PDA

View Full Version : Bun curl problems

Mariah!!
August 26th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Okay so I am having trouble getting good bun curls. I have really thick, but fine hair down to mid back. My hair has never really held a curl well unless its damaged or layerd. But my hair is not layerd. So I used a fully rolled sock bun the other day over night and I got about 4 inches of good curl on the bottom. But this time I used some mouse before I rolled the sock thinking that I would get better curls and all I got was LESS! I got the ends curled under but that is it. It still looks nice, but it is not what I was going for here. I spritz my hair lightly with some water before I roll (both times). I just don't know. I hear and see great pictures of bun curls on here all the time, but somehow I just can't accomplish that. I searched and could not for the life of me find a thread on what bun to use. Can anyone give me some pointers? Also please tell me what type of bun gives good curls and if its not a sock bun, then please let me know how to do it if you know, or can find a link of some kind please. :o Thanks in advance!

*Aoife*
August 26th, 2010, 09:56 AM
I can't imagine a sock bun giving good curls.

Personally, my warped version of a cinnamon bun held by a flexi-8 or a Fakkare gives pretty good results. It's only warped because my hair doesn't like holding the shape of cinnamon buns so I need to alter it a little to make it stay up.

Mariah!!
August 26th, 2010, 10:10 AM
What kind of curls does it give? Are they big, small, spiral, not spiral...

*Aoife*
August 26th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Big and not very spirally. I could have sworn I had pictures but I checked my camera and my photobucket and I can't see any.