PDA

View Full Version : Damage Source Found --- SUNGLASSES

swivelhop
August 27th, 2010, 07:39 AM
I found the source of the broken hairs around my ears. My sun glasses have metal ear-piecess coated about half way with plastic. Where the plastic ends it is not smooth or flush with the metal. Does anyone have any ideas on ways to fix/cover this? The plastic is too thick compared to the metal for a coat of nail polish to do much good.

Nae
August 27th, 2010, 07:45 AM
You might check out this thread. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=41430&highlight=eyeglasses

It has been a while but Walterscan had good luck using some shrink tubes on her glasses. I don't know if your sunglasses have a similar setup on the temple pieces but if so they may help! Best of luck!

clichepithet
August 27th, 2010, 07:46 AM
My eyeglasses keep snagging at my hair right there as well. I've been trying to be more conscious of when I remove them, that way I'm not (or less likely to be) ripping the strands apart. I hadn't considered nail polish, or even decoupage material to smooth that area down.

As far as your sunglasses go, I can only think that a light coat of^ would perhaps simply seal and smooth the transition and thereby reduce the snagging? I'm not sure, do you have a picture of your sunglasses? (can you post pictures yet?)

ETA: Nae beat me. :D Thanks, Nae. I keep forgetting to try and find that thread.

Nae
August 27th, 2010, 07:50 AM
I am fast! What can I say? You all were witness to my awesome Ninja posting skills! Quick and stealthy...........that's me!!! ;)

ktani
August 27th, 2010, 07:55 AM
It depends on exactly where the problem is occurring and how much difference there is between the 2 surfaces. I have reading glasses with ridged ends and a few coats of nail hardener (Sally Hansen Teflon Tuff), works great.

swivelhop
August 28th, 2010, 03:26 PM
The plastic was really beat up so I broke it all off. Now I have super trendy metal ear-pieces.

Coriander
August 28th, 2010, 03:43 PM
I ended up buying new sunglasses without that snaggy thing on the end of the earpieces. It drove me nuts every time they snagged!

JenniferNoel
August 28th, 2010, 05:07 PM
All of my glasses (both sun and non-sun) have smooth ear pieces for some reason, but before I cut bangs everything got caught in the joint thing by the lenses. Woo for bangs.