PDA

View Full Version : Where’ s the difference between Artemis bun and Nautilus bun?

Henrietta
August 26th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Am I dense? It’s been few months and I cannot tell the difference. I’ve been watching tutorials over and over and I CANNOT see the moment where the steps are starting to differ. Could someone please write down the steps of making both buns? Maybe then I will notice where the difference is. What’s wrong with my observation skills? ;)

Capybara
August 26th, 2010, 01:25 PM
I'm interested in this as well. I also have seen some videos where the lazy wrap looks like the Nautilus and the Artemis ... :confused:

Bumpity Bump ;)

SpinDance
August 26th, 2010, 01:27 PM
After trying a bunch of these, I consider them to be basically the same concept/technique, just implemented in different ways. I've found that the tension moves around if switch between these, which reduces repetitive mechanical stress.

WaitingSoLong
August 26th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Never heard of Artemis, but the difference between lazy wrap and nautilus is 1: How high up on your head it ends up (nautilus is higher) and 2: There is no twist to the lazy wrap, and for whatever reason, the LWB holds better on me. Plus, it uses just a slightly different amount of hair, so I can effect one now better than a few months ago.

kittensoupnrice
August 26th, 2010, 02:45 PM
From what I've seen of the two, the difference is:

Nautilus: Do a nautilus twist. Insert hairstick where your fingers were holding the base of the pony.
Artemis: Do a nautilus, rotate the entire bun 90ish degrees clockwise to "tighten" it up. Stab the "vertical" part of the bun w/ your hairstick before bringing the stick behind to catch scalp hair. Insert perpendicular to where your fingers were gripping.

So, if you overlapped the two, the sticks would make an X (if you didn't rotate the Artemis bun),
The Artemis bun will look "poofier" because the stick is being used to poof out part of the bun.

It's a rotate + stick insertion method/location difference.

ravenreed
August 26th, 2010, 02:47 PM
The lazy wrap bun has the ends incorporated into outside bun, where as the nautilus has the ends wrapped around the base. My nautilus starts out as a bee-butt bun that I pull the top loop open enough to wrap around the bottom loops. The Artemis just looks like a rotated nautilus done differently than how I do them.

HTH.

Henrietta
August 27th, 2010, 05:04 AM
Thank you people:) I don't know why I didn't notice the rotation part:D