PDA

View Full Version : What does your underlayer look like?

TealDolphin
August 25th, 2010, 10:02 PM
My underlayer is straight. :P

virgo75
August 25th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Mine is straight and silky. :confused:

christine1989
August 25th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Mine is almost exactly the same texture as the rest of my hair.

HintOfMint
August 25th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Completely straight. 1A straight, to be exact. Most of it is silky except for the part that actually touches my back. That part can be a bit rough because of all the S&D's and tangles it gets.

Luna12345
August 25th, 2010, 11:18 PM
mine is actually curlier then the rest of my hair

renarok
August 25th, 2010, 11:42 PM
My underlayer is finer, wavier, and very prone to breakage. I don't know why.

Hotrox
August 25th, 2010, 11:57 PM
Left side - super smoothly curly, and forms beautiful ringlets
Right side - crazy curly, square curls, massive shrinkage
Centre back - can hardly get a wave out it

:confused:

triumphator!
August 26th, 2010, 12:27 AM
My underlayer is darker, wavier, and coarser.

Aleria
August 26th, 2010, 12:31 AM
About 1B and silky, though still coarse. I suspect it gets more natural oils from being close to my skin? Just a guess though~

Joliebaby
August 26th, 2010, 12:32 AM
mine is wavier (sometimes it's been even curly with spirals) and silkier :)
it's funny though how the last half or a bit less is much straighter and then suddenly really wavy to the scalp. so it just started growing different hair (again).

it looks like what i grew during pregnancy was straighter, hmm....

i also suddenly grew this much kinkier wave, just ONE, and it really showed in the bang area. i had bangs before and cut them again right in the middle of that kink/curl when it grew out to be in the middle of my forehead., so now the ends of my growing out bangs have this curled tip!! but it was so much stranger looking when it was smack middle of my bangs, i had to cut them! in the rest of my hair the single curl isn't visible at all anymore.
i think it was some freaked hormones or something. i was hoping my whole hair would start growing curlier but nope.

Charlotte:)
August 26th, 2010, 12:40 AM
Mine is naturally several shades darker and coarser. People always ask me if I have highlights, lol.

leslissocool
August 26th, 2010, 12:56 AM
Mine is Way more curly than the rest of my hair... and frizz...but the same texture, just unmanageable :/

Loreley
August 26th, 2010, 01:05 AM
Mine is straighter and coarser than the rest of my hair.

Morgaine
August 26th, 2010, 04:01 AM
Mine is wavier and finer than the rest of my hair, it breaks easily and some strands turn into nice ringlets.

Chrissy
August 26th, 2010, 04:14 AM
When I first saw this my brain saw ..... What does your undertaker look like? :) Carry on!!!

jennyjb
August 26th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Mine's the same colour and waviness as the top layer but is smoother (maybe because it's not as exposed to the wind/sun etc as much).

Actually I just though of this - it might be getting more than its fair share of conditioner because I wash my hair upside-down with my head tipped forwards.

Jean Stuart
August 26th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Mine is pretty much the same but...I have wispies on the side and under my hair. They are broken hairs that are growing out from when I wore a gold chain that kept pulling the hair on the back of my neck and my old glasses kept pulling on my hair at the sides of my head. The side ones stick strait up and out unless smoothed down with oil and the back ones constantly tangle.

restourceful
August 26th, 2010, 07:29 AM
When I first saw this my brain saw ..... What does your undertaker look like? :) Carry on!!!

Me, too, Chrissy, except my brain saw...What does your underwear look like. shudder: You know, I like everyone here and all but I think that might be TMI for most people! :cheese:

And just so the OP knows I take all questions seriously, mine is darker than the rest of my hair and a little frizzy when it's up, but soft and smoother than the rest of my hair when it's down. :shrug:

Cheeks1206
August 26th, 2010, 07:50 AM
It's curly. Sometimes I get some really nice chuncky spirals down there, but it's mostly wavy these days due to the weigh of the rest of my hair. I suspect if I were to let it air dry with nothing pressing down on it it would be just as curly as the rest of my hair.

cmnt831
August 26th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Mine is almost straight with a slight wave, very silky and fine and a somewhat lighter reddish brown than the top layer. Top layer is darker cooler brown with silver, much wavier, still forms some spirals at waist length and not quite as fine hairs as the underlayer.

LindsayNichole
August 26th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Me, too, Chrissy, except my brain saw...What does your underwear look like. shudder: You know, I like everyone here and all but I think that might be TMI for most people! :cheese:

And just so the OP knows I take all questions seriously, mine is darker than the rest of my hair and a little frizzy when it's up, but soft and smoother than the rest of my hair when it's down. :shrug:

I saw "underwear" too! I'm glad I'm not the only one... :D

My underlayer is curlier and more manageable. I think most of that is due to the length and weight as opposed to the shorter layers on top. Looking forward to the day when my layers are waist-length...

patience
August 26th, 2010, 08:54 AM
My underlayer is straight, just like the rest of my hair. Usually, it's naturally a couple shades darker than the rest.... but right now it's turquoise. :D

kristymarie87
August 26th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Mine is pin straight and very healthy and shiny!! A shanme that the rest are random kinks and dry at the ends!!

CurlAhead
August 26th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Mine is less curly than the rest of my hair, because it is longer. Though something has happened lately, it is frizzy and get a lot of tangles. Hmm..

swivelhop
August 26th, 2010, 10:25 AM
I wish all my hair was like my underlayer! Its silky fine straight impossibly shiney. It is also lighter and more gold with absolutely no red. I think this is my skins fault my neck bleaches out shirts too.:hmm:

Soraine
August 26th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Mine is so smooth and straight, without those pesky curls that my top layers sporadically have, even though i have relatively straight hair all over. Wish my whole head of hair had the same texture as my underlayer!

RachelRain
August 26th, 2010, 03:41 PM
dark. -er than the rest of my hair, at least.

and I've got weird little curly things going on on the very bottom.

McFearless
August 26th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Mine is silky, soft and perfect. The top layer....not so much. :(

Capybara
August 26th, 2010, 05:48 PM
My underlayer is much wavier than the rest of my hair, and finer. I'm beginning to think I'm more of an F/M than a true M.

Keildra
August 26th, 2010, 06:08 PM
straight and blonde

sugarpixie10988
August 26th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Same texture, but it's an ashy brown and a bit shinier. It's also really soft!

sarah061
August 26th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Mine is a lot curlier than the rest of my hair and it's so annoying!!

Wanderer09
August 26th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Mine is a mess of splits, tangles and breakage. :(

joyellen
August 26th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Mine is much coarser than the rest of my hair, and prone to breakage and splits. :(

Yozhik
August 26th, 2010, 07:40 PM
My underlayer is finer than the rest of my hair, a bit straighter, and definitely more prone to tangles!

LoversLullaby
August 26th, 2010, 10:03 PM
My underlayer is a bit straighter, coarser, and more prone to damage.

Antipodienne
August 26th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Slightly wavier and a little darker. Silky soft and slippery--immediately escapes every hairstyle I put it in.

Centifolia
August 27th, 2010, 02:29 AM
My underlayer is about the same colour but curlier.

This is what my canopy looks like (colour isn't not nearly accurate, photo taken at night).

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5742&pictureid=79968

And this is what my underlayer looks like.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5742&pictureid=79969

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5742&pictureid=79970

DuckyDot
August 27th, 2010, 03:20 AM
About 1b :(

Tiina
August 27th, 2010, 03:36 AM
While the upper hair is sort of extra ashy ash blonde, the underlayer is just ash. Otherwise just the same.

RedheadMistress
August 27th, 2010, 05:57 AM
- Mine is happier/healthier than my overlayer :P
So it is more at my natural state, corkscrew curly . . while the overlayer is more wavy .

Katze
August 27th, 2010, 06:06 AM
Mine is curlier, almost kinky, and very, very dry. I am constantly oiling and putting leave-in into it, and it is finally growing (now about 4 inches).

It is really weird when fine straightish hair lies on top of medium thickness, almost-curly ringlets. Thanks, genetics! :silly:

Siava
August 27th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Mine is a little straighter, darker, silkier, and stronger.

Deborah
August 27th, 2010, 08:50 AM
My hair is the same all the way through, straight and silky, except that I have a few wispy neck areas that sometimes are a little curly..

Henrietta
August 27th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Mine is almost exactly the same texture as the rest of my hair.

Mine too. Maybe just a little straighter. Only the ends are curly, when the ends of my upperlayers' ends are straight:D