pink
August 27th, 2010, 12:19 PM
I searched terminal length but none of the threads asked this one.

Does the length of anagen phase change? For example, if someone has grown hair down to waist before, does that mean this person can always reach waist? Or could the terminal length shrink in time as we age?

I hope i made my question clear :) TIA!

Dreams_in_Pink
August 27th, 2010, 12:55 PM
:hmm: bump?

growingmyhair
August 27th, 2010, 01:00 PM
I don't think terminal length shrinks with age - but that's only based on my earlier research about terminal length and I can't be sure I remember well. as far as I can remember only one's pace slows down but the length of a hair stays the same

Dreams_in_Pink
August 27th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Oh thanks, that's good to know :)

Lexy
August 27th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Terminal length can change due to age, changes in nutrition and changes in the way hair is treated. This is why you see people talking about how much less hair they are shedding now that they are taking such-and-such a supplement. :)

Some of that, of course, is based on the length of the anagen phase and some isn't, but I'm assuming your real question is, "If I was able to grow to waist length 5 years ago (or whatever), will my hair still get that long now?"

Dreams_in_Pink
August 27th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Terminal length can change due to age, changes in nutrition and changes in the way hair is treated. This is why you see people talking about how much less hair they are shedding now that they are taking such-and-such a supplement. :)

...I hope that change lasts until the problem that's causing the shed is fixed?